Proactiv

unixpirate

Pitty Party
DoWhat said:
I have heard that, that stuff can be very dangerous.

I know you only have a few weeks, but maybe look into it for long term.
We did wait till he was 17 before he went and got some counselling etc.. But yes they talk about suicide and such. He was fine. He tried to kill :jameo: me and not himself so it was all good. :lol: He's now a Senior at LHS. Handsome SOB! :huggy:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Hey DW -- maybe DidWhat could have the talk with her and give it to her. It might be better received coming from a fellow chic. :shrug:

crabcake

BuddyLee said:
Get that dead skin away and open those pours with St. Ives face scrub.:yay:
That stuff is okay once her skin is cleared up, but it'd probably irritate her skin more than help right now.

BuddyLee

Football addict
crabcake said:
That stuff is okay once her skin is cleared up, but it'd probably irritate her skin more than help right now.
You're probably right. I wonder if she's one of those people who have pimples over top of pimples. Nastiness.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
Hey DW -- maybe DidWhat could have the talk with her and give it to her. It might be better received coming from a fellow chic. :shrug:
I'm listening (reading), But I got a teeshirt that says I'm "The Best Daddy in the World". And I wear it proudly.

We talk about everything, and she knows (I hope) that she can tell me anything. We have (As I see it) A great relationship.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
BuddyLee said:
You're probably right. I wonder if she's one of those people who have pimples over top of pimples. Nastiness.

That was my son. It was bad. I never had acne, but my brother had it all over his back and scarred. Nastiness is right. :barf:

unixpirate

Pitty Party
DoWhat said:
I'm listening (reading), But I got a teeshirt that says I'm "The Best Daddy in the World". And I wear it proudly.

We talk about everything, and she knows (I hope) that she can tell me anything. We have (As I see it) A great relationship.

Hold on to that relationship and keep the arsehole b/f's away. I had the EXACT relationship with my daughter till this mthrfkr came along two years ago. She's 22 now. He has totally alienated her from me. Thought it would never happen. Charish every minute DW and keep a tight rein.
Trust me, I almost went to jail for murder cause I love her b/f so much. :sarcasm:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
unixpirate said:
Hold on to that relationship and keep the arsehole b/f's away. I had the EXACT relationship with my daughter till this mthrfkr came along two years ago. She's 22 now. He has totally alienated her from me. Thought it would never happen. Charish every minute DW and keep a tight rein.
Trust me, I almost went to jail for murder cause I love her b/f so much. :sarcasm:
Thanks for the advice, hopefully things have worked out for you and your daughter.

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
DW - You just have that DidWhat give you a :smoochy: for being a good dad!

And, if it is bad (cystic) acne, definitely talk to a dermatologist. I was on Accutane. I never had a serious "zit" until college, then proceeded to have the horrible adult onset cystic acne that produces the boil-like oozing zits all over your face. :barf: Accutane brought it all out at once and "got it over with" so that I didn't spend the next 10 plus years of my life with it.

I use a three-step skin care system now and drink lots (TONS) of water... It's nice to hear you're thinking of her!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
virgovictoria said:
DW - You just have that DidWhat give you a :smoochy: for being a good dad! Where?

And, if it is bad (cystic) acne, definitely talk to a dermatologist.
It looks like the typical pimples.

I use a three-step skin care system now and drink lots (TONS) of water... It's nice to hear you're thinking of her!
You are gorgeous!

Angel

~*~*~
If her acne isn't that bad then what you are getting her might be fine. Only a dermatologist would know for certain.

I had to go through 2 cycles of Accutane in my life. Once as a teenager and then again in my early 20's. The stuff is vicious and is only for the really bad cases of acne. I had to sign forms stating that I would not great prego while on it because if I did the baby would have to be aborted (the medicine is guaranteed to give you a Mongoloid if you get knocked up while on it). Also people have killed themselves while on it (I was so depressed both times I had to take it). BUT I am acne free these days (knock on wood). They only allow you to take it for 3 cycles. If the acne doesn't clear up after the 3rd time, too bad so sad... The side effects from this stuff are very scary. It can also cause bone deformities and a ton o' other crap. Anyway... that's my story.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Angel said:
If her acne isn't that bad then what you are getting her might be fine. Only a dermatologist would know for certain.

I had to go through 2 cycles of Accutane in my life. Once as a teenager and then again in my early 20's. The stuff is vicious and is only for the really bad cases of acne. I had to sign forms stating that I would not great prego while on it because if I did the baby would have to be aborted (the medicine is guaranteed to give you a Mongoloid if you get knocked up while on it). Also people have killed themselves while on it (I was so depressed both times I had to take it). BUT I am acne free these days (knock on wood). They only allow you to take it for 3 cycles. If the acne doesn't clear up after the 3rd time, too bad so sad... The side effects from this stuff are very scary. It can also cause bone deformities and a ton o' other crap. Anyway... that's my story.
Thank you for your input.
I really do appreciate it.

And I hope all is well with you.

DW, if you want to start her on something right now so that she has a chance to begin clearing up over the long weekend, Pic up The Neutrogena Face wash that has 2% salicylic acid and then the Neutrogena face/spot treatment that goes on a clean face with 2% salicylic acid.

Do not let her use scrubby, abrasive stuff until her face begins to clear.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
:huggy: & :love:

kwillia said:
Pic up The Neutrogena Face wash that has 2% salicylic acid and then the Neutrogena face/spot treatment that goes on a clean face with 2% salicylic acid.

Do not let her use scrubby, abrasive stuff until her face begins to clear.
Where would I find these products?

It has been a long time since I have stepped into a store.

DoWhat said:
:huggy: & :love:

Where would I find these products?

It has been a long time since I have stepped into a store.
Based on where you live... I vote CVS in Leonardtown. You can find it at Target and Walmart and the likes, but I wouldn't dare send you that direction on a weekend...:jameo:

Hit CVS. The salicylic acid ingredient will penetrate her pores and start healing right away.

crabcake

kwillia said:
Based on where you live... I vote CVS in Leonardtown. You can find it at Target and Walmart and the likes, but I wouldn't dare send you that direction on a weekend...:jameo:

Hit CVS. The salicylic acid ingredient will penetrate her pores and start healing right away.
You should post pictures of the items so he can print them out and take with him to help in his search. :yay: