Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

Robin

Miracles never cease to amaze me.

After numerous times trying to contact the pitbull owner, imagine my surprise when she FINALLY called today and offered to pay the vet bills. :faint:

Lucky her too. I've been to the court house twice now to file the small claims claim. The first time, I didn't realize I had to have two copies of everything. My paperwork is about 60 pages total. They would make copies for me, at .50 cents for each copy. Nah. So I go back the second time, only to find out I can't pay the 60.00 filing fees by cash, you have to use a personal check. WTF? County government does not accept cash. :jameo: Today was supposed to be my third trip. I was going to leave work an hour early to head back to Leonardtown for the third time. Third time is the charm, right? Nope, had to work late and they closed before I got there. :tantrum:

The look on her face was priceless when I told her how many trips I've made to Leonardtown already though, so it was worth every trip.

The best news is, my dog is almost healed now. She still has one open laceration that is still healing and draining, but it looks good and appears it will heal on its own! :yahoo: And low and behold, the pit owner even said she was sorry it happened again, and was glad it wasn't one of the little dogs or my daughter that was attacked! Yep, miracles never cease to amaze me.

Now I get to go to her bank at 9 am tomorrow and see if the check clears her bank. Is it asking too much for a third miracle? :popcorn:

That is wonderful news. Did she pay the whole vet bill? Maybe she had time to think about it and miracles can and do happen.:buddies:

Glad pup is mending. Sorry she had to go through this.

dachsom

UPDATE on dog bite

I can tell you from experience that if the dog was on your property, you will win the law suit. The judge will say that if the dog didn't come onto your property then the incident wouldn't have happened in the first place. Good Luck.

Looks like we have a settlement without going to court. Lawyer advised against it because the defendant is a "professional witness" (ex-cop). The insurance company only wanted to give me 2 wks pain and suffering. At 4 weeks, my hand was still infected and swollen with limited use. Anyway, I will be glad when this is over. Even though no money came out of their pocket per se, their homeowners insurance premium skyrocketed.:evil:

Maybe now they will keep their dog on a leash but so far this hasn't happened and AC still won't do anything about it.

SoMDGirl42

UPDATE :frown:

RIP Marble

She was a tough girl to survive two pit bull attacks, but unfortunately she couldn't survive a ruptured mass on her spleen. She passed away peacefully on Friday March 13, 2010. :bawl:

Thank you St. Mary's VCA and especially Dr. Meadows for your compassion and excellent care you extended to our pet family.

You were a great dog with a big heart. You will be missed.

Attachments

• Marble 1.jpg
    Marble 1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 152
  • Marble 2.jpg
    Marble 2.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 137
  • Marble 3.jpg
    Marble 3.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 147

deino2002

~LEGS FOR DAYS~
RIP Marble

She was a tough girl to survive two pit bull attacks, but unfortunately she couldn't survive a ruptured mass on her spleen. She passed away peacefully on Friday March 13, 2010. :bawl:

Thank you St. Mary's VCA and especially Dr. Meadows for your compassion and excellent care you extended to our pet family.

:bawl: So sorry for your loss :huggy:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
RIP Marble

:huggy:

Jameo

What?!
RIP Marble

:huggy: