Pope Dead?

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Just checked the Fox and CNN websites and didn't see anything other than reports of his condition deteriorating.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Probably Pete and another April Fool's joke, he probably hacked into Yahoo.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
The report was an error made by Sky News in Italy. The Vatican just said that the Pope's brain and heart are still functioning, and that he is not dead. (This from Fox News on TV).

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Railroad said:
The report was an error made by Sky News in Italy. The Vatican just said that the Pope's brain and heart are still functioning, and that he is not dead. (This from Fox News on TV).
But did ya read the YAHOO article about signs of the pope passing.. the Carmelego (sp?) has to go into the popes room and hit him in the head with a silver hammer to verify that he is dead!! The Archbishop tells the Carmelego that the pope is dead, then the Carmelego has to strike the pope with Maxwell's silver hammer.. THEN he tells the Vicar of ROme that announces it to Rome..

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Railroad said:
Just checked the Fox and CNN websites and didn't see anything other than reports of his condition deteriorating.
The websites suck. I have the TV on. CNN is reporting that the Vatican has made an announcement that reports of the pope's death are false. But they've also said he IS dying and it's only a matter of time.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
So you're saying they have a verification process. Okay. The Vatican says the Pope is still alive. I wonder if they verified that before they said it.

Dymphna

itsbob said:
But did ya read the YAHOO article about signs of the pope passing.. the Carmelego (sp?) has to go into the popes room and hit him in the head with a silver hammer to verify that he is dead!! The Archbishop tells the Carmelego that the pope is dead, then the Carmelego has to strike the pope with Maxwell's silver hammer.. THEN he tells the Vicar of ROme that announces it to Rome..
I read that article. It's night there, so they've closed the bronze door for the night (which they also do for his death) The lights are on in the pope's room, the shutter's are open.

The Vatican has said straight out that the EEG machine is still showing brain activity, he has not flatlined, as was reported in the Italian press.

Dymphna

aps45819 said:
Isn't that true for all of us?
I plan to live forever.

Ok, they are really searching for news now. They are broadcasting the praying of the rosary. :rolleyes: Even my dear devoted grandmother doesn't say her rosary in one sitting. :yawn:

C

canuk woman

CityGrl said:
According to Yahoo , the Pope is dead.

Other sites are saying he's "clinging to life."

hey did you even read it it said "faithful looking for signs of pope's passing" and AOL didn't say anything yet but it could be today i just know it and if it's on cnn it's not an april fools joke

Dymphna

canuk woman said:
hey did you even read it it said "faithful looking for signs of pope's passing" and AOL didn't say anything yet but it could be today i just know it and if it's on cnn it's not an april fools joke
:rolleyes: try reading the thread. The inital report was wrong, so Yahoo changed their website.

C

canuk woman

Dymphna said:
:rolleyes: try reading the thread. The inital report was wrong, so Yahoo changed their website.

i did read it there was something about bells ringing and some bronze door being shut i'll check cnn when the live update on my computer is done

SamSpade

He's only "mostly dead"

Miracle Max: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only MOSTLY dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Inigo Montoya: What's that?
Miracle Max: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.