Psa

K

Kizzy

aps45819 said:
Remove that big chunk of ice from the roof/hood of your car.

That drives me NUTS :mad:

You'll be 10 cars back and see a chunk of ice flying in the air. I just pucker the ole butt cheeks and hope I don't get nailed. :ohwell:

Had a Neon (non SRT-4 variety) have their ice come loose in front of me on the beltway at 5:00 this morning. I was in the left center lane, with a car to my left. The neon was a good 50 yards in front of us (me and the car next to me) and the 2 of us were both swerving around to miss the ice. We both slowed down at the same time and then I went right 1 lane and they went onto the left shoulder and we both had ice land where we would have been had we not slowed/swerved just seconds before. Boy is it fun watching a 1'x3'x2" hunk of ice fly through the air at you at 65 mph +/- and miss you by inches.

D

dmc854

aps45819 said:
If it's sitting in the sun, you can just slide it off with you hand today. That's what I did at lunch.
And that doesn't scratch the paint?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
elaine said:
Don't drive up my tail pipe and you won't have to worry about it.

huntr1 said:
The neon was a good 50 yards in front of us (me and the car next to me) and the 2 of us were both swerving around to miss the ice.

That's a mighty long tailpipe.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
dmc854 said:
And that doesn't scratch the paint?
It'll slide right off. Less chance of damaging your finish than if it comes off at 60mph.
Saw a funny at lunch. Guy stops at an intersection and his roof ice slides forward and lodges over his windhield. He had to get out and clear if off while blocking traffic.

D

dmc854

aps45819 said:
It'll slide right off. Less chance of damaging your finish than if it comes off at 60mph.
Saw a funny at lunch. Guy stops at an intersection and his roof ice slides forward and lodges over his windhield. He had to get out and clear if off while blocking traffic.
Too funny!

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
crabcake said:
she'll make her return after Daytona. :huggy:

I'm a race fan, but I liked that other AV a lot better too....I couldn't take my eyes off of it....THEN you go and change it.....
:cussing:

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
crabcake said:
I pour hot scalding water all over my car to defrost/deice it. :yay:

Doesn't the water freeze in the windows, the door locks, and on the side windows again?

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Lenny said:
Doesn't the water freeze in the windows, the door locks, and on the side windows again?

:gossip: CrabbyPatty was making a joke, it can also shatter the glass because of the sudden temp change.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
aps45819 said:
Remove that big chunk of ice from the roof/hood of your car.

Just driving onto Webster Field and almost got taken out by a piece of ice flying off of the top of an ONCOMING Jeep.. Figure closing speed of about 100 MPH.. 10 pund sheet of ice.. heading towards my windshield.. When I sat back up from behind my dash, AFTER I heard it bounce off of the top of my truck.. wanted to turn around and get his plate # just in case there was damage to the top of my truck.. because you are liable for any damage caused by ice or debris flying off of your car, or truck..

itsbob

I bowl overhand
crabcake said:
I pour hot scalding water all over my car to defrost/deice it. :yay:
You do this before it gets cold.. and cover your windshiled with newspaper before you do it.. the newsprint will be permanently embedded in your windshiled from that day forward..

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
itsbob said:
You do this before it gets cold.. and cover your windshiled with newspaper before you do it.. the newsprint will be permanently embedded in your windshiled from that day forward..
You know this from personal experience?