People are noticing something odd about Kirsten Gillibrand’s apron in this photo

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

From the article:

Kirsten Gillibrand had a flurry of pots on the stove and steak, haddock, peas, steamed vegetables and rice on the menu.
She had a cable news appearance coming up in a few hours, but for now, her 10-year-old son entertained the family goldendoodle, Maple, a few feet away.
The New York senator was game to talk about motherhood, leadership, her policies and her pursuit of the nation’s highest office, she told a reporter. But first she needed to save dinner.
“I need to focus, because I’m about to burn the fish,” she said. “I’ve reached my point of capacity.”
You know, she’s just a working mom who, like working moms everywhere, prepares steak and fish for their kids most nights of the week.

Clem72

I couldn't get the article to load, but judging by what I can see I suspect it's the fold marks that mean this is likely a new apron (or at least one that hasn't been through many wash/dry cycles).

But whether or not she actually cooks gourmet meals for her family every night, I think most people would either buy a new apron or put on their nicest/cleanest one. Pretty sure all my apron's have the original creases because I get one as a gift every once in a great while, but basically never use them when cooking.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Real working mothers either throw something together or had the crockpot going all day. They don't come home and "whip up" a huge meal with something for everyone.

I'm worn out with these "politicians, they're just like you!" bullshit stories. The more the media tries to make these people common and relatable, the more I realize they are breathing the rarefied air and don't have a clue about everyday Americans. Why not just be what you are? Someone who doesn't know one end of the stove from the other because the live in cook feeds you while the Nanny raises your kids. Why pretend?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yet more cringe-worthy pandering.

But it seems to work.

Remember when George HW Bush bought socks at the Bon Ton in Frederick? It's like, yeah right, don't you have people who do that chit for you? "Sorry, peeps, gotta cut this Cabinet meeting short - I'm out of socks."

:rolleyes:

TCROW

Yeah, I know what you all mean. Like Huckabee-Sanders baking a pie but the one shown was a stock image.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And Michelle in Target, getting taken for an employee......

Because most Target shoppers are surrounded by cameras and Secret Service. I know I take mine with me wherever I go.

Yeah, I know what you all mean. Like Huckabee-Sanders baking a pie but the one shown was a stock image.

#1, you're mad that your girlfriend got busted out. #2, it's already been widely reported that SHS did indeed bake that pie. In fact, she made pies for the press corps. Guess your handlers didn't program you with that information, or maybe you lost it when they flashy thingied you.

glhs837

Power with Control

Oh, this pie? you should really vet your snarky comebacks.... seems the pie was real. And really hers.

Midnightrider

Is your google broken?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When they find themselves in a hole, they can't resist digging deeper.

Which is fascinating to me. I used to tell my son, "Stop. You are stone cold busted and anything you say from here on out that isn't 'I'm sorry, Mom' will add another day to your home detention." Even he, at the tender age of 16, got it. And yet here are adults just digging and digging.

Fascinating.