Prayers needed for one of us...

SerenitStables

riderup said:
I don't think the barn was at fault for this accident. I hear Remax is a good rider and accidents happen to the best of us. Your comment about how horses think is an interesting one. Those two ponies are buddy sour, and their brains tell them it is safer to be together, not right or wrong as far as horse thinking goes. It was dangerous for them to react to their instinct, so it is about what we know is best for them, if they are going to be ridden safely.

I agree with you. I have two that were best friends too and I had to seperate them to make life work out for the best.

I don't blame anyone at the barn and from what I have heard Remax is a good rider...I don't think she was at fault either.

Hopefully this will never happen to someone else and that she pulls through it 110%.

M

missperky

remaxrealtor said:
THERE'S NO WAY TO SAY THANK YOU ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm heading back to Wahington Hospital tomorrow to figure out how much srgery my leg needs. They're most worried about the bleeding in my brain. VERY painful....sleeping a lot. And I miss the boys soooooooooooooooooo much! Keep your hooves crossed for me, I love you all.

Wishing you the best, get well soon! :huggy:

Thomas99

Ok, then whats the difference between a trainer telling a new horse owner to not use a "tie down" on their new horse b/c it does not like them? Same bad result- new owner ignores trainer and horse flips over or in this case horse wants to be with other and tries to catch up but rider is riding bareback and has no help with balence from stirrups. Should we not ride the horse that flips with a tie down or use one- just to get them used to it? The horse that flips should be dealt with carefully and with care right?- so should these ponies. Yes the ponies need to work on this, but do you really think that it is unsafe to ride the ponies together if the instructions were to stay together? Even if you are not planning on being apart from the other- not even planning on going faster than the other?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
This is Remax on one of my pasos this summer...happier times...we had a ball..

Nov1120062911.jpg

Nov112006292.jpg

Nov112006291.jpg

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
riderup said:
I don't think the barn was at fault for this accident. I hear Remax is a good rider and accidents happen to the best of us. Your comment about how horses think is an interesting one. Those two ponies are buddy sour, and their brains tell them it is safer to be together, not right or wrong as far as horse thinking goes. It was dangerous for them to react to their instinct, so it is about what we know is best for them, if they are going to be ridden safely.

It's a case of right brain vs. left brain, reactive side vs. thinking side. It's workable in time. If they were driven together for years then they really depend on each other but mostly they don't use their thinking side.

SerenitStables

Thomas99 said:
Ok, then whats the difference between a trainer telling a new horse owner to not use a "tie down" on their new horse b/c it does not like them? Same bad result- new owner ignores trainer and horse flips over or in this case horse wants to be with other and tries to catch up but rider is riding bareback and has no help with balence from stirrups. Should we not ride the horse that flips with a tie down or use one- just to get them used to it? The horse that flips should be dealt with carefully and with care right?- so should these ponies. Yes the ponies need to work on this, but do you really think that it is unsafe to ride the ponies together if the instructions were to stay together? Even if you are not planning on being apart from the other- not even planning on going faster than the other?

If your horse doesn't like a tie down there are other options then hoping on it and going. You can round pen the horse with the tie down on and let the horse get used to it.

With these ponies, they didn't know any better, they did what their brains told them. They are herd animals and don't always like being seperated.

You deal with them. You work with them. You can change it and fix it. It just takes time and patience. But they should be able to work through it.

We all make mistakes and I am sure there is more to this story then what we all know...I am sure once Remax is feeling better she will let us in on what happened and such.

JMHO

R

remaxrealtor

Pasofever said:
This is Remax on one of my pasos this summer...happier times...we had a ball..

Nov1120062911.jpg

Nov112006292.jpg

Nov112006291.jpg
Thanks.....only you could make me smile today. Off in an ambulance this morning, swelling in the front lobe of the brain now....and the back. Cracked ribs are killing me and only the Lord knows what the surgeon will decide to do with my knee.

Thanks again for everyone caring so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The barn/farm had NOTHING to do with this. It was an accident and it was my fault.

meangirl

Nice lady!
remaxrealtor said:
Thanks.....only you could make me smile today. Off in an ambulance this morning, swelling in the front lobe of the brain now....and the back. Cracked ribs are killing me and only the Lord knows what the surgeon will decide to do with my knee.

The barn/farm had NOTHING to do with this. It was an accident and it was my fault.

:huggy: Keeping good thoughts for you!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
remaxrealtor said:

Here's to a speedy recovery. :huggy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Get better Remax.. :huggy: Have R keep intouch with us via Paso or some body :shrug: WE miss pickin' on ya Hurry up and get back..... :flowers:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
remaxrealtor said:

Hello there neighbor. :howdy:

I wish you the best - rapid healing and less pain as possible. :huggy:

Prayers to you and your family.:poorbaby: I don't post much in the Horse Forum, but I've met Remax IRL, and she's a very nice lady.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
remaxrealtor said:

:frown: damn and I always thought your head was harder then that..if you need me call...