Pedestrian Hit In Wildewood...

cashncarry

LOL! I agree! As a mom I'm always VERY cautious in the parking lot with the kids, especially because they are SHORT and may not be seen so easily! I'm always shocked by the parent who just rolls the cart into the path of a car! You always want to make sure the driver has seen you!
I like the street crossings where the stroller operator rolls the child bearing stroller into traffic, then looks to see if it's safe to continue. Testing 1..2..3.. Whoever said 'women and children first' should have said, 'Children first'. Beware of DUMMIES.

cashncarry

I just found out who the old lady was and I feel REALLY sorry for the guy who hit her.

He should have made it worth it:rolleyes:

I know this sounds callous but I foresee a lawsuit in the future. Much like the ones that she has previously filed for such accidents.

Ahha One of those slip, drop, fall and sue types eh? Slipped and fell on a grape in the grocery store. Well watch where you put your feet ya big dummy. Unless of course the object is $$$$. She must have been unable to locate one of those warning WET FLOOR yellow signs in the store.So since she was running out of options she opted for the the street crossing. Like I said BEWARE OF DUMMIES.

C

CalvertNewbie

I just found out who the old lady was and I feel REALLY sorry for the guy who hit her.

I know this sounds callous but I foresee a lawsuit in the future. Much like the ones that she has previously filed for such accidents.

I may sound cynical here and if she was really hurt in this situation, I'm sorry for even saying this.

Do you think she really even got hit by the car? Or is she one of those who bangs on the car with her fist, dramatically falls to the ground, and acts as though she was hit? Before moving down here, I was an auto claims investigator, working in the fraud unit - sad to say but I found a lot of fraudulant cases where pedestrians were not really hit/hurt by our insureds. Anything for a quick buck for some people! :eyebrow:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I may sound cynical here and if she was really hurt in this situation, I'm sorry for even saying this.

Do you think she really even got hit by the car? Or is she one of those who bangs on the car with her fist, dramatically falls to the ground, and acts as though she was hit? Before moving down here, I was an auto claims investigator, working in the fraud unit - sad to say but I found a lot of fraudulant cases where pedestrians were not really hit/hurt by our insureds. Anything for a quick buck for some people! :eyebrow:

and now you will probably feel like #### when I tell you what really happened :lol:

The story is...driver of the van drove past the cross-walk, obviously at this point the pedestrian thought it was ok to cross (wouldn't you?), not in this case...The driver saw a parking space open up from the row he just passed (or something like that) and decided to throw his van in reverse and speed backwards to try and get the spot.

So yes folks, this was all over trying to get a damned parking space. :roflmao:

Turns out that grandma knows the lady that got hit :shrug:
Her injuries consist of a crushed shoulder socket and bruises. (that is all I recall hearing). She is being taken care of but it was her main arm that had the socket crushed so god knows when/if she'll be able to really do things the same as before.

thurley42

HY;FR
and now you will probably feel like #### when I tell you what really happened :lol:

The story is...driver of the van drove past the cross-walk, obviously at this point the pedestrian thought it was ok to cross (wouldn't you?), not in this case...The driver saw a parking space open up from the row he just passed (or something like that) and decided to throw his van in reverse and speed backwards to try and get the spot.

Her injuries consist of a crushed shoulder socket and bruises. (that is all I recall hearing). She is being taken care of but it was her main arm that had the socket crushed so god knows when/if she'll be able to really do things the same as before.

so your saying her baseball career is in the crapper?

C

CalvertNewbie

Well, like I said earlier.....I'm sorry for even opening my mouth if she was indeed hurt. And it sure sounds like she was.

Accidents happen all the time over parking spots - how stupid is that? Walk the few extra feet and get over it. It's not worth hitting a little old lady to get a closer parking spot. People can be so damn lazy sometimes.

Just a side note....a lot of people who commit insurance fraud are little innocent-looking old ladies - who would've thought??!! :faint:

cashncarry

Well, like I said earlier.....I'm sorry for even opening my mouth if she was indeed hurt. And it sure sounds like she was.

Accidents happen all the time over parking spots - how stupid is that? Walk the few extra feet and get over it. It's not worth hitting a little old lady to get a closer parking spot. People can be so damn lazy sometimes.

Just a side note....a lot of people who commit insurance fraud are little innocent-looking old ladies - who would've thought??!! :faint:
That is really too bad that the lady was injured. Sounds like a nasty injury that will be a long time healing fully, if ever. Glad it wasn't a scam although that sort of thing goes on so much that all of us are becoming jaded and hardened when we read something of an accidential nature. Now, as for the jerk bucket in the van, think you're going to have a heafty fine to pay not only for hitting the pedestrian but for backing up in the street. That's a huge parking lot which I have never seen anywhere near full, but like you said people are afraid to walk two steps. Get out your check book, you gonna pay for being lazy.:stupid:

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..

Well, what I know of the woman is that she has filed several suits against businesses for slip and fall accidents over the years and there is a more serious fact about her that I am not at liberty to discuss in the open.
Her injuries are real and the driver of the vehicle does appear to be at fault, but that doesn't take away from what I know about her and I still don't feel sorry for her. Old lady or not.:coffee:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Well, what I know of the woman is that she has filed several suits against businesses for slip and fall accidents over the years and there is a more serious fact about her that I am not at liberty to discuss in the open.
Her injuries are real and the driver of the vehicle does appear to be at fault, but that doesn't take away from what I know about her and I still don't feel sorry for her. Old lady or not.:coffee:

Well, just talked to grandma and she says that you are either crazy or misinformed about who was hit...because the lady that was hit is a nun and has never sued anyone and probably won't in this case either, when it was the guy's fault. :shrug:

wanna PM me the name of who you THINK was hit? Grandma has been in touch with the family so she knows the story of what actually happened and whatnot lol.