Poll: Has anything said on these boards....

Has anything said on somd.com influenced your vote

• Yes

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 72.1%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yep. I had written McCain off and planned on voting for Bob Barr. Thought I was solid.

Then McCain chose Sarah Palin as his running mate, and I started rethinking my decision. It was solidified by all of Nonno, Forestal, etc's, posts busting on her unfairly, and pointing to leftwing crazy crap about her children and her life. So now I'm determined that I will vote AGAINST their candidate, Barack Obama, because he must be a really bad man if these nutties are in love with him.

Gwydion

I just find it interesting that Vrai is the only one to vote yes, yet the forums are spammed full of "OMFG BARRACK IS A MUSLIM!" "OMFG PALIN'S DAUGHTER IS A WHORE"

Just seems like theres many more....interesting things to discuss.

:shrug:

Cowgirl

I just find it interesting that Vrai is the only one to vote yes, yet the forums are spammed full of "OMFG BARRACK IS A MUSLIM!" "OMFG PALIN'S DAUGHTER IS A WHORE"

They probably already had those opinions before they started a thread or saw a post about it. :shrug:

Pandora

I was ready to just plan to sleep in on Election Day and skip the polls until McCain brought aboard Palin. My vote is going to mean nothing in Maryland anyway but I am going to go and pull that lever. :patriot:

Nobama :boo: And to answer your question, NO!

Vince

The question was: "Has anything said on these boards changed or influenced your decision about the upcoming election?" Answer: NO, I'm still NOT voting for Obama. He is the opposite of what I believe on just about every political issue. Was undecided until Palin came into the picture.

Vince

I was ready to just plan to sleep in on Election Day and skip the polls until McCain brought aboard Palin. My vote is going to mean nothing in Maryland anyway but I am going to go and pull that lever. :patriot:

Nobama :boo: And to answer your question, NO!
:yeahthat: The Dems have always taken Maryland. :banghead:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Actually I was starting to feel uncomfortable with Obama, and the things posted on here, led me to do follow up research and, thereby I decided I can't vote for a great speaker just because he's a great speaker. That's how one man took over Germany in the 1930s.

Not sure if I'll vote the McCain/Palin ticket yet, but I am considering it. I've got a few more weeks to decide and do more research. Otherwise I am writing in the giant.

Here's some quotes from our founding father to consider:
*To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.
*Government is not reason, it is not eloquence -- it is force.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
There's no way I could vote for the Obama/Biden ticket, not after what I've seen here, and on the national news.

Thanks Southern Md. Online! :lmao:

Item #1: If Obama cannot rein in his slimy cohorts from busting on Sarah Palin, with obvious lies, WHAT can he control?

Item #2 Joe Biden represents change? :lmao: I still think that story about him requesting a longtime friend(confined to a wheelchair), stand up and be recognized, - one of the funniest, and at the same time, dumbest gaffes I have ever heard of!

Know your friends!

JimW711

Driving the Z
Nothing in any of these forums could make me change the way I thought about voting. Just knowing about Obama's Muslim heritage and the fact that his middle name is Hussein made my mind up a long time ago.

All politicians lie and promise you the world saying they're going to do this and do that, and then stick it up your azz after they get elected. That's the way it's been for ages, and it will never change. Therefore, my choices are based on record.

IMHO.... Anyone who votes in someone with a Muslim background after what we experienced on Spetember 11, 2001 over someone who served his country and was a Prisoner of War, should be ashamed of themself.

It's a free country, and opinions are like azzholes. If you think I'm one for feeling this way, that's fine. Just visualize those planes crashing into the Twin Towers when you place your vote.

:patriot:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I feel sorry for some of the people here.

Absolutely nothing. Just find it funny what some people believe.

Thank God I feel there is at least one person on here with sense :doh:
After reading what JimW just posted, and feeling the morbid confidence that it is a view of more than one person, I am worried about who will get elected.
Just wow.

(In the primaries, I was never the one rooting for Obama, but I sure as hell do NOT want the McCain ticket getting elected :doh:)

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
:yeahthat: The Dems have always taken Maryland. :banghead:

Maryland is a Dem state. I was going to vote for McCain, but now I'm not sure. I don't know, I'll probably still vote for McCain but not because of Sarah. Someone needs to pull us out of the hole on the economy and try to fix this stinking place without digging another hole. Good luck with that!

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Maryland is a Dem state. I was going to vote for McCain, but now I'm not sure. I don't know, I'll probably still vote for McCain but not because of Sarah. Someone needs to pull us out of the hole on the economy and try to fix this stinking place without digging another hole. Good luck with that!

And you think McCain is the solution? :doh:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Thank God I feel there is at least one person on here with sense :doh:
After reading what JimW just posted, and feeling the morbid confidence that it is a view of more than one person, I am worried about who will get elected.
Just wow.

(In the primaries, I was never the one rooting for Obama, but I sure as hell do NOT want the McCain ticket getting elected :doh:)

So your choice lost, but you're still voting the party line?

How is Obama a better choice than McCain? Without throwing dirt.. without diparaging anyone, without bringing in EITHER VP choice.

Here's your shot to use intelligent reasoning as to why Obama is a better choice than McCain.

Maybe you can effect change in somoenes vote here.