People Are Dying in Nursing Homes - Why aren't They Being Closed Completely?

TPD

the poor dad
So people are dying in nursing homes from the sweet-n-sour sickness right here in St. Mary's County. Is Dr. Brewster from the Health Department threatening to close them down and move all patients to another location? I imagine no visitors are allowed in nursing homes and all staff are wearing masks to protect the patients, so why are patients still dying if masks work?

I just had a pic sent to me of the line at Walmart today - there is not 6' between the people standing in the two lines. There is actually only 7 and a half feet between the candy racks where the lines are. As of Sept 9th WalMart had not received an order to comply like myself and 6 other businesses in the county had. There were almost more people in those two lines in that picture than I have in my store in a 10hour period.

But Dr. Brewster has deemed Ridge Hardware an "unreasonable risk of exacerbating the spread of Covid" because 2 of my employees don't wear a mask, but limit exposure to customers and stand behind plexiglass at the register, so Ridge Hardware must close down, even though 3 of the 4 zip codes we serve have NOT recorded at least 8 cases to show up on the SMCHD map. And no one has died in my store from COVID!

These pictures are from August when they tried to close us the first time.

Day 1 - Saturday Morning - Me being served an order to comply.

Day 2 - Sunday Afternoon - Dr. Brewster in my store NOT observing the social distancing guidelines. I thought masks were NOT a substitute for distancing...

Day 3 - Monday Afternoon - Health Department employees and deputies inspecting my store for compliance. Apparently I am such a danger to society that it took TWO sheriff's deputies to come down to protect the health department employees. Is this a good use of the sheriff's office resources.

Wake up people and start fighting back!!!

Attachments

• walmart.jpg
    walmart.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 116

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Day 3 - Monday Afternoon - Health Department employees and deputies inspecting my store for compliance. Apparently I am such a danger to society that it took TWO sheriff's deputies to come down to protect the health department employees. Is this a good use of the sheriff's office resources.

Normal people tend to react violently to authoritarians

A Bar Owner in NY struck a cop with a car when they tried to grab him

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My big box employer is not doing a good job of complying, even though it's paid multi-thousand dollar fines at least twice (according to the scuttlebutt). But, the corporation posted records sales for the last quarter.

Reactions: TPD

PeoplesElbow

The reason it spreads so fast in nursing homes is because staff has to go room to room quickly, the quarters are tight and the people in nursing homes often can't help coughing and touching everything. Anything spreads fast in nursing homes. There is serious examination on how they operate now and things such as home care being more of an option will be the future.

Most nursing homes I've seen have people packed in tighter than a college dorm room.

The one my mom spent a single night in was the size of the smallest bedroom in her house and the bathroom was shared between two rooms and had no doors.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Where are you going to move them to? A nursing home in another county?

PeoplesElbow

I would venture to guess that Lowes gives them lip service, pays the fine and moves on vs being a butthole about it.

Sometimes it's easier to just shake your head yes and move on.

WheezyCarl

I attended a craft fair in Mechanicsville earlier today. 100's of people wandering around outside, some wearing masks, others not wearing masks (such as myself). Fast forward to the indoor tasting room (and the spirits were tasty), people shoulder to shoulder waiting in line for samples. No masks while drinking, for obvious reasons. Just my two pennies worth, that is all.

GregV814

attention tpd:

Tomorrow, 12/7/2020, will be another day that will live in infinity!! if you see an older galoot enter the premises with a handmade sign indicating an "appointed " SDW, social distance warrior, fear not. I have nothing to do, I'm old, hey, if I go to jail, I'll be released due to concerns for my CoVID vulnerability!!! I'll spray people with sanitizer, carry a 6' pole and hand out warning notices....

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
The reason it spreads so fast in nursing homes is because staff has to go room to room quickly, the quarters are tight and the people in nursing homes often can't help coughing and touching everything. Anything spreads fast in nursing homes. There is serious examination on how they operate now and things such as home care being more of an option will be the future.

Most nursing homes I've seen have people packed in tighter than a college dorm room.

The one my mom spent a single night in was the size of the smallest bedroom in her house and the bathroom was shared between two rooms and had no doors.
There have been a few cases where my dad lives, but in each case, the virus was brought in by staff.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

The main reason it spreads so fast in nursing homes? Is because those old folks don't get outside much, and that they are lacking in Vitamin D, nature's immune boosting hormone. To help your mother avoid getting the flu, have her take vitamin d supplement containing cholecalciferol, (D3). And/or to eat foods naturally high in vitamin d such as Salmon a fatty fish and great source of vitamin D. Herring and sardines. Cod liver oil. Cod liver oil is a popular supplement. Canned tuna. Eggs with the yolks. Mushrooms. This goes for anyone at any age that wants to maintain a healthy and strong immune system.

TPD

the poor dad
Are they closing you TPD? I tried to stop by earlier, but your parking lot was full and there was a big ass truck in MY parking spot. What's up with that?

YES we are open for business still! And Ladies Night is on and my executive food committee chairman said you are welcome to bring your special cookies if you would like.

That could have been my truck in your parking space - I was there from 1:30 to closing and someone had my space so I parked in your space since it was all shiny and clean.

sunshine98

> Fast forward to the indoor tasting room (and the spirits were tasty), people shoulder to shoulder waiting in line for samples. No masks while drinking, for obvious reasons.

That Peppermint Shine killed the virus before it had a chance to get airborne.

TPD

the poor dad
attention tpd:

Tomorrow, 12/7/2020, will be another day that will live in infinity!! if you see an older galoot enter the premises with a handmade sign indicating an "appointed " SDW, social distance warrior, fear not. I have nothing to do, I'm old, hey, if I go to jail, I'll be released due to concerns for my CoVID vulnerability!!! I'll spray people with sanitizer, carry a 6' pole and hand out warning notices....

I could hire you as my compliance officer - I like hiring old people - they may not always smell the best or hear what I tell them but by damn they are gonna be there every day at least one hour before we open.

TPD

the poor dad
Normal people tend to react violently to authoritarians

A Bar Owner in NY struck a cop with a car when they tried to grab him

I guess that was their fear - my big Ram 2500 is larger than the govt issued Ford Focus.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So people are dying in nursing homes from the sweet-n-sour sickness right here in St. Mary's County. Is Dr. Brewster from the Health Department threatening to close them down and move all patients to another location? I imagine no visitors are allowed in nursing homes and all staff are wearing masks to protect the patients, so why are patients still dying if masks work?

I just had a pic sent to me of the line at Walmart today - there is not 6' between the people standing in the two lines. There is actually only 7 and a half feet between the candy racks where the lines are. As of Sept 9th WalMart had not received an order to comply like myself and 6 other businesses in the county had. There were almost more people in those two lines in that picture than I have in my store in a 10hour period.

View attachment 153636

But Dr. Brewster has deemed Ridge Hardware an "unreasonable risk of exacerbating the spread of Covid" because 2 of my employees don't wear a mask, but limit exposure to customers and stand behind plexiglass at the register, so Ridge Hardware must close down, even though 3 of the 4 zip codes we serve have NOT recorded at least 8 cases to show up on the SMCHD map. And no one has died in my store from COVID!

These pictures are from August when they tried to close us the first time.

Day 1 - Saturday Morning - Me being served an order to comply.
View attachment 153631

Day 2 - Sunday Afternoon - Dr. Brewster in my store NOT observing the social distancing guidelines. I thought masks were NOT a substitute for distancing...
View attachment 153632

View attachment 153633
View attachment 153634

Wake up people and start fighting back!!!
I wonder what the names of these Bolshevik health department authoritarians are? I think that these fine folks, drunk on their authoritative powers, should be followed and videoed as much as possible when they are out and about to catch them without their masks on. Also, to visit said health department and set up a streaming video of every office to the cloud so that we the people can ensure that they are following the health protocols every second of every hour they are on the premises. Of course though, not to harass, instill fear, or ridicule them. Nope. That would be mean and probably frowned upon by those guys with the guns.

And after you get those names, as well those names of the deputies, make a sign to post at each register, and on each door to the store, saying that they are forbidden from ever being served if they come into your store. In addition, file no trespassing charges as well. Since every business has the right to deny service to anyone for any reason. Thinking those being tyrants fits the bill.

Also, file a lawsuit naming all agents of the Health Department and the County Commissioners, since they are in violation of the equal protection clause of the US Constitution as they are indiscriminately enforcing their tyrannical rules.

Reactions: TPD