People Can’t Drive!

TPD

the poor dad

TPD

the poor dad

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
It rained pretty hard around here this morning. I was out and about running errands. Almost got hit twice. Lots of crappy drivers here when it rains. Not sure where they are all going in such a hurry.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Then there are the ones who are bombing along in the far right, or far left lane, and then suddenly remember they wanted to turn on the other side of the road, less than 100' from that turn.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yep drag racing from stop light to stop light..
Careful, there are drivers who literally drag racing on multi lane roads. Then there is not pussy footing around and moving when the light turns.
One reason we see so much backed up traffic is the light turns and the reaction time is rather slow, then they don't seem to even step on the gas.

But the easiest way to get a slow poke to move is to threaten to pass them. I'm talking about places were there are two lanes on one side of the light that require a merge on the other side. Like coming out of First Colony onto St. Andrews Church Rd. Pass someone who is barely moving and you see the front end come up as they hurry to prevent the merge.

I've got my own particular gripe with speeding and how / where it's enforced. Seems people are more worried about someone doing 60 on 235 (north of 4) than they are with bikes and hot rods opening up around the square in Leonardtown. The upside of the COVID restrictions was restaurants and bars creating outdoor areas. Rather nice to sit outside anyway in nice weather. Has that European town square feel. Nice unless Mr. Staight pipes has to rev his engine and drag race through the town.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Careful, there are drivers who literally drag racing on multi lane roads. Then there is not pussy footing around and moving when the light turns.
One reason we see so much backed up traffic is the light turns and the reaction time is rather slow, then they don't seem to even step on the gas.

But the easiest way to get a slow poke to move is to threaten to pass them. I'm talking about places were there are two lanes on one side of the light that require a merge on the other side. Like coming out of First Colony onto St. Andrews Church Rd. Pass someone who is barely moving and you see the front end come up as they hurry to prevent the merge.

I've got my own particular gripe with speeding and how / where it's enforced. Seems people are more worried about someone doing 60 on 235 (north of 4) than they are with bikes and hot rods opening up around the square in Leonardtown. The upside of the COVID restrictions was restaurants and bars creating outdoor areas. Rather nice to sit outside anyway in nice weather. Has that European town square feel. Nice unless Mr. Staight pipes has to rev his engine and drag race through the town.
Agree, and as much as I would hate to enforce a mandatory state vehicle inspection to force compliance of loud exhausts, I'm getting close to recommending that.

Grumpy

Careful, there are drivers who literally drag racing on multi lane roads.
Lately, I've seen more Dodge Hemi's wanting to drag race more than other cars. On Saturday coming back from St Mary's, had 3 different Hemi's pull up next to me on 235n reving their engines wanting to race. They zoom off when I don't engage.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Lately, I've seen more Dodge Hemi's wanting to drag race more than other cars. On Saturday coming back from St Mary's, had 3 different Hemi's pull up next to me on 235n reving their engines wanting to race. They zoom off when I don't engage.
Everyone tries that when I'm in the Slingshot, even ricers and EVs. They all think because it looks fast that I drive it that way.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Agree, and as much as I would hate to enforce a mandatory state vehicle inspection to force compliance of loud exhausts, I'm getting close to recommending that.
I see vehicles with all kinds of violations that MSP doesn't bother, I got pulled over for "dim" license plate lights.
Not like I planned to have my car age officer.
Yet tint, license plate covers, exhaust, you name it. BTW, they can hit up cars, but what about bikes.
Some of these azzhatz do the same stuff as cars - revving them up, drag racing - on residential streets.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member