Phase I, reopening ?

mitzi

If I may ...

Jesus H F^cking Christ. There is no pandemic! It is all a BS propaganda psyop. Where was everyone, the media, the experts, the "government", when there were over 80,000 deaths contributed to the seasonal flu in 2018? Wake the fu^k up people. Disobey the BS. Live and get on with your lives.

:blahblah:

Goldenhawk

I'm with her, the first question for any politician is how does this benefit me.
The second question is how does it benefit my political party.
Their intention is to get re-elected and payoff their friends.
They have institutionalized and legalized corruption.
A government employee would be fired and go to jail for a lot of the stuff they get away with.
I tend to look at people as basically good creatures with a moderate amount of self-interest mixed in. Especially scientists and doctors and medical researchers, who are not elected and have nothing to gain from giving bad news. Politicians, maybe some of them are as you describe, but I think most of them are not like you describe.

PeoplesElbow

I'm with her, the first question for any politician is how does this benefit me.
The second question is how does it benefit my political party.
Their intention is to get re-elected and payoff their friends.
They have institutionalized and legalized corruption.
A government employee would be fired and go to jail for a lot of the stuff they get away with.
I'm a bit in the middle, think if a politician dudnt do something and thousands died, their political career would be over. DeBlasio is to blame for NYCs mess, if you remember he left mass transit etc running until there was an oh crap moment. DeBlasio is done.

Hank

my war
If I may. Like a broken record. We get it. Right?
If I may ...

Jesus H F^cking Christ. There is no pandemic! It is all a BS propaganda psyop. Where was everyone, the media, the experts, the "government", when there were over 80,000 deaths contributed to the seasonal flu in 2018? Wake the fu^k up people. Disobey the BS. Live and get on with your lives.

Why do you even make the comparison of 80k in a year vs. 80k in a couple months? Do you Math?

stgislander

PREMO Member
From what I've been told today, they're all at WalMart. Can't even find a parking spot. Personally, I'd rather be in a lock down then spend my afternoon in a jammed pack WalMart. :lmao:
And those not at Walmart are at the park in Piney Point. Social distancing be damned. I was at a friend's house on the island this afternoon raking up pine straw. She told me a woman (cough... cough... Asian...cough) came walking down her driveway telling my friend she had four kids in her car and needed to go onto my friend's beach. The crazy has been pent up too long.

PeoplesElbow

And those not at Walmart are at the park in Piney Point. Social distancing be damned. I was at a friend's house on the island this afternoon raking up pine straw. She told me a woman (cough... cough... Asian...cough) came walking down her driveway telling my friend she had four kids in her car and needed to go onto my friend's beach. The crazy has been pent up too long.
Some random woman demanding to use someone's private beach? Seriously?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
From what I've been told today, they're all at WalMart. Can't even find a parking spot. Personally, I'd rather be in a lock down then spend my afternoon in a jammed pack WalMart. :lmao:
I talked to someone who works there, and they had to stop people from coming in at 2 points today. They went over capacity. No thank you!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Here are some interesting goings on I have been noticing lately.

The "numbers" will spike higher. We all know it will happen.

I've seen on my FB feed those who are "still staying in their homes" (fine by me) so they can keep their demographic safe or family members n that demographic safe. Some of them are ALSO making statements/requests of others NOT to come to their homes, because (while they love all their friends) THEY are "not open" for visitors even though the state of Maryland is partially opening. Also fine by me - I don't care what other do as long as it doesn't impact me.

What I have noticed about some of those people who are worried "about the numbers", and "worried about those not wearing masks" and those that are wagging their fingers at "how other people are going to this store or takeout meals at that place" is some of those same people have vacation/part time homes in a neighboring state! They're traveling there on the weekends. One friend and her family traveled to another part of Maryland to "socially distance" visit with their family at a park. Another friends' son just came down for the weekend from another neighboring state.

Those people are all traveling out of their areas. Out of their county to another county in the state OR out of the state a couple of hours away.

At some point, they need to go into a store, a gas station, or some other establishment during their time away. They're coming into contact with segments of society NOT FROM HERE.

Those people better keep their mouths shut when the numbers go up (which is going to happen at some point anyway) and they better not start wagging their fingers at others or start yappity yapping about the state needing to stay closed longer.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

If I may. Like a broken record. We get it. Right?
Why do you even make the comparison of 80k in a year vs. 80k in a couple months? Do you Math?
Why do you believe the numbers given by the media and government mouthpieces? Most likely, and in all likelihood, the "numbers" this year, related to the dreaded, "COVID-19", are equal to the regular seasonal flu numbers. Each, COVID-19, and the regular seasonal flu, being one in the same. Really JHFC! Did you and everyone else wake up yesterday? Are you and everyone wholly ignorant of past flu yearly deaths? FFS.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ....

Here are some interesting goings on I have been noticing lately.

The "numbers" will spike higher. We all know it will happen.

I've seen on my FB feed those who are "still staying in their homes" (fine by me) so they can keep their demographic safe or family members n that demographic safe. Some of them are ALSO making statements/requests of others NOT to come to their homes, because (while they love all their friends) THEY are "not open" for visitors even though the state of Maryland is partially opening. Also fine by me - I don't care what other do as long as it doesn't impact me.

What I have noticed about some of those people who are worried "about the numbers", and "worried about those not wearing masks" and those that are wagging their fingers at "how other people are going to this store or takeout meals at that place" is some of those same people have vacation/part time homes in a neighboring state! They're traveling there on the weekends. One friend and her family traveled to another part of Maryland to "socially distance" visit with their family at a park. Another friends' son just came down for the weekend from another neighboring state.

Those people are all traveling out of their areas. Out of their county to another county in the state OR out of the state a couple of hours away.

At some point, they need to go into a store, a gas station, or some other establishment during their time away. They're coming into contact with segments of society NOT FROM HERE.

Those people better keep their mouths shut when the numbers go up (which is going to happen at some point anyway) and they better not start wagging their fingers at others or start yappity yapping about the state needing to stay closed longer.
Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! [Not directed at you Bann] Where the f^ck was everyone, government, CDC, etc., included, when ten's of thousands were dying annually of the regular seasonal flu? When hundred's of thousands, in this Nation alone, were being hospitalized for "flu like" symptoms"? FFS.

The numbers? F^ck the, arbitrary numbers, they are worthless for any sort of comparison, or for logical thought. This is nothing but an annual flu. Happens every f^cking year. Just like business cycle? This, is an illness cycle. Following the seasonal changes relative to our latitudinal position on the planet. Everyone, please, get yourself educated to counter the f^cking B S scaremongering propaganda BS being feed to you every minute of every day.

Hank

my war
If I may ....

Aggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! [Not directed at you Bann] Where the f^ck was everyone, government, CDC, etc., included, when ten's of thousands were dying annually of the regular seasonal flu? When hundred's of thousands, in this Nation alone, were being hospitalized for "flu like" symptoms"? FFS.

The numbers? F^ck the, arbitrary numbers, they are worthless for any sort of comparison, or for logical thought. This is nothing but an annual flu. Happens every f^cking year. Just like business cycle? This, is an illness cycle. Following the seasonal changes relative to our latitudinal position on the planet. Everyone, please, get yourself educated to counter the f^cking B S scaremongering propaganda BS being feed to you every minute of every day.

You're mental.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, whatever. We had a lovely day out on the lake today and there were a bunch of other people out there enjoying it as well. And then we went to the float house for burgers and beer and there were a ton of people floating the river and enjoying themselves there too.So you all feel free to cocoon yourselves and social distance your asses off, not everybody wants to live like that.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Well, whatever. We had a lovely day out on the lake today and there were a bunch of other people out there enjoying it as well. And then we went to the float house for burgers and beer and there were a ton of people floating the river and enjoying themselves there too.So you all feel free to cocoon yourselves and social distance your asses off, not everybody wants to live like that.
:yay:

We don't have any places open for business in PF. Was able to get together with some neighors for a picnic and Yahtzee and enjoy our nice weather yesterday. I'll be venturing down Solomons way one day next week and check out the goings on.

GregV reported that you can walk on the Boardwalk in NorthBeach, but you can't sit on the benches. What good is that?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
I took LW out for a trip through SoMD Amish country searching for new outdoor furniture and tree shopping. We also played word search on the square in Leonardtown with a bunch of other parents of seniors.