Plinking ammo

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Silly question, how does a automatic pistol spray you with lead?
The MK4 is the Shizzle in the MK series, super easy takedown for cleaning.

The MKIV is on my short list but they have a recall on them.

I'd pick up the Target or Hunter models in a heartbeat but i want to be sure the one i end up buying won't have an immediate recall like my P320.

Does the gun have a lot of rounds thru it? I had a Mossberg 22 rifle and had mis-fires often on "cheap" ammo. Turns out the tip of the striking pin was worn just a tad. Filed down the base of the striker so the pin had a fraction more travel. No more mis-fires.

Bonehead

Silly question, how does a automatic pistol spray you with lead?
The MK4 is the Shizzle in the MK series, super easy takedown for cleaning.

Well all I can tell you is the pistol stacked two rounds and both went off withe bolt partially open hence the bullet and case fragments in my face chest and hand. That's why that pistol was sols. Ruger could not replicate what happened.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Truth be told...it's all the 7.62x54r I shoot. That chit be noisy..

Try Indoors at the NRA Range in Fair Fax .....

Type 53 Carbine with the AK-74 Muzzle Brake

the barrel is not long enough to get past the lane dividers, and the blast comes out sideways to reflect off the same

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What variant is the MT ? A pindle or tall mount? sample / transferable ?
MT is not computing in my brain ..

Bolt-operated conversion; not even semi-auto. Just a fun-to-shoot conversation piece. The SGMT is the tank-mounted variant of the SG43 that has no sights and can be remotely fired electrically. I have a 43 also, but it's a deactivated display piece. I used to "build" deactivated guns for re-enactors that had vehicles that would mount them. Funny to see Soviet SG-43s and similar on US M113s, old APCs or Jeep mounts...LOL. At a distance they pass visual muster and that's all those guys care about.

Biggest deactivated gun I ever built was a double-barreled MIG 23mm aircraft autocannon that the guy mounted on a home-built (nicely done though) towed carriage; he made the thing look like a wicked anti-aircraft gun (nowadays we see the same basic weapon system mounted in the backs of trucks and manned by ISIS fighters). Like all such demils, it was wacked in to many short chunks with a gas axe when brought to me. But I stopped messing with that stuff more than a decade ago; don't have enough time for my own projects.

This thing is about 6' long!

GSH-23_700x500.png

black dog

Free America
Bolt-operated conversion; not even semi-auto. Just a fun-to-shoot conversation piece. The SGMT is the tank-mounted variant of the SG43 that has no sights and can be remotely fired electrically. I have a 43 also, but it's a deactivated display piece. I used to "build" deactivated guns for re-enactors that had vehicles that would mount them. Funny to see Soviet SG-43s and similar on US M113s, old APCs or Jeep mounts...LOL. At a distance they pass visual muster and that's all those guys care about.

Biggest deactivated gun I ever built was a double-barreled MIG 23mm aircraft autocannon that the guy mounted on a home-built (nicely done though) towed carriage; he made the thing look like a wicked anti-aircraft gun (nowadays we see the same basic weapon system mounted in the backs of trucks and manned by ISIS fighters). Like all such demils, it was wacked in to many short chunks with a gas axe when brought to me. But I stopped messing with that stuff more than a decade ago; don't have enough time for my own projects.

This thing is about 6' long!

View attachment 121887

Thanks, That's awesome. Years ago at the first Chantilly Show ( in the closed Kmart building ) I walked into the door and turned left and instantly viewed 3 M14 rifles.
They were papered back in the 60's as semi auto M14's. The barrels were tiged to the receivers on the bottom, the selectors were tiged in semi mode.
I bought all three and in the following year I gave them to Ken Lomont to have them repapered and reactivated and but back in service. I sold one with a PVS 4 on top of it and recouped all my money. I still shoot one of them at least monthly shooting across the course. I miss the days of cheap kits being imported, barrels of rifles for sale and ammo wrapped in brown paper or cardboard boxes for sale for almost nothing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I miss the days of cheap kits being imported, barrels of rifles for sale and ammo wrapped in brown paper or cardboard boxes for sale for almost nothing.

Me too, although I doubt I'd have the time and energy for it like I once did. Companies like Prexis that made all manner of new replacement barrels, and the various small companies that built and sold semi conversion kits and complete converted weapons have all but disappeared as the supply of the kits dwindled. My DP-28/DPM semi conversion kits were literally some of the last sold by the company that built/sold the ATF letter-approved one and that was almost 10 years ago.

I still want a Solothurn though....some kinda bad. ;-)

black dog

Free America
I wish my kid could have gone to the Alexandria waterfront and walked through the warehouses stacked to the rafters at Interarms and spend hours with his grandfather looking at all the artillery in front of and the endless guns and ammo piled up insides.
Just piles of canvas gear, Damn who would have thought it would ever end.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I wish my kid could have gone to the Alexandria waterfront and walked through the warehouses stacked to the rafters at Interarms and spend hours with his grandfather looking at all the artillery in front of and the endless guns and ammo piled up insides.
Just piles of canvas gear, Damn who would have thought it would ever end.

I know that had to be amazing. Isn't it ironic that the largest importers/distributors of war surplus arms were in - or very close to - the most virulently anti-2A areas there now are?..Washington DC and California.

Picked up a Uberti 1860 8" 44 yesterday. Got the Howell .45 Colt conversion cylinder on order. Can't wait...should be a lot of fun.

black dog

Free America
I know that had to be amazing. Isn't it ironic that the largest importers/distributors of war surplus arms were in - or very close to - the most virulently anti-2A areas there now are?..Washington DC and California.

Picked up a Uberti 1860 8" 44 yesterday. Got the Howell .45 Colt conversion cylinder on order. Can't wait...should be a lot of fun.

That should be really fun to play with.. did you see the Boilermakers in the shooting news?
. Purdue Rifle and Pistol Club News
First of all, Congratulations to the Purdue Rifle & Pistol Club for placing 3rd in the Western Intercollegiate Rifle Conference Championships last month! This year's Conference Championships were held at Purdue's Armory and attended by schools as far away as Georgia and North Dakota. Well Done Boilers!

This upcoming weekend, the rifle team will be heading down to Ft. Benning, GA for the Collegiate Rifle National Championships!

Boiler Up!

Best wishes for a successful and safe trip!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That should be really fun to play with.. did you see the Boilermakers in the shooting news?
. Purdue Rifle and Pistol Club News
First of all, Congratulations to the Purdue Rifle & Pistol Club for placing 3rd in the Western Intercollegiate Rifle Conference Championships last month! This year's Conference Championships were held at Purdue's Armory and attended by schools as far away as Georgia and North Dakota. Well Done Boilers!

This upcoming weekend, the rifle team will be heading down to Ft. Benning, GA for the Collegiate Rifle National Championships!

Boiler Up!

Best wishes for a successful and safe trip!

No, I missed that. Excellent.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I shot today with Federal ammo instead of the Remington bullets. That worked out much better. No issues at all. I probably shot somewhere between 150 & 200 rounds. My placement was much improved today, but I'm not going to give credit to the ammo on that.

Lesson learned.

black dog

Free America
I shot today with Federal ammo instead of the Remington bullets. That worked out much better. No issues at all. I probably shot somewhere between 150 & 200 rounds. My placement was much improved today, but I'm not going to give credit to the ammo on that.

Lesson learned.

That's great to hear Monello, some rimfires are just finicky and others could care less on what ammo they will like. Have fun..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Ain't she a beaut, Clark? Ordered a bunch of ball ammo, #11 caps, powder, etc etc today. Decided to keep her in shape to fire with either cylinder..the cap-fired or cartridge/pin-fired. Clint carried these in Outlaw Josey Wales.

IMG_0926[1].jpg IMG_0927[1].jpg