PSA

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was at Wally World yesterday. Tried to pay by check, they wanted ID. My new Real ID wasn't accepted. OK, here's my credit card. Machine won't read it. Now the line is 6 deep. Cash it is. The cashier told me they are having problems with the machines, but it will be fixed with their remodel. In February.
Why wasn't you real ID accepted?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I was at Wally World yesterday. Tried to pay by check, they wanted ID. My new Real ID wasn't accepted. OK, here's my credit card. Machine won't read it. Now the line is 6 deep. Cash it is. The cashier told me they are having problems with the machines, but it will be fixed with their remodel. In February.
Wait!

You saw a cashier in Walmart yesterday?

Not someone still in a halloween costume?

A real cashier? Like... At a register?

:shocked:

ontheriver

Why wasn't you real ID accepted?
The old soundex # started with the first letter of your last name. The Real ID # has no letters.

I went today and used my old ID and it worked. It is expired. That works but the ID I had to provide all my documents for doesn't. Un Real. Pun intended.

Remember, the government is your friend.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
The old soundex # started with the first letter of your last name. The Real ID # has no letters.

I went today and used my old ID and it worked. It is expired. That works but the ID I had to provide all my documents for doesn't. Un Real. Pun intended.

Remember, the government is your friend.
I thought they told us to destroy them. I still have mine. I usually just use a debit card.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
1C18E976-5F92-4F75-8425-B50946D2FEE3.png

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I just got my license renewed and the letters are MD, then the 13 characters. I think the issue was with California Wal Mart's
outdated system. No issues with anything else.
At Lowe's, to use the new license number, we replace the MD with your last initial, add a 0 to the end of the license number, then us MD in the state abbreviation box.