Pores

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
As I get older, I am noticing the pores on my face are becoming more noticable. Before I get smart remarks, I do clean my face and use moisturizer on it. But I see where alot of you talk about facials. I've never had a facial. If I start, does anyone know if the facials will help make the pores not as noticable? Or any recommendations on something at the store to get that will work on the pores? TIA!!

hotmomma

mmmmhmmmmm
I read an article not too long ago that was saying facials can do more harm then good so definately look into what kind of chemicals you use. I forget the chemical they said to stay away from. I not very helpful. darn

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
I read an article not too long ago that was saying facials can do more harm then good so definately look into what kind of chemicals you use. I forget the chemical they said to stay away from. I not very helpful. darn

You were helpful enough to make me think twice about a facial!! :flowers:

H

HouseCat

problem is with peels and facials; the effects only last for a few hours and as soon as you start to sweat, the pores open up again. I've been told its a genetic thing and either you have small pores or you don't. I am hoping someone will come in here and post something other and prove me wrong... I have the same problem and it bothers me too.

estee_shaun

:rolleyes: I don't know what magazine you were reading but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Facial do not do more harm than good. It really depends on your skin type and what you are doing for it at home. If your not taking care of your skin at home than yea, when you go get a facial your going to have break outs. But facial are extremely beneficial, they don't only promote excellent circulation but a lot of products can help shrink pores over time. It just takes time and diligence.

estee_shaun

problem is with peels and facials; the effects only last for a few hours and as soon as you start to sweat, the pores open up again. I've been told its a genetic thing and either you have small pores or you don't. I am hoping someone will come in here and post something other and prove me wrong... I have the same problem and it bothers me too.

Your right, it does have a lot to do with genetics. There are a lot of things that can be done to prevent your pores from getting larger but I really don't think we even think about those things as we are growing older (before the damage has been done). Don't knock a regular skin care routine with a skin care professional. I do agree that there are many that don't know exactly what they are doing but there are choice few that do. Don't under estimate the power of a facial, I happen to beleive that they are extremely important.

gemma_rae

Your right, it does have a lot to do with genetics. There are a lot of things that can be done to prevent your pores from getting larger but I really don't think we even think about those things as we are growing older (before the damage has been done). Don't knock a regular skin care routine with a skin care professional. I do agree that there are many that don't know exactly what they are doing but there are choice few that do. Don't under estimate the power of a facial, I happen to beleive that they are extremely important.

Do you know of a good place to get a decent facial in Prince Frederick?
Thanks!

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Is that something I can get at CVS or somewhere like that?

I use Witch Hazel which is inexpensive and you can get practically anywhere. I keep my bottle in the fridge and use it every morning before I put on my moisturizer and makeup. It is an astringent and that combined with the cold shrinks pores temporarily and seems to have long-term benefits as well (smoother/tighter skin).

Cowgirl

:rolleyes: If your not taking care of your skin at home than yea, when you go get a facial your going to have break outs.

Don't knock a regular skin care routine with a skin care professional. I do agree that there are many that don't know exactly what they are doing but there are choice few that do. Don't under estimate the power of a facial, I happen to beleive that they are extremely important.

Sooo, you do admit that there are times when a facial can do more harm than good? :eyebrow:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Sooo, you do admit that there are times when a facial can do more harm than good? :eyebrow:

I believe than any beauty treatment can be harmful if not done properly. I get facials and I've never had a problem. But the estee doesn't use harsh chemicals on my face, either. I don't get any sort of peel, just a nice massage, exfoliation and moisturize. Facials are wonderful!!!

estee_shaun

I didn't say that. I said that you will have break outs if you do not regularly care for your skin. Bringing the toxins to the surface of your skin is not HARM....... Is purifying your skin harmful??????:geek:

estee_shaun

I believe than any beauty treatment can be harmful if not done properly. I get facials and I've never had a problem. But the estee doesn't use harsh chemicals on my face, either. I don't get any sort of peel, just a nice massage, exfoliation and moisturize. Facials are wonderful!!!

Thank you Chasey!!!! Thats my girl

estee_shaun

I use Witch Hazel which is inexpensive and you can get practically anywhere. I keep my bottle in the fridge and use it every morning before I put on my moisturizer and makeup. It is an astringent and that combined with the cold shrinks pores temporarily and seems to have long-term benefits as well (smoother/tighter skin).

Witch Hazel is a great product, as an antiseptic. But damn EVERY DAY!!! thats pretty harsh. I honestly think if you have an oily issue maybe a few times a week and as a spot treatment. Everyday is way too much...... If you don't mind me asking? Are you in your teens? Or twenties????

tygrace

I didn't say that. I said that you will have break outs if you do not regularly care for your skin. Bringing the toxins to the surface of your skin is not HARM....... Is purifying your skin harmful??????:geek:

Can you tell me (i'm 40) if acne is linked to rosacea? I went to derm last week and he gave me prescription for Finacea-isn't that for rosacea?

tygrace

Oh-I forgot to tell ya I have acne on my chin and had a little redness on my cheeks (I assume that's why he thought I had rosacea).

estee_shaun

Oh-I forgot to tell ya I have acne on my chin and had a little redness on my cheeks (I assume that's why he thought I had rosacea).

Well, it could be several things but it is hard to say without seeing your skin. You may just have a bad case of broken capilaries. Rosacea is a really hard diagnosis. I personally cannot diagnose you with anything. I can only suggest that you see a dermatologist, and tell you what I think your skin disorder MAY be.
As for your RX I will have to do a little research and get back to you on that. I'll look into it when I get off work tomorrow night. Get back to ya.