Proactiv

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Other advice

She does not yet know that I ordered her this stuff.
When it comes in I will bring it to her the sameday.

Now.....................................
How do I go about telling her to try this, without her getting upset thinking...... "Is it that bad Dad?"........ Then if it doesn't work?

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
DoWhat said:
She does not yet know that I ordered her this stuff.
When it comes in I will bring it to her the sameday.

Now.....................................
How do I go about telling her to try this, without her getting upset thinking...... "Is it that bad Dad?"........ Then if it doesn't work?
I'd just be honest with her ... tell her your only concern is her and her self esteem and doing anything possible to help her feel as beautiful as you know she'll look for her special night ... that you talked to some of your lady friends, and this stuff comes highly recommended. :yay:

I don't think I would have been put off or have hurt feelings if my dad would've bought something like this for me if I needed it. :shrug:

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
crabcake said:
I'd just be honest with her ... tell her your only concern is her and her self esteem and doing anything possible to help her feel as beautiful as you know she'll look for her special night ... that you talked to some of your lady friends, and this stuff comes highly recommended. :yay:

I don't think I would have been put off or have hurt feelings if my dad would've bought something like this for me if I needed it. :shrug:

Every part of that was good except the part of discussing her zits with his lady friends. I dont think shell like that part.

crabcake

DoWhat said:
Oh my.
Are all these female Forumites, my Lady friends?
:smack: Use whatever you think would be most accepted by her. Friends, lady friends, a dermatologist lady friend ... :shrug:.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
I tried Proactiv a few years ago when it first came out. My skin had never been really bad to begin with, but I had an occasional breakout every month or so. When I started using the stuff, my skin reverted to that of a 14 year old grease monkey and I looked ten times worse than before it ever touched my face.

I went to a dermatologist, and he actually recommended birth control pills. Apparently the hormones they use in them balance the pH in acne prone skin. They cleared my skin up within a few weeks.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
baileydog said:
Every part of that was good except the part of discussing her zits with his lady friends. I dont think shell like that part.
Good idea.
My new old slut puppy.

How much $$ do you need?

crabcake

Club'nBabySeals said:
I went to a dermatologist, and he actually recommended birth control pills.
I've never met Dowhat, but I can't imagine Daddy liking that option for his little girl. :nono:

Club'nBabySeals said:
I tried Proactiv a few years ago when it first came out. My skin had never been really bad to begin with, but I had an occasional breakout every month or so. When I started using the stuff, my skin reverted to that of a 14 year old grease monkey and I looked ten times worse than before it ever touched my face.

I went to a dermatologist, and he actually recommended birth control pills. Apparently the hormones they use in them balance the pH in acne prone skin. They cleared my skin up within a few weeks.
:yeahthat: Is is true, birth control pills do balance and clear up skin. My mother has worked for OB/GYN docs for over 30 years.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Club'nBabySeals said:
:yikes:
You are talking to her FATHER!

crabcake

CableChick said:
tell her they are vitamins and only give them to her for 2 weeks. :biggrin:
c'mon now ... she's of "prom" age ... she ain't stupid. :really:

She probably has already heard about that option, but knows better than to even think of asking. :lol:

crabcake said:
c'mon now ... she's of "prom" age ... she ain't stupid. :really:

She probably has already heard about that option, but knows better than to even think of asking. :lol:

Well .. at least you know she's not on them now! :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
DW, I would explain that prom is stressful and she shouldn't take the chance of a breakout. Tell her it will combat the problem before it even starts. No feelings hurt & you've done your job. :yay:

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
DoWhat said:
:yikes:
You are talking to her FATHER!

I realize that, and I can understand why parents of a young teenager (and I'm not sure precisely how old yours is) would be wary of such a solution for the obvious reasons, but the fact remains that they do have a proven track record of being very effective acne inhibitors.

The decision to utilize them for that alternate medical reason would be a choice for each individual family to make based on their personal dynamic and needs.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
DoWhat said:
Does it work?

My daughter is breaking out and her self esteem is low.

And Daddy wants his little girl "Happy".

How old is she?

My son took Accutane for 4 months. Shiat is awesome :yay:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
To be honest, if she would ever ask me, because of that reason, I would say "Yes". I trust her (what father wouldn't?)

But her mother is a different story.