Pics from today...Vence...NOT for the weak stomach

ElliesMom

what a trooper to do it standing, boys got em, ummmm no he doesnt anymore.:whistle:

Those are great pics, I've never seen it done standing?? I have alwyas seen them laid out.

Oh and his last hurrah, too funny.

May I ask why standing? If you know.......

erinjograves

Hey Paso! Looks like Vence handled it very well. I am glad that he is doing well and you are doing ok as well!

"May I ask why standing? If you know......." I have never seen it done when the horse lays down. I have always seen it standing up. The first time I saw it done, it was standing up, and of course I asked why he was standing and the vet told me it was easier for her to get to them to cut them off standing up and that she wouldnt have to worry about him ripping something when they went to get him up. I think its just personal preference. I could be wrong.

Let us know how he's doing Paso!

Cowgirl

When my donkey got castrated, his "boys" got put in the fridge so I could take them to school. :dance:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

OMG that is too funny

Hey Paso! Looks like Vence handled it very well. I am glad that he is doing well and you are doing ok as well!

"May I ask why standing? If you know......." I have never seen it done when the horse lays down. I have always seen it standing up. The first time I saw it done, it was standing up, and of course I asked why he was standing and the vet told me it was easier for her to get to them to cut them off standing up and that she wouldnt have to worry about him ripping something when they went to get him up. I think its just personal preference. I could be wrong.

Yep what Erin said...when they stand that ummmph to get up can herniate them

Let us know how he's doing Paso!

Paso, let us know how he's doing today. Here's to a speedy uncomplicated recovery! :smile:

Seems fine this am some swelling..is not taking his meds in feed guess I have to put them in a tube and do him...she said worse swelling is the second week.. :yikes:

what a trooper to do it standing, boys got em, ummmm no he doesnt anymore.:whistle:

Those are great pics, I've never seen it done standing?? I have alwyas seen them laid out.

Oh and his last hurrah, too funny.

May I ask why standing? If you know.......

I

Inkpen

When my donkey got castrated, his "boys" got put in the fridge so I could take them to school. :dance:

Had my little man done back in 1980..he lived in the Eastern Shore and I was stationed at the Naval Acadamy..Naval Hospital. (Took photos too, but all packed away...)

Vet came out, gave him meds, he went down, nuts came off...he recovered nicely...nuts went into plastic bag, stuck them in communial freezer at barracks kitchen.

(My horse friend whos farm Smokey lived at suggested we keep them.. I have NO idea why...but we did....)

Had "Do not eat" sticker on bag....Property of..."
Two days later...nuts were stolen from freezer....

I put note up...The "Do Not Eat" bag had my horses nuts in them. Thanks..
Hope you enjoyed eating them....

Funny thing..no on ever stole food from our communial freezer again...and my horse buddy and I never found out who took ( ate ) them...:killingme

Cowgirl

Had my little man done back in 1980..he lived in the Eastern Shore and I was stationed at the Naval Acadamy..Naval Hospital. (Took photos too, but all packed away...)

Vet came out, gave him meds, he went down, nuts came off...he recovered nicely...nuts went into plastic bag, stuck them in communial freezer at barracks kitchen.

(My horse friend whos farm Smokey lived at suggested we keep them.. I have NO idea why...but we did....)

Had "Do not eat" sticker on bag....Property of..."
Two days later...nuts were stolen from freezer....

I put note up...The "Do Not Eat" bag had my horses nuts in them. Thanks..
Hope you enjoyed eating them....

Funny thing..no on ever stole food from our communial freezer again...and my horse buddy and I never found out who took ( ate ) them...:killingme

Hopefully they didn't eat them. I put mine (well, his) in a paper bag with "Do Not Open" on the front. The next day I heard my roomie (male) yell, "OMG what is that!?!!!!!" :roflmao: That's what he gets for being nosey...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
When we had LeRoy done a couple of years ago (he's WAAAY bigger then Vence!!!) he didn't recover nearly as quickly as the youngers boys did, and he swelled so big he walked like John Wayne. I thought he was gonna pop it was so big. Turns out RC wasn't hosing him right. You have to shove the hose all the way into the hole(s), until it won't go any further. Dr Jen Tacia is good at doing both from one incision, did Linda make two holes or one? (LeRoy needed two big holes)
Oh and RC wouldn't let me throw them onto the roof of the barn :lol: Boy watched, and i didn't tell him at first what we were going to do....then she started cutting, and when she crunched the crimpers, he doubled over and ran into the house, all pale and stuff :killingme

Good grief kids growing up on a farm learn a lot really soon. Little cowgirl saw one of our mares get a live cover last Monday (I like to make sure I see at least one breeding), so i don't know how many live covers she's seen with me, now. :rolleyes: She actually complained that she missed "the talk" last night at Oakville about "it" i said you know all about "it" and what "it" means, we breed horses, dogs and have free range chickens :lol: She just said "maaaaaaaaa"

Last edited:

SLIM

:yikes:I have never seen "it" done before, only heard about it.

:huggy::huggy::huggy: for Vence!
:huggy::huggy::huggy: for you too Paso and a great big:cheers: too!
I'll bet you'll be 'NEEDIN" one 'bout now

Can you give him something to calm him down for a few days? At least untill his stitches heal?
Good luck Paso, hope all goes well.:buddies:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
:yikes:I have never seen "it" done before, only heard about it.

:huggy::huggy::huggy: for Vence!
:huggy::huggy::huggy: for you too Paso and a great big:cheers: too!
I'll bet you'll be 'NEEDIN" one 'bout now

Can you give him something to calm him down for a few days? At least untill his stitches heal?
Good luck Paso, hope all goes well.:buddies:

NO stitches they are to heal from the inside out...we actually break the seal by hosing it 2 X day...after 20 hours which he has passed they want him to get all the excercise he can handle...even if I have to make him move..which I dont

SLIM

I feel for ya Paso!
You hang in there! I'm sure everything will be okay!
Keep us posted on Vences progress.
:huggy:

M

Mousebaby

How's Vence doing today? I hope not swelling too bad. I just shared the pics with my son, he almost fainted! :lmao:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
How's Vence doing today? I hope not swelling too bad. I just shared the pics with my son, he almost fainted! :lmao:

He seems ok...he is very good..he did not like standing outside in the washrack early this morning in the cold and getting his used to be nuts hosed for 15 minutes..He is so good never picks up a leg just cringes from the cold..thanks again for asking...Paso

M

Mousebaby

He seems ok...he is very good..he did not like standing outside in the washrack early this morning in the cold and getting his used to be nuts hosed for 15 minutes..He is so good never picks up a leg just cringes from the cold..thanks again for asking...Paso

Aaawww poor guy! I feel so bad for him. I hope its over quick! :huggy: for Vence.

covekat

The cold hose is no fun when it's cold outside... I will check the weather, and make sure it's not going to be freezing before we geld.... at least the afternoons are warming up now!

Stay warm and dry!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
The cold hose is no fun when it's cold outside... I will check the weather, and make sure it's not going to be freezing before we geld.... at least the afternoons are warming up now!

Stay warm and dry!

Lots of swelling today :frown: he is 10 and very studly so I expected it to be a little rough

T

TwilightImaging

I need some zanax (sp) brave, very brave...I hope he recovers...for now I'll just be "sitting" down for awhile...ugh.