Plan B

PsyOps

Pixelated
Back in Aug '06 the FDA approved OTC 'morning after pill' for women 18 and older. Now our wonderful mommy and daddy - the government - has approved OTC Plan-B pill for GIRLS 15 years and older without requiring any approval or even knowledge of the parents. Parents, you are no longer required to be involved in the decisions of your little GIRL. The government has it all under control.

FDA approves 'morning-after pill' for women 15 and up - The Hill's Healthwatch

The Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday that the contraceptive known as Plan B should be available without a prescription for all women 15 and older.

Cold medicines were moved behind the counter because our government doesn't trust that you - A CONSENTING ADULT - wont use it to make meth. Yet a 15 year is trusted to buy a pill that essentially causes an abortion. That same 15 year isn't allowed to take an aspirin to school, but she can buy a pill that alters her hormones and can cause all sorts of side effects. Parents, you don't matter in these very minor decisions of your child. Having sex. The government is going to make sure your children make the best decisions.

We get the government we deserve.

Last edited:

ZARA

Plan B information.
Plan B One-Step® (levonorgestrel): Home
Plan B One-Step® (levonorgestrel) is intended to prevent pregnancy after known or suspected contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse.

IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATIONPlan B One-Step® is not effective in terminating an existing pregnancy. Do not use Plan B One-Step® if you are already pregnant because it will not work.

---------------------------
http://www.planbonestep.com/pdf/PlanBOneStepFullProductInformation.pdf
5.2 Existing Pregnancy
Plan B One-Step is not effective in terminating an existing pregnancy.

--------------------------
Plan B (Morning-After Pill): Effectiveness and Side Effects
How Does Plan B or Plan B One-Step Work?
Depending upon where you are in your cycle, Plan B or Plan B One-Step may work in one of these ways:

It may prevent or delay ovulation.
It may interfere with fertilization of an egg.
It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining.

Plan B or Plan B One-Step is not the same as RU-486, which is an abortion pill. It does not cause a miscarriage or abortion. In other words, it does not stop development of a fetus once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. So it will not work if you are already pregnant when you take it.

How Effective Is Plan B or Plan B One-Step?
Plan B or Plan B One-Step is more effective than emergency contraceptive pills (ECPs) that contain both estrogen and progestin.

If you take it within 72 hours after you've had unprotected sex, Plan B One-Step can reduce the risk of pregnancy by up to 89%. If you take Plan B One-Step within 24 hours, it is about 95% effective.

But you should know that Plan B or Plan B One-Step is not as effective as regular contraception. So don't take it as your main form of birth control. And, it does not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases. Think of it as a backup -- not for routine use. That's why it's called Plan B.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I'm not an expert, but how do these statements align with each other?

"It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining."

"Plan B or Plan B One-Step is not the same as RU-486, which is an abortion pill. It does not cause a miscarriage or abortion. In other words, it does not stop development of a fetus once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. So it will not work if you are already pregnant when you take it."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Parents, you don't matter in these very minor decisions of your child.

They didn't matter before, which is why this pill was approved to try and keep little Dip####ica from spawning.

Follow me, here:

If parents wanted to actually parent and keep tabs on their teenagers, they would have a relationship such that morning-after pills wouldn't even play a role. Or at least the parent would know about it, in the event of their daughter's unintentional pregnancy.

This pill is for adult women, but also for teens whose parents do not give a damn for whatever reason. I see it as the government isn't taking over for the parents; it is stepping in where the lazy parent doesn't want to be bothered.

They didn't matter before, which is why this pill was approved to try and keep little Dip####ica from spawning.

Follow me, here:

If parents wanted to actually parent and keep tabs on their teenagers, they would have a relationship such that morning-after pills wouldn't even play a role. Or at least the parent would know about it, in the event of their daughter's unintentional pregnancy.

This pill is for adult women, but also for teens whose parents do not give a damn for whatever reason. I see it as the government isn't taking over for the parents; it is stepping in where the lazy parent doesn't want to be bothered.

Well said! You can't blame the Plan-B pill for a teen needing to take the pill.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Follow me, here:

I am an adult (51 years old) and can’t be trusted to buy cold medicine for fear I might want to make meth.

I am an adult and can’t be trusted to give my own daughter a Midol to take to school when she is suffering horrible cramps or an aspirin for a headache.

I am a law-abiding adult and can’t be trusted to handle a firearm of a certain type or holds more than 10 rounds of ammo.

We can't be trusted to buy 32 oz sodas.

We can't be trusted that we can smoke in a responsible manner.

But this same adult has no say over whether my own child buys a drug that is more dangerous than BC pills (which requires a presciption), Midol, aspirin or any other kid of OTC medication?

You want to provide this stuff OTC to 18 and over I'm good with that. If adults want to pump themselves full of pills to remove any form of responsibility from their mistakes, go for it. I find no rationale for 15 year olds. They are not equipped, mentally, to rationally dose themselves with this stuff. Someone is still completely responsible for that 15 year old and when it all blows up in their face, when something goes wrong, it wont be the government there to help them, it will be the parent; who was sidestepped through this terrible decision.

pelers

I find no rationale for 15 year olds. They are not equipped, mentally, to rationally dose themselves with this stuff. Someone is still completely responsible for that 15 year old and when it all blows up in their face, when something goes wrong, it wont be the government there to help them, it will be the parent; who was sidestepped through this terrible decision.

But like Vrai and Kwillia said, if you are a responsible parent and actually have a relationship with your child they won't be sidestepping you to get this pill.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well said! You can't blame the Plan-B pill for a teen needing to take the pill.

What? Who’s blaming the pill? I’m blaming the government for removing the parent from the decision of a CHILD; THEIR CHILD. No child should be allowed to buy such drugs without consent of the parent. Do we even need parents anymore if the government is just going to send the message to kids that they have autonomy to buy something that can be really harmful to them? Why don't we just move the age of consent to 15. And while we're at it 15 years should be allowed to buy alcohol, tobacco, join the military, and get a driver’s license. Why not? If they can make such important decisions something as serious as sex, getting pregnant, and avoiding getting pregnant without involvement of the parent why not all these other things? Hell, let's just change it to 12 because know kids are becoming sexually active at that age.

PsyOps

Pixelated
But like Vrai and Kwillia said, if you are a responsible parent and actually have a relationship with your child they won't be sidestepping you to get this pill.

Okay, then if I'm a responsible parent I should be able to keep my kid from drinking. Let's allow 15 year olds to buy alcohol and cigarettes. And when pot becomes legal, that too. I can come up with a plethora of drugs and controlled substances that we can go ahead and allow 15 year olds to buy OTC without consent. Let's allow it all. Anything goes.

And perhaps you can explain to me why this same government, that's allowing 15 year olds to buy the morning after pill, is the same government that wont allow me - a seasoned adult - to buy cold medicine without showing all sorts of ID and be placed in a database? Or why is the BC pill require a prescription and that same 15 year old requires a parent's consent to get it?

Last edited:

ZARA

"It is also possible that this type of emergency birth control prevents implantation of a fertilized egg in the uterus by altering its lining."

"Plan B or Plan B One-Step is not the same as RU-486, which is an abortion pill. It does not cause a miscarriage or abortion. In other words, it does not stop development of a fetus once the fertilized egg implants in the uterus. So it will not work if you are already pregnant when you take it."

A fertilized egg does not make a woman pregnant. The egg has to travel to the uterus and then attach itself to the uterine wall and that is when pregnancy begins.

HowStuffWorks "Reproductive Cycles"

protectmd

The same people who believe that this pill shouldn't be sold also complain that their tax money goes to pay for unwanted pregnancies. People think abstinence should be taught and that it works. Statistics show that pregnancies went up in abstinence only education environments whereas when condoms and birth control were also taught it went down. Kids are having sex in school nowadays. It's not the 1950's leave it to beaver lifestyle that parents wish it was. Even the conservative politician republican households are finding out their kids are gay and getting abortions on other states, but lie to the voters to protect their "image."

Even their conservative police and prosecutors rarely charge those who get pregnant underage or their sperm donors. The parents don't catch a neglect charge either for letting their teens run wild. There is no accountability for actions from any of the parties involved. The taxpayer is left to pick up the bill on the love children. I'm tired of the taxpayer picking up the bill. I'm not pro abortion but I am pro birth control. Sadly, there is still the households out there where the mom is trying to get their kid on birth control yet hide it from dad at the same time. Sadly for kids where the parents are of no assistance in getting on birth control, this might be that last ditch effort to keep from getting pregnant.

If your shocked that this product is offered to 15 year olds, don't be. Turn on a Maury show to see how America really is. Go turn on a radio and listen to the teen pop sexually charged lyrics or the filth that's spewed in some rap songs about how they are going to smash your daughter, and have some welfare babies. Don't be shocked if the 15 year olds are buying this product for the 14 or 13 year olds, it's America in 2013. So for those kids who are trying to be responsible about their sexual decisions, and using this product, I would like to thank you. I'm glad that's one less tax dollar that's going to pay for a public assistance child, a child in foster care, a child that grows up raised improperly.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But this same adult has no say over whether my own child buys a drug

You certainly have a say - and what you say is "no". Why should the government have to say "no" for you?

On one hand you say you don't want Uncle Sugar parenting your child; then on the other hand you want him to prevent your child from taking an abortion pill. Which is it?

musiclady

You aren't pregnant until the fertilized eggs gets implanted. Miscarriage is losing an egg that already attached to the uterus. So this pill prevents it from attaching. That's why it's not an abortion. Abortion is getting rid of the implanted fetus.

Think of it like this. Someone who wants kids tries invitro fertilization. The egg is fertilized in a dish. But they aren't pregnant until that egg successfully implants. Many don't. This gets rid of the egg before it can become a fetus.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If your shocked that this product is offered to 15 year olds, don't be. Turn on a Maury show to see how America really is.

:yay: I mean, do we really want these girls popping out more dumbasses like them? How many dumbasses do we really need in this country?

Hell, I'd make it available for 10 year olds.

NextJen

Raisin cane
You aren't pregnant until the fertilized eggs gets implanted. Miscarriage is losing an egg that already attached to the uterus. So this pill prevents it from attaching. That's why it's not an abortion. Abortion is getting rid of the implanted fetus.

Think of it like this. Someone who wants kids tries invitro fertilization. The egg is fertilized in a dish. But they aren't pregnant until that egg successfully implants. Many don't. This gets rid of the egg before it can become a fetus.

Thanks, I appreciate the responses. I did a little researching on it in the meantime. I guess my thought is that it comes down to the age old question that debates when a pregnancy actually starts, at fertilization or at implantation in the uterus? Seems like most agree (scientifically) that pregnancy doesn't actually start until the fertilized egg is implanted in the wall of the uterus.

MMM_donuts

Just so we're clear, while many people consider the joining of an egg and a sperm a pregnancy, the medical definition of pregnancy isn't until the egg successfully implants in the uterus.

All hormonal birth controls use this method of creating an inhospitable uterine environment as a back up to their primary method. In fact, many birth control pills can also be used as a form of morning after pill.

Midnightrider

You certainly have a say - and what you say is "no". Why should the government have to say "no" for you?

On one hand you say you don't want Uncle Sugar parenting your child; then on the other hand you want him to prevent your child from taking an abortion pill. Which is it?

wants the nanny state to stop nannying by nannying some more.

MMM_donuts

What? Who’s blaming the pill? I’m blaming the government for removing the parent from the decision of a CHILD; THEIR CHILD. No child should be allowed to buy such drugs without consent of the parent. Do we even need parents anymore if the government is just going to send the message to kids that they have autonomy to buy something that can be really harmful to them? Why don't we just move the age of consent to 15. And while we're at it 15 years should be allowed to buy alcohol, tobacco, join the military, and get a driver’s license. Why not? If they can make such important decisions something as serious as sex, getting pregnant, and avoiding getting pregnant without involvement of the parent why not all these other things? Hell, let's just change it to 12 because know kids are becoming sexually active at that age.

I think this is mostly reactive. Like, maybe parents aren't taking control of this therefore malformed, unhealthy babies are being born to teenagers whose bodies weren't properly nourished to support pregnancy, or they were seeking abortions, or welfare numbers are increasing dramatically and this is a way to intervene and reduce the problem.

Just because it isn't the ideal option doesn't mean it doesn't contain some value.