Pics from today...Vence...NOT for the weak stomach

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
:smack: Vet still has her head doesn't she..
He got

Xylazine injection (for a local)
Two Iv tranq injections
Penicillin injection
bute injection (pain/swelling)

he gets 12 antibiotic tabs now 2 X day for 10 days
he gets a bute tab every morning for 3 days for swelling/pain
and I have to cold hose him (yep there) for 20 min 2 X day for up to 2 weeks

the CRUNCH was the worst..then we timed it for 4 min with clamped hard pressure for sealing the "tube" crush bleeds less then a cut..

Who is your vet?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Did she throw them over her shoulder for luck? :whistle: that what our vet did and I happened to be walking behind him when he did it.... :lmao::lmao:

She threw them on the barn roof...one rolled down and I picked it up bare handed and threw it back..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
All I can do is :roflmao:

:smack: Want something to laugh at...when she gave him the tranq and he "dropped" he shot a last wad on the stall floor..I was like WTF thats not pee she said no thats his last harrah...I never saw that befor I told :gossip: go get a sandwhich bag and scoop that up and save it..and Dr M kicked sawdust on it...wild..I have seen them drop over a tranq but not :gossip:

M

Mousebaby

:smack: Want something to laugh at...when she gave him the tranq and he "dropped" he shot a last wad on the stall floor..I was like WTF thats not pee she said no thats his last harrah...I never saw that befor I told :gossip: go get a sandwhich bag and scoop that up and save it..and Dr M kicked sawdust on it...wild..I have seen them drop over a tranq but not :gossip:

Ok, I just spit up a little in my mouth :barf:

Hubby wants to know if he has to wear an elizabethian collar the size of a trash can lid now? :popcorn:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

Ick about the goo on the floor.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
You aren't gonna hang them from your truck bumper? You could be the only person around with REAL doodads hanging from the hitch.:lmao:

4thegirls

Fine..thank you so much for asking..I was really worried about him being an older stallion and all...MUCH higher risk...I am checking on him every 1/2 hr..and sat with him for the first several hours...He is a little more active then we would like..he is to be calm for the first day then hosing 2 X day and lots of exercise after the first day..wish he would just chill..he is pacing and worried about the mares...typical stallion..again thanks for asking this has been as hard on me as him...well maybe..but when I heard that crunch and saw that nut fall I thought I was going to nod out with him...

Glad he is ok - now best wishes for his quick recovery! :buddies: