Puppies

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Thanks DoWhat and very sorry for your loss as well. I'm sure Lilly had a great life with you.

We had Sadie for just shy of 10 years. Didn't think it would be her we had to say goodbye to before another older fellow in our pack. He's pushing 17 and we know it won't be long before we go through it again.

Thanks Wharf.
And RPM so sorry to hear about your family lose.

We all love our pets and consider them family members and when they pass it breaks our hearts.
May they all RIP.

Rainbow Bridge:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
I'll miss my conversations with Sadie. She was never really a barker (unlike her kids who bark at the wind). Tried to explain this to Frequentflier a few days ago.
This was a typical morning chat and how she generally communicated with us.

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Rainbow Bridge:

I have that same poem/sentiment printed along with the paw prints of all my Best Furry Friends (cats and dogs) framed with pics. I think humans are more compassionate and loving than some give them credit for. Group hug. :huggy:

littlelady

God bless the USA
I'll miss my conversations with Sadie. She was never really a barker (unlike her kids who bark at the wind). Tried to explain this to Frequentflier a few day ago.
This was a typical morning chat and how she generally communicated with us.

Very, very sweet. Memories are everything. :smile:

luvmygdaughters

So sorry Wharf. It never fails to amaze me, how much are 4 legged children mean to us and much a part of our lives they are. Its never easy to say good bye to our loved ones, including the furry ones. Hope you have wonderful memories to help you through the sadness.

luvmygdaughters

We lost our 10 yr. old lab July 1st, very unexpectedly.
She passed away in my arms while the wife was driving us to the Vet.
Vet believes it was from a ruptured spleen.
Totally broke our hearts.

RIP Lilly.

So sorry DoWhat, I'm sure she had a great life that was filled with love and happiness with your family.

RPMDAD

Thank you wr, DoWhat, Roman and littlelady and everyone else. I think this sums it up for all of us .

dog love.jpg

Lilypad

So very sorry Wharf, DoWhat and RPM I feel and know y'alls pain all too well...I was sent this quote when I lost both of my GSDs recently: “It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog that comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
So very sorry Wharf, DoWhat and RPM I feel and know y'alls pain all too well...I was sent this quote when I lost both of my GSDs recently: “It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them, and every new dog that comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Thank you Lily, and sorry for your loss.
Our animals here are the ones that help us to get up every morning.

Tails always wagging. So happy to see.

littlelady

God bless the USA

That is an awesome sentiment! We lost our dogs of 15 years 6 months apart in 2013, and are cats of 14 years in 2014, almost a year apart. It took me a long time to get over the loss of them. One thing I will recommend is not to have them euthanized at home. I thought it would be better to have Cookie (our first loss) euthanized at home for her comfort, but walking by the spot where she died, I think, prolonged the grieving process. The other three BFF's were taken to the vet. It is never easy. Hugs to all who have posted in this thread. :huggy:

Edit: Also, it took me a while to bond with our Daisy that we got in 2015 because I was so attached to the other four, but now Daisy is the light of our life. She is a sweetheart. Life goes on.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living

:yay:

cricketmd

I LOVE this!! Thanks for sharing!! :huggy:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Woke up to a sad call today.
Just short of her 10th birthday, one of the puppies has joined her mother at the bridge this morning.
Since she went to close friends, we were lucky enough to see her over the years.
Feel really bad for our friends. They loved and spoiled her the way every dog should be.
Though cut short, she had a great ten years with them and we couldn't have asked for much better.

Attachments

• 23 weeks 017.jpg
    23 weeks 017.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 548
  • 6th week 5 064.jpg
    6th week 5 064.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 501
  • puppies 1 002.jpg
    puppies 1 002.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 469

Roman

The only time dogs break our hearts is when the die. I am very sorry for you, and your friends loss.
Just short of her 10th birthday, one of the puppies has joined her mother at the bridge this morning.
Since she went to close friends, we were lucky enough to see her over the years.
Feel really bad for our friends. They loved and spoiled her the way every dog should be.
Though cut short, she had a great ten years with them and we couldn't have asked for much better.

luvmygdaughters

So sorry for you and your friends loss. Looked like such a sweet girl!!!!

littlelady

God bless the USA

So sorry, w r. Our pets are precious to us. It is extremely hard to lose them. Always, remember that you spread and shared the joy. :huggy:

Last edited: