Pens Vs. Habs

JoeR

:yeahthat:

I'll just add what John Buccigross (of ESPN) wrote in response to a couple emails he received from people whining about Sid.

(You can add a Richard trophy to number 3, as well.)

Most of the whining Sid did was in his rookie season. I've heard that from more than one reporter. He's grown into everything you posted from John Buccigross and T.Rally posted. But all of this will fall on deaf ears for Capital fans and other Crosby haters.

Baz

This. ------------------>
And the fact that he came to the Pens as a free agent after finishing the 07-08 season after being traded by Vancouver to the CAPS.

I remember really hoping the Penguins would get him, and it came down to the wire with him choosing from a few teams. Decided to come to Pittsburgh because he wanted a Stanley Cup.

He chose wisely. :smile:

SG_Player1974

Crosby is everything right with sports; gives 100% every night, makes his teammates better, plays the game the right way, humble, signs autographs, never have to worry about his character, always speaks to the media, those who don't see Sid daily are more apt to speak out without any shred of evidence and normally spoken out of jealousy or just plain not knowing.

Excuse me.... but did you happen to watch the Stanley Cup Finals AT ALL last season???! Cindy and Malkin should have been EJECTED several times during that series for unsportsmanlike conduct! Malkin was supposed to be suspended for 2 games but, the NHL brass did not want to see their "poster" team LOSE! And what was up with the failure on Cindy's part to shake hands with the Red Wings when they lost??? Real good sport and face for the NHL!!!!
Every newspaper in the country was reporting that Malin and Cindy got preferred treatment.

T.Rally

Excuse me.... but did you happen to watch the Stanley Cup Finals AT ALL last season???! Cindy and Malkin should have been EJECTED several times during that series for unsportsmanlike conduct! Malkin was supposed to be suspended for 2 games but, the NHL brass did not want to see their "poster" team LOSE! And what was up with the failure on Cindy's part to shake hands with the Red Wings when they lost??? Real good sport and face for the NHL!!!!
Every newspaper in the country was reporting that Malin and Cindy got preferred treatment.

You know what, lets talk when Ovie ever wins a game of any importance. Obviously, you're blinded by pure emotion and jealousy. Anybody in their right mind would take Malkin and Crosby over Semin and Ovechkin any day...well at least until the latter actually win something.

Peter Forsberg

Actually, Matt Cooke brings alot to the table. People who don't watch the Pens very much may think of him as just a thug, but he's a valuable all-around player. Scored 15 goals this season, plus 4 in these playoffs. A great checker and grinder, plus he's a very good penalty killer. A high energy, hard worker. Hopefully the Penguins are able to re-sign him.

And it does figure this thread quieted down after the series ended, doesn't it?
I watch plenty of hockey thank you. He attemped to go after Hall Gill's stiched up leg in game 7 shows he is a THUG!

BuddyLee

Football addict
Anybody in their right mind would take Malkin and Crosby over Semin and Ovechkin any day...well at least until the latter actually win something.
Well duh. Anyone would make that move because Semin is over-rated.

Now, give me Ovechkin and Backstrom and we have a debate.

SG_Player1974

You know what, lets talk when Ovie ever wins a game of any importance. Obviously, you're blinded by pure emotion and jealousy. Anybody in their right mind would take Malkin and Crosby over Semin and Ovechkin any day...well at least until the latter actually win something.

I have NOTHING to be jealous about when it comes to the Penguins and Malkin/Cindy. I dont even pull for the Capitals! :1bdz: What I do care about is that no one seems to remember the ignorant, child-like actions of the Penguins two biggest stars at the end of last season. They did win the cup and I will give then that however, that cup should come with an asterisk! (i.e. Malkin and Cindy should have been suspended for 1 game each during the series and without them there was NO WAY they would have won!) :popcorn:

Baz

I watch plenty of hockey thank you. He attemped to go after Hall Gill's stiched up leg in game 7 shows he is a THUG!

How dare you accuse a hockey player/team of targeting an opponents injury during a playoff game. A game 7, no less! That has never happened before and will never happen again!!!

Please.

Are you going to nominate Daniel Carcillo for the Lady Byng?

I must have stumbled onto Bizarro World. Flyers fans speaking out AGAINST "thuggery"?!?! Their whole franchise has been based upon thuggery and goon-hockey. A Flyers fan speaking out against "thuggery" is like Nikki Sixx speaking out against tattoos.

Last edited:

Baz

Flyers 6 Habs 0... Just saying

:offtopic:

:lol:

While I'm here, the Penguins beat up on Montreal and chased Halak in game 1 of their series, too. That said, Philly couldn't have started any better than that. They made a statement, and Leighton seems solid. (Until he gets injured again, forcing the Flyers to sign Ron Hextall.)