Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

angel2202003

So what did the witch have to say about the vet bills. Is she going to pay?Or will you have to go through with the law suit? Either way she WILL pay. Sorry for your pup. Hope she feels better really soon. Hugs an kisses to you both.

SoMDGirl42

So what did the witch have to say about the vet bills. Is she going to pay?Or will you have to go through with the law suit? Either way she WILL pay. Sorry for your pup. Hope she feels better really soon. Hugs an kisses to you both.

According to her, I need to give her copies of all the vet bills to date, and even though the dog hasn't been released from the vet yet, she said she will only pay the bills up to today and after that she won't pay anymore follow up vet bills. In my letter I told her she had until 5-9-09 to pay me by cash, money order or certified bank check for the bills to date and I would inform her of any further charges as they occur. Mind you, she called me last night, which was 2 days past my cut off, and said she thinks paying by money order or certified bank check is crazy and she'll be paying with her personal check :lmao: And she thinks she's not crazy???? :jameo: You would have to hear this message for yourself.

ummmm, what to do, what to do? :coffee:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Wow. Glad the dog is no longer a threat, although the dog had to suffer due to the owner's irresponsibility.

Cowgirl

According to her, I need to give her copies of all the vet bills to date, and even though the dog hasn't been released from the vet yet, she said she will only pay the bills up to today and after that she won't pay anymore follow up vet bills. In my letter I told her she had until 5-9-09 to pay me by cash, money order or certified bank check for the bills to date and I would inform her of any further charges as they occur. Mind you, she called me last night, which was 2 days past my cut off, and said she thinks paying by money order or certified bank check is crazy and she'll be paying with her personal check :lmao: And she thinks she's not crazy???? :jameo: You would have to hear this message for yourself.

ummmm, what to do, what to do? :coffee:

Some people are ridiculous. I'd leave her a voicemail saying, "see you in court!"

SoMDGirl42

So who made the call to euthanize the pit?

It was the recommendation from Animal control, the County Attorney, and the Director of Public Safety to put the dog to sleep. I believe the owner finally consented when they had their meeting. Since she consented to euthanize, she was not issued the fines they would have imposed on her. I guess it was kinda like a plea deal. Had she not consented, she would have been fined big (over $1,000 for the one fine, plus several others) and they would have gone to court for a judges consent to destroy the dog anyway.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It was the recommendation from Animal control, the County Attorney, and the Director of Public Safety to put the dog to sleep. I believe the owner finally consented when they had their meeting. Since she consented to euthanize, she was not issued the fines they would have imposed on her. I guess it was kinda like a plea deal. Had she not consented, she would have been fined big (over $1,000 for the one fine, plus several others) and they would have gone to court for a judges consent to destroy the dog anyway.

And there you have it. Poor dog.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
:confused: So are you saying you disagree with putting the dog down?

I think she was saying the owner clearly didn't give a rat's patoot about the dog.

I don't know. I've owned dog aggressive dogs before, never a problem with a human but my dogs were never allowed to run. I think it's a damn shame that the woman allowed her dog to run, that your dog was attacked while chained in your yard, and that the agressive dog was killed. I think the whole situation is unfortunate and very sad.

SoMDGirl42

I don't know. I've owned dog aggressive dogs before, never a problem with a human but my dogs were never allowed to run. I think it's a damn shame that the woman allowed her dog to run, that your dog was attacked while chained in your yard, and that the agressive dog was killed. I think the whole situation is unfortunate and very sad.

She has another pit. It'd be wonderful if you could give it a good home :whistle:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
She has another pit. It'd be wonderful if you could give it a good home :whistle:

I don't have a problem with pits. You're missing the point and this thread is way too long and I'm not interested in arguing.

I said the WHOLE situation was unfortunate but the problem was created by the owner. Most problems with ANY dog are owner driven and, yes, I feel bad for the dog that was killed.

SoMDGirl42

I don't have a problem with pits. You're missing the point and this thread is way too long and I'm not interested in arguing.

I said the WHOLE situation was unfortunate but the problem was created by the owner. Most problems with ANY dog are owner driven and, yes, I feel bad for the dog that was killed.

My biggest problem was the owner, and yes, I too am sorry that this owner was irresponsible.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Wow..

Glad the dog was put down. She must be in a fanatasy world if she thinks that she only needs to pay the vet bills up to the certain point.

lisa8439

I'm glad the dog was put down too. It's unfortunate since it does sound like it is the fault of the owner, but that is the harsh reality sometimes.

UM, no way in %$&@ would I take a personal check from her!!!

Then you'll just have TWO things to take her to court for :killingme Doubtful that would clear - or she would have just ponied up and done the right thing in the first place. If she DOES have the $$ in the bank, she can walk right in and get a money order after withdrawing it.

I just hope this wakes her up a bit and she takes better care to keep her other dog out of people's yards. If not then it's obvious she doesn't care about the dogs and that is really sad.

SoMDGirl42

Miracles never cease to amaze me.

After numerous times trying to contact the pitbull owner, imagine my surprise when she FINALLY called today and offered to pay the vet bills. :faint:

Lucky her too. I've been to the court house twice now to file the small claims claim. The first time, I didn't realize I had to have two copies of everything. My paperwork is about 60 pages total. They would make copies for me, at .50 cents for each copy. Nah. So I go back the second time, only to find out I can't pay the 60.00 filing fees by cash, you have to use a personal check. WTF? County government does not accept cash. :jameo: Today was supposed to be my third trip. I was going to leave work an hour early to head back to Leonardtown for the third time. Third time is the charm, right? Nope, had to work late and they closed before I got there. :tantrum:

The look on her face was priceless when I told her how many trips I've made to Leonardtown already though, so it was worth every trip.

The best news is, my dog is almost healed now. She still has one open laceration that is still healing and draining, but it looks good and appears it will heal on its own! :yahoo: And low and behold, the pit owner even said she was sorry it happened again, and was glad it wasn't one of the little dogs or my daughter that was attacked! Yep, miracles never cease to amaze me.

Now I get to go to her bank at 9 am tomorrow and see if the check clears her bank. Is it asking too much for a third miracle? :popcorn: