Police shoot and kill teenager with air soft gun in St Marys

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
hardly ... you snarked I snarked back ....
OHH. Okay. You snarked back by saying GFYS and not answering the question. Got it!

BTW - telling me to GFYS doesn't make me all :bawl: I've got more backbone than that. :yay:

Bann

PREMO Member
hardly ... where did I DENY What I said

I'll circle back around to a statement I made years ago .....

Cops Are PAID To Take A Bullet ... the ROE are stricter in Afghanistan then the Streets in America ... in Afghanistan you actually have to get shot at before returning fire ... here Cops just whip out side arm ' he acted suspiciously '

but the system stands behind them time and again Teens are gunned down by trigger happy cops that shoot 1st and ask questions

there was a case in Cali - cop sees teen ' with a gun ' next to a busy road way, jumps out yelling and screaming weapon drawn giving orders to the teen

he NEVER Hears - because of the highway traffic

the teen turns to see what the commotion is, never clearly hearing the cop yelling .... immediately gunned down by the cop

time from when the cop saw the teen until the teen lay dying 9 SEC that isn't enough time to evaluate ship

You're right. It happens very fast. The teenager was acting like he had a "real" firearm - so therefore, he was threatening a Police Officer's life. MY TEENAGER would have NEVER done something like that. EVER.

J2L Defense in Prince Frederick posted this on their FB page today -
There has been a lot of second-guessing of law enforcement officers involved in tragic life-death situations. We at J2 Defense can offer a small taste of what the officers face in split-second decision-making. Drop by to gain insight. No charge.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You're right. It happens very fast. The teenager was acting like he had a "real" firearm - so therefore, he was threatening a Police Officer's life. MY TEENAGER would have NEVER done something like that. EVER.

J2L Defense in Prince Frederick posted this on their FB page today -

We did that and I nailed him.

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
The airsoft guns and tactical gear cannot be distinguished from a real firearm from even a few feet away.
That is so incredibly foolish to sell them like that. Toy guns need to be painted bright orange in a significant manner so there is no mistaking them at a reasonable distance. If there ever was a justified cause for a lawsuit (against the manufacturer), this is it, IMO.

We can argue that what the kid "allegedly" did (no bodycam) was dumb, but he was a kid and that's why we treat kids differently under the law; they often do dumb things.

Once it became a knife fight, my sympathy with shooting him a 2nd time disappeared.

What justification can there possible be for MSP not wearing bodycams? I think I know the answer, but won't express it publicly.

I won't even publicly express my thoughts about the 2 gutless cowards who placed the 911 calls. But, I hope they read this.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I failed a practical pistol course back in the day. (They put up a big white piece of paper and showed a movie on it.) A car barrelling towards the camera and comes to a screeching halt. The passenger door flies open and a woman jumps out with a gun in her hand. The gun is pointed up in the air. She fires. I failed the test because I did not fire when I saw the gun. I argued that it wasn't pointed towards me. No joy.

Bann

PREMO Member
We did that and I nailed him.
I didn't. I hesitated about 3 seconds - second guessing myself if he HAD a weapon, because he wasn't standing in a menacing way. But he was coming after me with a knife. And he was built much like Arnold Swartzenegger. My delay meant that I only caught him on the shoulder.

(However, this was my first time EVER handling a gun, much less shooting or participating in a virtual engagement like this).

Last edited:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
That is so incredibly foolish to sell them like that. Toy guns need to be painted bright orange in a significant manner so there is no mistaking them at a reasonable distance. If there ever was a justified cause for a lawsuit (against the manufacturer), this is it, IMO.

We can argue that what the kid "allegedly" did (no bodycam) was dumb, but he was a kid and that's why we treat kids differently under the law; they often do dumb things.

Once it became a knife fight, my sympathy with shooting him a 2nd time disappeared.

What justification can there possible be for MSP not wearing bodycams? I think I know the answer, but won't express it publicly.

I won't even publicly express my thoughts about the 2 gutless cowards who placed the 911 calls. But, I hope they read this.
Did you hear about a cop being killed in DC, from a knife wound?

SugarBear47

No you wanted to engage in snarky comments .....

So Piss Off
He should be pissed off. If my son had been shot the second time "over a knife" and killed....no way that cop isn't being a bully. You have a police officer wearing a VEST and a kid with a fake gun. Cops know the danger of their jobs, and some are just scared and trigger happy.

Bann

PREMO Member
He should be pissed off. If my son had been shot the second time "over a knife" and killed....no way that cop isn't being a bully. You have a police officer wearing a VEST and a kid with a fake gun. Cops know the danger of their jobs, and some are just scared and trigger happy.
That gives the teenager the right to threaten a law enforcement officer?

What if he shot the officer in the head? Does that bullet proof vest protect him from a TBI?

If one of my sons did something EVEN HALF this stupid - I'd beat the crap out of him myself.

GregV814

OKay....probably 98% of you don't have any clue or care of my life's choices. That's fine. Those of you that have your buttocks terminally attached to the couch, second guessing what an officer or soldier did on Monday morning make me shake my head. 20 1/2 years in Prince George's County, 14 in a civilian role in Anne Arundel, I've seen and been in some vicarious circumstances. Unless YOU have been there, been able snap decisions based on what you see, mired in the phenonium of fatal funnel, you really shouldn't make second guessing your profession.

YOUre paid to take a bullet??? YOUre wearing a vest??? YOU should have know it was a Currier and Ives rosy cheek baby with a quick draw McGraw six shooter???? what??

CRHS89

I agree with Greg. NONE of us were there. We don't know exactly what happened. We know what has been reported, but even that may turn out not to be accurate as the investigation proceeds. There are no winners in this situation. A teenager died. A family lost their son. And a trooper will likely be forever changed by this, in a terrible way.

Another thing, for those that are saying the cop shouldn't have shot him because "he was just a kid". Would the cop be any less dead if shot in the head (if the gun had been real), just because it was held by a teenager and not an adult?

Bann

PREMO Member
I agree with Greg. NONE of us were there. We don't know exactly what happened. We know what has been reported, but even that may turn out not to be accurate as the investigation proceeds. There are no winners in this situation. A teenager died. A family lost their son. And a trooper will likely be forever changed by this, in a terrible way.

Another thing, for those that are saying the cop shouldn't have shot him because "he was just a kid". Would the cop be any less dead if shot in the head (if the gun had been real), just because it was held by a teenager and not an adult?
Exactly

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
hardly ... where did I DENY What I said

I'll circle back around to a statement I made years ago .....

Cops Are PAID To Take A Bullet ... the ROE are stricter in Afghanistan then the Streets in America ... in Afghanistan you actually have to get shot at before returning fire ... here Cops just whip out side arm ' he acted suspiciously '

but the system stands behind them time and again Teens are gunned down by trigger happy cops that shoot 1st and ask questions

there was a case in Cali - cop sees teen ' with a gun ' next to a busy road way, jumps out yelling and screaming weapon drawn giving orders to the teen

he NEVER Hears - because of the highway traffic

the teen turns to see what the commotion is, never clearly hearing the cop yelling .... immediately gunned down by the cop

time from when the cop saw the teen until the teen lay dying 9 SEC that isn't enough time to evaluate ship

It appears that I misunderstood your post in question. Mea culpa and thank you for clarifying.

#1, cops ARE NOT "paid to take a bullet". That's ignorant bullshit and only ignorant people say bullshit like that.

#2, if people wouldn't fight with cops and pull knives and guns on them, they wouldn't get shot. It's pretty simple, even you should be able to understand it.

#3, next time I see you how about if I pull a gun on you and you get to decide in less than a second whether or not I'm serious? How many questions you think you can ask in that timeframe? Not that I would ever do that, but you saying cops shoot first and ask questions later is some dimwit chit.

#4, the kid shouldn't have pulled ANY gun - toy or not - on a cop. That's just asking for it. And when the cop wounded him, the kid pulled a knife and kept coming, which is when the cop put him down for good. THOSE are the facts, supported by numerous witnesses.

#5, quit being such a dope. :smack:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

THANK YOU. I am particularly annoyed when the mouth breathers whine that "he was just a kid". This particular kid and any other kid who attacks a cop and gets killed for his trouble. So what if it was "just a kid"? Does that make his gun or knife less lethal or something?