Pit Bull Attack!!!!!!

Hoover

You cant shoot the dog unless you FEAR for your life. Go through the protocol of contacting the animal control and file the paperwork. Do it the right way and be the better person. We went through this 5 times with our dog and it helped with the issues. Camily can help you also she has the power of knowledge in this area. Plus I wouldnt shoot the dog, I would shoot the owners of the dog first. The dog is only acting on instinct the owners are acting on stupidity.

Lexib_

Blah.. Blah...Blah
sadly... yes indeed..... If I'm not the idiot then who is ? :popcorn: Seriously if calling me names makes you feel better have at it. Just stating my opinion. People have been sued and won for dumber things then this.

Your siggy says it all.

Why must we be surrounded by friggin idiots? :cds:

SoMDGirl42

sadly... yes indeed..... If I'm not the idiot then who is ? :popcorn: Seriously if calling me names makes you feel better have at it. Just stating my opinion. People have been sued and won for dumber things then this.

You Miss Lexi may have misunderstood. I do not think I called YOU any names. :razz:

donbarzini

On further thought, I have a big yard and it always annoys me when kids cut through the yard, or other people put signs in the yard, and when people think that big arse yard mows itself and walks their dogs through like it's a park.

This thread has enlightened me. I'm going to shoot them all. Dogs, children, adults, everybody and everything. Afterall, they come into my yard. They could be a danger to me in the future. Does anybody know a gravel pit I can use?

Give me their names, shoe sizes, the nearest building supply store and the nearest body of water, and my um.............associates...........yeah!, will take care of your problem.

refugee44

And please don't make it out that you even care about this unless you work for AC and can't take the heat

Wow, you're really good at jumping to conclusions and making assumptions. No I don't work for AC, but I know some people who do. My point is, even if you didn't see it, you were pointing and wagging your finger at AC... go back and read YOUR words!

"little bit of heat on them to finally get it right this time."--this implies that they get wrong, most of the time, this time, all the time... your words!

"Animal control may not take much notice to one voice"-- again, you imply they don't listen to individuals, one voice doesn't matter, we must gang up on them!

Step back, babe, cause you're colors are showing.

SoMDGirl42

Wow, you're really good at jumping to conclusions and making assumptions. No I don't work for AC, but I know some people who do. My point is, even if you didn't see it, you were pointing and wagging your finger at AC... go back and read YOUR words!

"little bit of heat on them to finally get it right this time."--this implies that they get wrong, most of the time, this time, all the time... your words!

"Animal control may not take much notice to one voice"-- again, you imply they don't listen to individuals, one voice doesn't matter, we must gang up on them!

Step back, babe, cause you're colors are showing.

In defense of AC, I too know several of the folks that work there, I consider them good friends and good people. In many cases their hands are tied. Sometimes it does take more than one voice, and maybe even more than one government agency to get involved. I don't think anyone was pointing a finger at anyone in AC personnally, it's just the red tape and rules of engagement they must follow that we don't always agree on.

Crashpupty

havoc is havoc
In defense of AC, I too know several of the folks that work there, I consider them good friends and good people. In many cases their hands are tied. Sometimes it does take more than one voice, and maybe even more than one government agency to get involved. I don't think anyone was pointing a finger at anyone in AC personnally, it's just the red tape and rules of engagement they must follow that we don't always agree on.

I know this, I did not mean to put down AC, but only looking at how we the people can somehow break the red tape and empower these public servants to be able to have a budget and the ability to do the jobs they so most want to do. I respect what they do and know that budget and policy get in the way. The more calls and more demands are tools that are, or should be, used to try and beef up the budget and resources available for them to do their jobs. That's all I was tring to say, I quess it came out wrong.

SoMDGirl42

Marble continues to mend, though it is a long tedious process. She still has some very large open wounds that have not closed to date. She'll return to the vet later this week to see where we go from here. I don't know if they'll choose to stitch the wounds closed, or allow them to heal from the inside out. She is still on two antibiotics to prevent infection. Now we have the power poos from the antibiotics. She is on rice, hamburger and pumpkin to try to aleviate some of the bowel problems.

Update on the pitbull. The dog was destroyed yesterday. I was asked before would that make me happy. To answer the question, no it doesn't make me "happy". This was a dangerous and vicious dog and I feel putting the dog down was the right thing to do, but I'm not happy. I am relieved that THIS dog won't attack my animals or children, she does still own another pit that she has said is people aggressive that I will continue to worry about. It's sad that these dogs have an irresponsible owner that is willing to take a chance on these dogs killing other animals or people.

I do apprieciate all the support I received from most of the forumites here. It gave me the chance to vent and I needed that.

SoMDGirl42

BTW, I did finally hear from the dog owner after she received my certified letter from the PO. (She waited until she saw me leave last night and left the message on my voicemail :lmao:)

Anyone care to guess what she had to say? :whistle:

Christy

b*tch rocket
Update on the pitbull. The dog was destroyed yesterday.

I'm glad you don't have to worry about that dog anymore. It is kind of a shame that the dog had to suffer the consequences of his owner being irresponsible. I wonder how long it will be before she has to have the other dog put down? Are you still going to take her to court in order to get compensation for the vet bills? I would. It might make her think twice about controlling her animals.