Poll: Has anything said on these boards....

Has anything said on somd.com influenced your vote

• Yes

Votes: 19 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 72.1%

• Total voters

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Why not?

Yes, I am kidding you. Wasn't that a knee-slapper?:lmao:

You could look at Bush except he's increased the national debt. Therefore, he's not a true fiscal conservative in my book and I don't like him for that.

Bush's father cut taxes. Reagan cut taxes. The only guy to decrease the national debt significantly was Clinton who had the great internet economic boom to help him.

dingdingding.
Call it what you want, but Clinton best impacted the national debt (of recent presidents), and both of your recent examples (I expected) of lowering taxes caused a VERY significant increase to national debt :smile:
It may just be me, but I would rather pay a little bit more in taxes than have them lowered (yippee, right? :yahoo:) but at the cost of putting the country in economic distress and a very severe debt.

BuddyLee

Football addict
dingdingding.
Call it what you want, but Clinton best impacted the national debt (of recent presidents), and both of your recent examples (I expected) of lowering taxes caused a VERY significant increase to national debt :smile:
It may just be me, but I would rather pay a little bit more in taxes than have them lowered (yippee, right? :yahoo:) but at the cost of putting the country in economic distress and a very severe debt.
The country doesn't go into debt because of tax cuts. The country is in debt because we spend way much more than we produce. The country is in debt because of wars (necessary or not).

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

The country doesn't go into debt because of tax cuts. The country is in debt because we spend way much more than we produce. The country is in debt because of wars (necessary or not).

You MAY finally be starting to see my point.
So, say McCain hypothetically cuts taxes...whats to keep him, like many others who have cut taxes, from causing our debt from spiraling out of control (even more so)? You know he isn't going to stop this war. What are his economic plans again?

:shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
You MAY finally be starting to see my point.
So, say McCain hypothetically cuts taxes...whats to keep him, like many others who have cut taxes, from causing our debt from spiraling out of control (even more so)? You know he isn't going to stop this war.

What's to stop Obama from doing the same? So, say Obama hypothetically raises taxes to support his new health care system and social programs, like many other democrats have implemented. Thus, causing our debt to spiral out of control even more so.

The war is over. I don't want McCain to stop the post-war progress.

pcjohnnyb said:
What are his economic plans again?

Do some reading.

JohnMcCain.com - McCain-Palin 2008

Barack Obama and Joe Biden: The Change We Need | Economy

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

What's to stop Obama from doing the same? So, say Obama hypothetically raises taxes to support his new health care system and social programs, like many other democrats have implemented. Thus, causing our debt to spiral out of control even more so.

The war is over. I don't want McCain to stop the post-war progress.

There are no guarantees in either direction. You are blinded by a belief system I have failed to change (and didn't expect to), so it is what it is. I'll take my bet, you take yours :smile:
Later, if my internet is working, I will plan to read those :yay:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

PS: I think Barack is Full of sheeyot too :yay:
I think they both are, but I have to choose one (technically, no, but the odds of a third party getting elected, are...well...its a throw-away vote :lol:).

BuddyLee

Football addict
PS: I think Barack is Full of sheeyot too :yay:
I think they both are, but I have to choose one (technically, no, but the odds of a third party getting elected, are...well...its a throw-away vote :lol:).
I'd vote for a third party candidate. It's your vote and you're being heard. The people were heard when they voted for Perot. The people were heard when they voted for Jessie Ventura.

It's only when enough people take that approach to voting for a third party candidate is when it really doesn't matter much. Same deal with not voting at all. Maryland has elected a Republican governor. If enough people get out and vote, Maryland can go Republican. Too many are apathetic.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Are you kidding me? We're talking presidents here. Name me the most recent to lower taxes WITHOUT other negative impacts (such as, increased national debt). :yay:
Good luck :smile:

First of all Presidents don't raise or lower taxes, Congress does. Presidents either pass it or veto it. When the GOP took control of Congress in 94 they lowered taxed and the result was one of the largest economic growth periods this country has ever seen. Of course everyone gave Clinton credit for it.

Bush lowered taxes early in his presidency and it resulted in huge economic growth. Of course coupled with the war was Congress' (and Bush's) insatiable spending habits squandering it all away. Raising taxes has NEVER resulted in budget surpluses. It has only resulted in larger government and more spending.

united

I have read all 13 pages and do not see much of a difference in the way you two think (johnny and buddy) just looks like you (johnny) want to debate to be different, you yourself are just not sure, so just admit it, read the two sites buddy provided and go from with it.