Pedestrian Hit In Wildewood...

mkd20012001

Live~Love~Laugh
Yes. There is. After thinking about it for a minute I can remember the bottom of my car smacking the hell out of it. Reminded me to slow the hell down. :yay:

:yeahthat:

If they were coming from JcPenneys then the speed bump is right past McKay's entrance. Maybe they were coming from that way.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Yes. There is. After thinking about it for a minute I can remember the bottom of my car smacking the hell out of it. Reminded me to slow the hell down. :yay:

I do know that there is a speed bump in front of McKay's but not before it. The Mailboxes, Etc. store doesn't have a speed bump. I was speaking of the one before the McKay's have no speed bump.

You shouldn't be reminded to slow down if your bottom of the car got smacked. The big bright and yellow bump visable should remind you and everybody else clearly.

Sorry to hear that your bottom of your car got smacked the hell out of it. Hope there is no damage to your car.

sockgirl77

I do know that there is a speed bump in front of McKay's but not before it. The Mailboxes, Etc. store doesn't have a speed bump. I was speaking of the one before the McKay's have no speed bump.

You shouldn't be reminded to slow down if your bottom of the car got smacked. The big bright and yellow bump visable should remind you and everybody else clearly.

Sorry to hear that your bottom of your car got smacked the hell out of it. Hope there is no damage to your car.

I wasn't flying through there. We were talking about McKay's, not Mailboxes Etc.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If I remember correctly the speed bumps there are huge.
In our 4x4 I have to almost stop.

:lol: :killingme You've got the high clearance off road 4X4, so you can stop for speed bumps. :crazy:

That bugs me too!! Seriously if cars would yield to pedestrians and pedestrians would look both ways before crossing things would seriously run much more smoothly

Another case of natural selection run amock. IMO, pedestrians should pay attention to their surroundings and not walk out in front of large steel objects.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Another case of natural selection run amock. IMO, pedestrians should pay attention to their surroundings and not walk out in front of large steel objects.

It was an old lady. Natural selection should have gotten her long ago if it was really her fault. Darwinism requires that the stupid not reproduce.

CalifrniaDreamn

Aren't there speed bumps there? I hope the lady is okay. :smack: to the idiots that insist on flying through there.

Don't know what happened in this case, but I have noticed that in this area (Southern Maryland) pedestrians are just idiotic at shopping centers, walking out in front of moving cars. I've lived other places where they would have been flattened like pancakes for that behavior. Just because you're a pedestrian does not mean you won't get hit if you walk out in front of a car.

Don't know what happened in this case, but I have noticed that in this area (Southern Maryland) pedestrians are just idiotic at shopping centers, walking out in front of moving cars. I've lived other places where they would have been flattened like pancakes for that behavior. Just because you're a pedestrian does not mean you won't get hit if you walk out in front of a car.

They walk out in front of cars, angle across in front of you when it would be much quicker to go straight and walk down the middle of the lanes. The best ones are the moms that head back to their cars, pushing the cart with their kids running ahead, lagging behind or heading the other direction.

fredsaid2

As a driver it's your responsibility to be alert and aware of pedestrians in a cross walk. If you're trying to navigate in a shopping center parking lot you have to expect the odd pedestrian or two. People do tend to drive much too fast through the Wildewood center. The delivery trucks parked at Mailboxes don't help by cutting off the driver's and the pedestrian's views.

I hope she is ok and any injuries are minor.

CalifrniaDreamn

They walk out in front of cars, angle across in front of you when it would be much quicker to go straight and walk down the middle of the lanes. The best ones are the moms that head back to their cars, pushing the cart with their kids running ahead, lagging behind or heading the other direction.

LOL! I agree! As a mom I'm always VERY cautious in the parking lot with the kids, especially because they are SHORT and may not be seen so easily! I'm always shocked by the parent who just rolls the cart into the path of a car! You always want to make sure the driver has seen you!

CalifrniaDreamn

As a driver it's your responsibility to be alert and aware of pedestrians in a cross walk. If you're trying to navigate in a shopping center parking lot you have to expect the odd pedestrian or two. People do tend to drive much too fast through the Wildewood center. The delivery trucks parked at Mailboxes don't help by cutting off the driver's and the pedestrian's views.

I hope she is ok and any injuries are minor.

Your'e right, Fred, you've got to look out for the pedestrians. Traveling slowly is your best bet!

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
I just found out who the old lady was and I feel REALLY sorry for the guy who hit her.

He should have made it worth it:rolleyes:

I know this sounds callous but I foresee a lawsuit in the future. Much like the ones that she has previously filed for such accidents.