Plate scanners.......a step too far....?

DannyMotorcycle

The warning that dispatchers give officers comes from criminal histories, or other contacts with the police where people have been arrested. There are NO warnings from dispatchers in reference to guns unless the information comes from official reports, not decals.
You really need to stop basing your knowledge on things you read on public forums.

Despite the 2nd amendment, people can be charged with CPWOL.. Now a nonviolent non criminal citizen gets treated differently, and illegally, by some dickhead cop.
I dont' think cops are dickheads. I think some dickheads are cops. My rights have personally been violated by dickhead cops on more than one occasion. I still like the police because I know they help keep the weaker in society safer and protected against the human monsters of society.

I am against the government cataloging some of our movement now, which will be most or all of our movement later. I'm against insurance requirements, drivers licenses, and car registrations too. If you pose a danger you should be apprehended. If you're not posing a danger, you shouldn't have to give the gov't money and time and prove to them that you can do anything first. Should i be able to grab 5 friends, 500 friends, 5000 friends or 50 million friends and say HEY! We're your gov'tment, this is our jurisdiction. We just put a new sidewalk around of your house and you have to pay us $50k to use it (crossing it)! That is what gov't is doing figuratively.

I appreciate police officers but i think it's hypocritical for them to issue tickets for the same actions that they have done when off duty. If you've never run a red light OK, if you've never violated the speeding law i'm ok if you isuse those tickets.. but if you have.. you're being hypocritical and that's not right.

While i'm just pointing that out, I want to be clear that I really do support the police in general (and not hte gov't) . There are evil people in this world and there are the police who remove them from society, protecting the weaker future potential victims. These officers risk their own lives, but also their relations to their families. They're risking thier children not having future protection, love, guidance from them. They're risking altering the outcomes of their bloodlines.. Say a cop dies, his daughter becomes a druggie, she has a mentally impaired crackbaby.. etc. Officers are risking more than most people think about much less appreciate. So i'm definitely appreciative of police officers.. but there are still plenty of idiotic ones out there who do not undertand human rights and civil rights as much as they need to. Officers should understand the second amendment and a persons human right to self defense against deadly attack and be able to be armed to defend themselves. Gun laws against non criminals are immoral and against human rights, as recognized in the 2nd amendment. I hope you've never stolen anyone's time and freedom which you can't give back, to enforce an unconstitutional gun law against carrying a weapon.

DannyMotorcycle

I want to add to this discussion not only am i against the gov't tracking our moves, I'm against cars having license plates and registrations.
Would you want the gov't implanting a chip in you? A barcode on your forehead? Well it's the same thing. It's so the gov't can identify
you at whim without your consent. If you see a person actually endanger someone the police should then go apprehend the person.
Saying everyone should identify themselves for the govt's benefit in apprehending criminals is stupid. You don't believe the gestapo should be able to stop you and demand your papers/ID if you're not commiting a crime or violating anyone's rights.. Is it any better fi they walk along side you while your on your daily routine? No. What's the difference between holding up your ID in public or having it on your car? Either way the gov't gets to observe you and identify you even though you didn't commit a crime.

Also you shoudln't be forced to have insurance. if you cause an accident you should be able to pay out of pocket and if you can't then you go to prison. Gov't should not force you to purchase an insurance product and be our masters. If you understand you shoudlnt' be forced to buy insurance with obamacare why dont' you understand you shouldn't be forced to purchase an auto insurance plan? Or maybe you should just be forced to buy an unbrella policy eh? who knows you might drop a nail on the ground and puncture someone's foot.. or maybe your kid might kick a ball into the street causing a traffic accident that's your responsibility so you need to have insurance for that right!

As mr Franklin said, those who trade freedom for security deserve neither.

While i'm going off on our unconsented public servants being our public masters, I would like to say thanks for drug prohibition. it's brought us more crime and death of innocent people, citizens and officers, as it has alcohol prohibition. Sarcastically of course i'm sayig thanks. Would it really be so bad if the stupider of society offed themselves on drugs? or doped themselves up doing manual labor all day instead of having to commit crime to fuel their drug addiction? I'm actually glad to see the drug prohibition laws eroding.

Before you think i'm some dope smoking hippie, i'm not. FJB. Let's go brandon. Democrats are the party of satan. Unfortunately the republicans have been infiltrated by trash and aren't what they once were. I'm a little suspicious trump didn't allow hillary to be tried on things.. but generally I support him and hope he gets in office again. The fact that the deep state is so against him is a good indicator that he is what's needed.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I want to add to this discussion not only am i against the gov't tracking our moves, I'm against cars having license plates and registrations.
Would you want the gov't implanting a chip in you? A barcode on your forehead? Well it's the same thing. It's so the gov't can identify
you at whim without your consent. If you see a person actually endanger someone the police should then go apprehend the person.
Saying everyone should identify themselves for the govt's benefit in apprehending criminals is stupid. You don't believe the gestapo should be able to stop you and demand your papers/ID if you're not commiting a crime or violating anyone's rights.. Is it any better fi they walk along side you while your on your daily routine? No. What's the difference between holding up your ID in public or having it on your car? Either way the gov't gets to observe you and identify you even though you didn't commit a crime.

Also you shoudln't be forced to have insurance. if you cause an accident you should be able to pay out of pocket and if you can't then you go to prison. Gov't should not force you to purchase an insurance product and be our masters. If you understand you shoudlnt' be forced to buy insurance with obamacare why dont' you understand you shouldn't be forced to purchase an auto insurance plan? Or maybe you should just be forced to buy an unbrella policy eh? who knows you might drop a nail on the ground and puncture someone's foot.. or maybe your kid might kick a ball into the street causing a traffic accident that's your responsibility so you need to have insurance for that right!

As mr Franklin said, those who trade freedom for security deserve neither.

While i'm going off on our unconsented public servants being our public masters, I would like to say thanks for drug prohibition. it's brought us more crime and death of innocent people, citizens and officers, as it has alcohol prohibition. Sarcastically of course i'm sayig thanks. Would it really be so bad if the stupider of society offed themselves on drugs? or doped themselves up doing manual labor all day instead of having to commit crime to fuel their drug addiction? I'm actually glad to see the drug prohibition laws eroding.

Before you think i'm some dope smoking hippie, i'm not. FJB. Let's go brandon. Democrats are the party of satan. Unfortunately the republicans have been infiltrated by trash and aren't what they once were. I'm a little suspicious trump didn't allow hillary to be tried on things.. but generally I support him and hope he gets in office again. The fact that the deep state is so against him is a good indicator that he is what's needed.

Tell us how you really feel. :) Someone took the red pill and now understands.

As an aside, all, if not most, of what you said, is caused by, incrementally over time, by having a fiat money system run by a criminal international private banking syndicate. That, is the root of nearly all of this Nation's problems. BTW, that criminal private banking syndicate, is the head of the deep state.

NOTSMC

I watch a lot of real life murder programs. I could care less about whether they take pictures of my license plate or not, but I've seen at least two episodes where they were able to solve a whodunit using license plate scanning. Pretty cool.

glhs837

Power with Control
I watch a lot of real life murder programs. I could care less about whether they take pictures of my license plate or not, but I've seen at least two episodes where they were able to solve a whodunit using license plate scanning. Pretty cool.
The taking pictures isn't the issue. It's the mass indefinite storage of citizens movements that's the problem I mean if we all wore body cams that uploaded constantly, think of how many crimes would never even happen ... The "we're keeping an eye on you just in case" is a pretty scary thing.

black dog

Free America
Does the State have to know that Tom Longpeter passes by here each weekday at 7:32 to 7:36 am in his 2022 red corvette?

NOTSMC

The taking pictures isn't the issue. It's the mass indefinite storage of citizens movements that's the problem I mean if we all wore body cams that uploaded constantly, think of how many crimes would never even happen ... The "we're keeping an eye on you just in case" is a pretty scary thing.
We're under surveillance in lots of places we go to if you really stop and think about it...grocery stores, gas stations, etc etc. How about the good side of it though? Like for instance if someone goes missing, that's a good way to track movement. From what I heard on the program I was watching, 20/20 something like that, they don't really use the information for anything EXCEPT when they need to find something. I could care less where it ends up, unless it's on you tube that would bug me.

I do get what you mean though.

black dog

Free America
Exactly, law enforcements job is to uphold the law, after a law has been broken.

NOTSMC

Does the State have to know that Tom Longpeter passes by here each weekday at 7:32 to 7:36 am in his 2022 red corvette?
The state probably wouldn't know (nor care) unless they actually had a reason to look for it. Like is his girlfriend missing?

DannyMotorcycle

Oh yea the good part of it.. well then let's let the gov't put GPS trackers on our cars.. and a chip in our skin..
That way when crackhead barry kills his boyfriend larry we can trace larry's location and see that he was with barry..
It's not like the gov't would ever convict and innocent person and fabricate evidence..

glhs837

Power with Control
We're under surveillance in lots of places we go to if you really stop and think about it...grocery stores, gas stations, etc etc. How about the good side of it though? Like for instance if someone goes missing, that's a good way to track movement. From what I heard on the program I was watching, 20/20 something like that, they don't really use the information for anything EXCEPT when they need to find something. I could care less where it ends up, unless it's on you tube that would bug me.

I do get what you mean though.

So, were I to tell you that the Wal Mart archives all inside and outside store footage and runs it through facial recog so its a searchable database of every customer in every a store for the last five year. And sell access to govt orgs for fun and profit? Would you think that's okay?

If the folks running these LPR systems recorded it and archived for a set length of time, then erased it, say a couple of months, that should cover your expected use cases. But very few do. Keep in mind, very few of these systems are owned and operated by govt orgs anymore. Private companies do this, partnering with police, tow companies, FEDEX and others. And then sell access to the databases. This way the govt can claim they don't hold data. Its sneaky underhanded crap.

"Dont really" use the information unless they need something? What if I told you that places in FL and other states have used them to identify vehicles they think spend too much time in "problematic areas" where drug dealing or prostitution are rampant and send warning letters to the registered owners of those vehicles? Does that sound like the relationship you want with your government. What if I told you private detectives and other private organizations can buy access to these same databases?

Lastly, there have been quite a few incidences of mistaken tag reads causing innocent citizens to be identified as car thieves or other criminals, and yet others where officers have abused the systems to track people like estranged spouses, citizens they have no right to surveil, and others.

Dont just listen to a TV show, read a bit deeper.

black dog

Free America
So, were I to tell you that the Wal Mart archives all inside and outside store footage and runs it through facial recog so its a searchable database of every customer in every a store for the last five year. And sell access to govt orgs for fun and profit? Would you think that's okay?

If the folks running these LPR systems recorded it and archived for a set length of time, then erased it, say a couple of months, that should cover your expected use cases. But very few do. Keep in mind, very few of these systems are owned and operated by govt orgs anymore. Private companies do this, partnering with police, tow companies, FEDEX and others. And then sell access to the databases. This way the govt can claim they don't hold data. Its sneaky underhanded crap.

"Dont really" use the information unless they need something? What if I told you that places in FL and other states have used them to identify vehicles they think spend too much time in "problematic areas" where drug dealing or prostitution are rampant and send warning letters to the registered owners of those vehicles? Does that sound like the relationship you want with your government. What if I told you private detectives and other private organizations can buy access to these same databases?

Lastly, there have been quite a few incidences of mistaken tag reads causing innocent citizens to be identified as car thieves or other criminals, and yet others where officers have abused the systems to track people like estranged spouses, citizens they have no right to surveil, and others.

Dont just listen to a TV show, read a bit deeper.

My bestie worked for Walmart a few years back as a People Lead "HR" our here for a few years.
Walmart has some of the best facial recognition cameras and software that's available in the market.
They know who you are, all the way around this rock we live on.

glhs837

Power with Control
Do not break the law and you will not have any problems
GIF by Team Coco

OccamsRazor

My bestie worked for Walmart a few years back as a People Lead "HR" our here for a few years.
Walmart has some of the best facial recognition cameras and software that's available in the market.
Where is this? Certainly not around here. Every single time footage or a photo is released about someone shoplifting or fighting at a WalMart around here, it looks like it was taken by a camera from the 1930s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I dont' think cops are dickheads. I think some dickheads are cops. My rights have personally been violated by dickhead cops on more than one occasion. I still like the police because I know they help keep the weaker in society safer and protected against the human monsters of society.

We need less Corporate Police, more Sheriff's ... and more personal protection

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Where is this? Certainly not around here. Every single time footage or a photo is released about someone shoplifting or fighting at a WalMart around here, it looks like it was taken by a camera from the 1930s through the curtains, in a fog.
:yay: