Politics of Covid 19 Vaccines

herb749

I heard a good one the other day. The FDA fully approved the Pfizer vaccine while the Moderna is still in trial. We are still part of a trial .?

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

I heard a good one the other day. The FDA fully approved the Pfizer vaccine while the Moderna is still in trial. We are still part of a trial .?
Yes, everyone getting, or who has gotten, the vaccine is still part of the trial.

Actually, they approved the use of Comirnaty, which has yet to be produced, (or delivered, let alone used), and extended the EUA for the trial vaccine, (Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine), currently in the supply. If you read the FDA announcement correctly. It is all there. The EUA was "reissued", aka, extended.

Notice the title on the FDA's website for the link to the letter, and when you click on it, look at the title of the document:

Link: Letter of Authorization (Reissued)
Title: Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine EUA LOA reissued August 23 2021

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Fourth, we've watched the videos of brilliant M.D.s, virologists, pathologists and scientists explaining how this deadly vaccine causes massive inflammation, resulting in heart inflammation, heart attacks, strokes, blood clots, autoimmune disease and worse -- death.
Well, I'm real happy to say that the injections caused me no heart issues. Just got my results from a stress test, and the diagnosis was excellent, no sign of any heart damage or reduced function under stress.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NY approves COVID vaccine mandate for health care workers, removes religious exemption

Thursday's meeting of the Public Health and Health Planning Council consisted of a discussion and subsequent formal adoption of a regulation first announced by then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo last week.

The mandate approved by the council also removed a planned exemption that would have allowed workers to avoid vaccination based on religious considerations. Any religious exemptions previously granted are no longer valid and facilities will not be allowed to include religious exemptions at all, said Vanessa Murphy, a DOH attorney.

"We're not constitutionally required to provide a religious exemption," Murphy said. "You see that with the Measles and the Mumps requirement for health care workers."

stgislander

PREMO Member
After wading through all the data on the SMCHD website, can someone point to the county's current positivity rate?

stgislander

PREMO Member
22% based on the way I read the graph.
breakthrough cases are about 22% of all positives.
Interesting. When I went online to sign-up to attend church tomorrow in-person, the survey form asked if I had just returned from somewhere with a positivity rate greater than 10%. The current rate in Gulfport (Harrison County), MS is 22.4%. I was asked to quarantine for 14 days before attending in person.

If SMC is currently experiencing 22% positivity, then nobody should be attending church in-person.

TPD

the poor dad
Interesting. When I went online to sign-up to attend church tomorrow in-person, the survey form asked if I had just returned from somewhere with a positivity rate greater than 10%. The current rate in Gulfport (Harrison County), MS is 22.4%. I was asked to quarantine for 14 days before attending in person.

If SMC is currently experiencing 22% positivity, then nobody should be attending church in-person.
Based on that logic - absolutely! Call the pope or the vicar Immediately so you won’t be the only one with the mortal sin strike for not attending tomorrow.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Mandating a vaccine (RNA treatment) that is by design only 60-70% or less effective, (in addition to serious side-effects), against a virus that is 98-99% survivable is questionable at best. Add the fact many need a test that can be up to 80% incorrect to tell them they have a virus that has yet to be completely isolated makes mandates even more questionable. I have always believed that if it sounds like BS....... it probably is.

As more and more of us begin to feel the same and as we look around and see our vaccinated neighbors and co-workers disappear; eradicated for their compliance .... the choice is all to clear. In the words of Nancy Reagan, "Just say NO!"

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mass Resistance Arises As Washington Makes It Nearly Impossible To Get Vaccine Exemptions

The only ways out of the mandate are via medical or religious exemptions. Inslee’s staff knew there would be resistance, and his staff grew concerned that employees would feign religious objections to be exempt. While a medical exemption would require a doctor’s sign-off, religious exemptions were more challenging to control. So they concocted a plan.

I obtained a leaked email sent from Kathryn Leathers, general counsel for the Office of the Governor. On August 3, Leathers and staff representing the governor and the attorney general discussed the vaccine mandate.

“Exemptions: medical for sure; and religious (if we have to; if yes, as narrow as possible),” Leathers wrote. Calling the resulting religious exemption “narrow” is an understatement. It is so narrow that it appears to disqualify almost anyone who would apply.

While each department uses its own forms, there is a common question popping up. Staff are asked whether “You affirm/agree that you have never received a vaccine or medicine from a health care provider as an adult.”

By this definition, if a doctor or nurse gave you an ointment for a burn you got in the kitchen or an antacid for a stomach ache, you would have to answer in the negative. If that doesn’t automatically disqualify you, agencies ask you to explain your religious convictions further in a supplemental form.

[CLIP]

“The governor was concerned that people would inappropriately try to apply personal or philosophical objections to a religious exemption,” Inslee flack Mike Faulk told me. “It was important to the governor to make sure this was available to people with sincerely held religious beliefs.”

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Los Angeles Teachers Union Demands Vax Mandate For All Eligible Students: Report

The Times obtained a document dated August 26 called “Counterproposal #2” that the outlet says was “submitted at the bargaining table.” It reportedly requests that students who have not been granted religious or medical exemptions “achieve full vaccination no later than 12 weeks following the birthday in which they become eligible” for the shots.

According to the outlet, “The union also is calling for entire classes of younger students to be quarantined when anyone in that class – staff or student – tests positive for a coronavirus infection.” However, The Times noted, “There is no indication that the district has agreed to either proposal.”

Roberta

OLD WISE ONE
Los Angeles Teachers Union Demands Vax Mandate For All Eligible Students: Report

The Times obtained a document dated August 26 called “Counterproposal #2” that the outlet says was “submitted at the bargaining table.” It reportedly requests that students who have not been granted religious or medical exemptions “achieve full vaccination no later than 12 weeks following the birthday in which they become eligible” for the shots.

According to the outlet, “The union also is calling for entire classes of younger students to be quarantined when anyone in that class – staff or student – tests positive for a coronavirus infection.” However, The Times noted, “There is no indication that the district has agreed to either proposal.”
When did all school teachers become a doctor?

Reactions: rio