Pores

tygrace

Well, it could be several things but it is hard to say without seeing your skin. You may just have a bad case of broken capilaries. Rosacea is a really hard diagnosis. I personally cannot diagnose you with anything. I can only suggest that you see a dermatologist, and tell you what I think your skin disorder MAY be.
As for your RX I will have to do a little research and get back to you on that. I'll look into it when I get off work tomorrow night. Get back to ya.

Thank you. I really don't believe I have rosacea. I think the dermatologist I saw was prescribing this because it helps with acne. I'm not sure if he thought I did or not, I'm one of those patients that doesn't ask the necessary questions!!! TIA for any help, I appreciate it.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Witch Hazel is a great product, as an antiseptic. But damn EVERY DAY!!! thats pretty harsh. I honestly think if you have an oily issue maybe a few times a week and as a spot treatment. Everyday is way too much...... If you don't mind me asking? Are you in your teens? Or twenties????

Actually, WH is not harsh at all and doesn't dry out your skin like alcohol does. It shrinks puffy under-eyes as well. I follow it up with wrinkle cream and moisturizer anyway so my skin is just soft and smooth. I am in my forties.

L

luckystar

Thank you. I really don't believe I have rosacea. I think the dermatologist I saw was prescribing this because it helps with acne. I'm not sure if he thought I did or not, I'm one of those patients that doesn't ask the necessary questions!!! TIA for any help, I appreciate it.

I have adult acne too :(

Shaun gave me Dermalogica for it, it's been working great. I still get a random pimple or two, but nothing like when I was using Clearasil or other Wal-Mart crap.

L

luckystar

Actually, WH is not harsh at all and doesn't dry out your skin like alcohol does. It shrinks puffy under-eyes as well. I follow it up with wrinkle cream and moisturizer anyway so my skin is just soft and smooth. I am in my forties.

Maybe it's because your skin is used to it. Shaun's an aesthetician, I'd trust her with my face if she said it was good to lather bird crap on it (I've heard Victoria Beckham does this, it is kinda gross though).

[edit]: Did I spell that right?

estee_shaun

Maybe it's because your skin is used to it. Shaun's an aesthetician, I'd trust her with my face if she said it was good to lather bird crap on it (I've heard Victoria Beckham does this, it is kinda gross though).

[edit]: Did I spell that right?

LOL, I love you!! You are too funny, Thanks:yahoo:

estee_shaun

OK, Yes Finacea is a topical cream used to treat rosacea related acne. Soooo the Dermatologist must think that you have some sort of rosacea that is causing you to have the acne. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which are good. You should see your symptoms improving within 4 weeks. How long have you been using it? If it does not change I would go back to the Derm and explain this and they can prescribe something else. As far as I know this is an early attempt at treating acne related rosacea and something stronger can be prescribed if needed. Hope I helped you out.
Estee

Nanny Pam

I believe than any beauty treatment can be harmful if not done properly. I get facials and I've never had a problem. But the estee doesn't use harsh chemicals on my face, either. I don't get any sort of peel, just a nice massage, exfoliation and moisturize. Facials are wonderful!!!

That's exactly what I was going to say.

tygrace

OK, Yes Finacea is a topical cream used to treat rosacea related acne. Soooo the Dermatologist must think that you have some sort of rosacea that is causing you to have the acne. It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which are good. You should see your symptoms improving within 4 weeks. How long have you been using it? If it does not change I would go back to the Derm and explain this and they can prescribe something else. As far as I know this is an early attempt at treating acne related rosacea and something stronger can be prescribed if needed. Hope I helped you out.
Estee

I just went last week, and my copay is $50 and I can't afford that. Not to mention, I know that I don't have rosacea. Someone mentioned that you suggested Dermagolica (sp?) because they had adult acne, I was thinking I might try that. I'm not the healthiest eater and I do eat my fair share of sugar--pretty sure that is causing it. Thank you so much for your advice.

L

luckystar

I just went last week, and my copay is $50 and I can't afford that. Not to mention, I know that I don't have rosacea. Someone mentioned that you suggested Dermagolica (sp?) because they had adult acne, I was thinking I might try that. I'm not the healthiest eater and I do eat my fair share of sugar--pretty sure that is causing it. Thank you so much for your advice.

Dermalogica kind of pricey, but it's worth it. The face wash lasts a while too, you barely need any to get a good lather on your face. The oil control lotion wasn't quite enough for me; I'm prone to dry skin - so she suggested the active moist and that did the trick. I gave up my pricey Bare Minerals make up for this stuff :)

That's one hell of a copay though. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get my wisdom teeth out. I may have to take out a loan and skip that new Mac computer :ohwell:

Last edited by a moderator:

estee_shaun

I love you too! I heard E saw his first snow (that he can recall). Did he dig it?

OH God yes!!! He had so much fun. Today was a snow day as well and the snow was all ice. I was slingin his butt around on his sled in the yard. He is too much fun. We had a really fun day. Back to work tomorrow though, LOL Its all good, Love my job.
So happy to hear that the active moist is working out for you. God I love Dermalogica.
Have a great rest of the week.

RubbinDucky

Well, it could be several things but it is hard to say without seeing your skin. You may just have a bad case of broken capilaries. Rosacea is a really hard diagnosis. I personally cannot diagnose you with anything. I can only suggest that you see a dermatologist, and tell you what I think your skin disorder MAY be.
As for your RX I will have to do a little research and get back to you on that. I'll look into it when I get off work tomorrow night. Get back to ya.

She acts like a doctor, like she knows all, yet is smart enough to keep herself out of legal trouble by making sure to add the line "I cannot diagnose"...smooth

L

luckystar

She acts like a doctor, like she knows all, yet is smart enough to keep herself out of legal trouble by making sure to add the line "I cannot diagnose"...smooth

She's not acting like a doctor. She's trying to give the best advice she can for someone that's interested, she happens to be rather well informed on the topic.

Go pick on someone that deserves it. There are plenty here.

estee_shaun

Oh Honey, get your knickers out of a twist, no one is attacking you here. You are obviously feeling quite threatened by my knowledge without even feeling aware of your inferiority to me. :evil: Hmmmm, maybe you should just pick up a book now and then and you won't have that problem. My job is to help people with skin problems and give them advice which is precisely what I was trying to do because I LOVE what I do. No one asked for your two cents on your insecurity. :neener:

RubbinDucky

Oh Honey, get your knickers out of a twist, no one is attacking you here. You are obviously feeling quite threatened by my knowledge without even feeling aware of your inferiority to me. :evil: Hmmmm, maybe you should just pick up a book now and then and you won't have that problem. My job is to help people with skin problems and give them advice which is precisely what I was trying to do because I LOVE what I do. No one asked for your two cents on your insecurity. :neener:

Wow, how childish...how sad. I'm not insecure but obvioulsy you are by your response. Nor am I inferior to you...but hey, whatever makes you feel more "mature".

rwethereyet

Yeah, okay.
Wow, how childish...how sad. I'm not insecure but obvioulsy you are by your response. Nor am I inferior to you...but hey, whatever makes you feel more "mature".

Estee has been posting advice for those who asked and information about the job she does. She is telling people that they should have a Dr diagnose them so they know for sure what they have. I see nothing wrong with that. Then you come on here and say "She acts like a doctor, like she knows all, yet is smart enough to keep herself out of legal trouble by making sure to add the line "I cannot diagnose"...smooth". She never said she was a doctor, but is obviously knowledgeable about the subject. You popped on her like a teenage drama queen.

Thanks estee for your information, it is appreciated!

estee_shaun

Estee has been posting advice for those who asked and information about the job she does. She is telling people that they should have a Dr diagnose them so they know for sure what they have. I see nothing wrong with that. Then you come on here and say "She acts like a doctor, like she knows all, yet is smart enough to keep herself out of legal trouble by making sure to add the line "I cannot diagnose"...smooth". She never said she was a doctor, but is obviously knowledgeable about the subject. You popped on her like a teenage drama queen.

Thanks estee for your information, it is appreciated!

Thank you, I'm glad to see who the real immature one is in the room!!! haaaaaa.
Awe I feel so warm and fuzzy inside. Don't have time for this chick's catty crap. She is quite the cat with some serious insecurities that I just don't have. Someone needs to mind their own "beez wax" :killingme