Panera Bread people

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Some of you asshats are way too worried about what lucky bee does with her time.

I'm gonna work from Panera tomorrow from about 11-1. Come say hi. I'll have my crap everywhere.

I'm considering getting my yoga pants on and going to PB to grab a danish or lunch later. I'll report back as to how many table hogger folks there were using more than 1 seat, and if anyone else had on yoga pants, and if so were any of them plus sized.

Gosh I wonder if PB likes all this new publicity? :jerry:

Last edited:

RidgeChick

wondering if my knitting group would like to congregate at Panera - a bunch of chatty boisterous women with all their knitting supplies - books, yarns, completed projects, laptops, etc...and when we get together, we sit for a spell!!

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Panrea Bread is NOT you office !!!! Its very frustrating when they are very busy, lunch time, and you see several people sprawled out over a table doing business/school work.

Sales RATS ..
... if they buy a Sammy they can sit there all they want

[unless otherwise posted]

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.

I have done that in the last yr, in a REALLY busy restaurant ....

dude say on the opposite side / corner @ a 4 person table

lucky_bee

RBF expert
So, you bought food on credit was more important then rent and internet service, got it.

While I agree you had the right to hog a table for hours, take advantage and abuse a privilege that establishment provided doesn't mean it was ethical, but hey, you had the right.

You say opening a bill to be payed once a month like internet at home wasn't an option but opening a credit card bill once a month for over priced food was, again, got it.

And it is about why you were there, you made it a point to justify you camping out and being an oblivion.

Wow, you sound like you have been the only person unemployed and needing free WiFi. Don't like going to the library, then get your own eff'ing WiFi, oh wait, I forgot, you have a right to sit in an establishment for four to six hours and hog a table......because you can't afford internet service (but can afford the food/drink there).

The reason why places offer free WiFi is to people can eat their lunch and check their e-mails and surf the web.......while eating their lunch. I don't think they offer it for people like you to camp out for hours and take advantage of their generosity. The reason why management doesn't say anything is because I don't think the managers want to deal with oblivion's who think they have the "right" to hog tables, they would rather just let the oblivion's be then deal with hassle because the first thing these oblivion's will scream is that they had a "right" and threaten a lawsuit.

People are allowed to do a lot of things, doesn't make it right or a "right".

And I think you are the one who needs to get a life, don't like people judging you, don't judge others.

Oblivion? I believe you're the one judging me. I've already explained several times how I was the exact opposite and am not wasting my time explaining my unemployment budgets and reasonings or the money my mom would slip me sometimes for food. Feel better about yourself? Plenty of people are unemployed. Not once did I ever go get me some WIC or any benefits, I made it work and you want to criticize my way of making it work when it has NO EFFECT on you? Clearly you're hung up on this. Get a ####ing life.

Free wifi is not just for quick email checking. While you sit in your office, try doing some research. Businesses are moving in this direction. If you don't like it, again...McDonald's drive thru or GO HOME.

Is Free Wifi Good Business?

Last edited:

softtouch

Years ago a neighbor told me a story about his days as a surveyor during the Florida land rush in the 20's. The number of people overwhelmed the infrastructure. He said the restaurants would bring you in and stand you behind the chair of the person who's seat you were next in line for.

CaneCorso

Just curious if you want to camp out at Panera Bread all day using the Wi-Fi but don't want to be bothered would it be considered bad form if you sit on the crapper and lock the door creating your own office?

:coffee:

officeguy

Went to Panera this afternoon. Full of table leeches ;-) Took the biggest table I could find, spread out my papers and paid some bills :buddies: . When in rome, and such.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
Oblivion? I believe you're the one judging me. I've already explained several times how I was the exact opposite and am not wasting my time explaining my unemployment budgets and reasonings or the money my mom would slip me sometimes for food. Feel better about yourself? Plenty of people are unemployed. Not once did I ever go get me some WIC or any benefits, I made it work and you want to criticize my way of making it work when it has NO EFFECT on you? Clearly you're hung up on this. Get a ####ing life.

Free wifi is not just for quick email checking. While you sit in your office, try doing some research. Businesses are moving in this direction. If you don't like it, again...McDonald's drive thru or GO HOME.

Is Free Wifi Good Business?
Obviously you still fail to realize that the reason I'm commenting on those things is BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT IT UP AS JUSTIFICATION for camping out in your very first post. Don't want people commenting on things like that, don't air them on a public forum.

Look, I don't care about your sensitive ego and fragile emotions, your first post was inflammatory and now you are crying because someone dared to question your statements. Don't like it, too bad, get over it.

And for all those here saying that this isn't something worth complaining about, how many of you have come on here and complained about something yourself? I didn't get the memo that we are suppose to run our complaints through a group counseling session before we can express them, thanks for leaving me out of the loop.

You may not agree with the OP's complaint but that doesn't mean it's any less valid than the complaints that you make on here. Remember your own actions in this thread the next time you make a thread about a complaint, someone else may tell you that it's not worth complaining about so don't get all butt-hurt when they do.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Obviously you still fail to realize that the reason I'm commenting on those things is BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT IT UP AS JUSTIFICATION for camping out in your very first post. Don't want people commenting on things like that, don't air them on a public forum.

Look, I don't care about your sensitive ego and fragile emotions, your first post was inflammatory and now you are crying because someone dared to question your statements. Don't like it, too bad, get over it.

And for all those here saying that this isn't something worth complaining about, how many of you have come on here and complained about something yourself? I didn't get the memo that we are suppose to run our complaints through a group counseling session before we can express them, thanks for leaving out of the loop.

You may not agree with the OP's complaint but that doesn't mean it's any less valid as the complaints that you make on here. Remember your own actions in this thread the next time you make a thread about a complaint, someone else may tell you that it's not worth complaining about so don't get all butt-hurt when they do.

Who pissed in your Corn Flakes?

officeguy

Btw. I have a little pre-paid sprint 3G/4G hotspot box. Costs less than 3 lunches at Panera. Most of the time, if I am at a coffee shop or Panera to do some work, I use my own connection as it works better with my VPN applications than public wifi.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

And for all those here saying that this isn't something worth complaining about, how many of you have come on here and complained about something yourself? I didn't get the memo that we are suppose to run our complaints through a group counseling session before we can express them, thanks for leaving out of the loop.

You may not agree with the OP's complaint but that doesn't mean it's any less valid as the complaints that you make on here. Remember your own actions in this thread the next time you make a thread about a complaint, someone else may tell you that it's not worth complaining about so don't get all butt-hurt when they do.

:clap: I think that maybe mommy and daddy may have instilled a little too much self-worth into little princess’ ego.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
If I were to go to Panera Bread to utilize their free wi-fi for a period of time longer than 30 minutes, I would most certainly go after the breakfast rush and before the lunch rush and after the dinner crowd, so as not take up valuable real estate from the lunch crowd who might wish to actually eat their meal at a table.

I see the need where it might be necessary to use their wi-fi for a few hours, but it would be best to avoid doing that when the restaurant is at their maximum capacity at lunch time.

What fun is it to order your lunch, pay for it, wait for its' preparation, only to wander around searching for a place to eat it, when Table Hogs park themselves at peak times?

But that's just me.

beamher

^This^

Why is it crucial that you visit Panera during busy lunch period and eat inside? You know it's going to be busy; you know it's going to be difficult to find a seat. Why go there? It's not like there are no other lunch places.

Seriously, I don't understand that. It's like people just want something to bitch and moan about.

Not bitching & moaning...just stated the obvious & commented. If I purchase food from an establishment I should be able to sit and enjoy my food without alot of the seating taken by WiFi users.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
TAMPA (FOX 13) -
Tweets, texts, e-mails are all part of the way we now talk to each other. But we discovered someone who is keeping a lost art alive, touching people in a special way this holiday season.

Gloria Dale does it from her almost hidden personal spot in a Dunkin Donuts.

Among the caffeinated joy and guilty pleasures, Gloria's hands are always busy writing Christmas cards for soldiers and veterans

"I come in about quarter of five, five o' clock and sometimes I will leave at noon," Gloria said. "Sometimes I will leave at one. Sometimes I will leave at four."

Woman writes Christmas cards for service men and women - FOX 13 News

Next time try Dunkin Donuts. No one bothers this lady and she sits there all day.