People are noticing something odd about Kirsten Gillibrand’s apron in this photo

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
See, your characterization of this as "The first Lady gardening in heels" was pretty poor. This wasn't meant to display the First Lady gardening. this was a press event, not some "Look at me, I'm a normal person gardening like normal people gardening".
Gardening aside... it is nice to have a first lady with some class again after the previous eight years.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
See, your characterization of this as "The first Lady gardening in heels" was pretty poor.

But if you search the intardwebz for "melania gardening in heels" you will find any number of stories from the progbot media proclaiming that exact thing. That it doesn't occur to the bots to actually read the story and realize it was just a photo op for a ceremony says a lot about them.

"Haw haw! Looka dat der Melanie Tump tryna plant a tree in fancy shoes!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And you know what? I even freaking GAVE them one - George Bush buying socks at Bon Ton. But noooo....they have to come back with Sarah's pie and Melania's stilettos.

Good grief.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, look, here's Michelle being inauthentic......

http://content.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1929822_1967039,00.html

But not really, this was a press event for the opening of the WH garden. Very different from the times she was in gardening clothes with the kids. So, lets do apples to apples on this one, okay? Press events are not places to find down home authenticity.

But note that not one single "news" outlet criticized her for "gardening" in a designer outfit and chic shoes.

That, my friends, is basic bias.

CPUSA

I thought our forum Mensas were referring to this one
She even makes gardening look glamorous

Midnightrider

See, your characterization of this as "The first Lady gardening in heels" was pretty poor. This wasn't meant to display the First Lady gardening. this was a press event, not some "Look at me, I'm a normal person gardening like normal people gardening".
It was no different than that photo op in the OP. The First Lady just put less effort into the part

Auntie Biache'

Why does anyone care about any of this? Maybe Gillybrand just bought the apron. I mean, women DO buy new aprons. I've been known to buy a few myself, they weren't all passed down from grandparents. Why does anyone care about any of these people doing photo-ops? They all do it. It's in their job descriptions.

glhs837

Power with Control
It was no different than that photo op in the OP. The First Lady just put less effort into the part

Be specific. If you mean that Melania taking part in a WH press event is the same as Sen Gillibrand inviting reporters into her house to watch her make an meal while discussing how hectic her life is, I'm pretty sure you are missing the point. Apple to apples. We don't believe that the image of Sen. Gillibrands evening mealtime portrayed by the article is representative, and so is a fraud. anymore than we think that Sen Warren actually randomly grabs a Michelob Ultra from the fridge and swill some down. As Vrai pointed out, Rs are violators of this also. It's stupid when any of them do it. But things done for press events like ceremonial plantings are not the same thing as showing the press that you jusssssst loooove whipping up some haddock and steaks for the kids. Or that you buy your socks just like Joe the Plumber does.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, looks about as natural as kristin with that fish......
Same:same

Except this was the First Lady doing her official duties, in this case using the power of her office to teach kids that gardening is good and that natural foods are good. In the White House Garden as part of an official event, not some personal event to increase her likeability ratings. Now, if the First Lady said somehting like "Oh, I garden every weekend, I love it to death", that would be BS. She's not pretending to a thing that isnt true.

Midnightrider

Except this was the First Lady doing her official duties, in this case using the power of her office to teach kids that gardening is good and that natural foods are good. In the White House Garden as part of an official event, not some personal event to increase her likeability ratings. Now, if the First Lady said somehting like "Oh, I garden every weekend, I love it to death", that would be BS. She's not pretending to a thing that isnt true.
Whatever justifications you need to tell yourself......

stgislander

PREMO Member

And now this thread is going at least 20 pages.