Put to sleep or Novocain?

• Put to sleep

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Novocain

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

dustin

UAIOE
I only had locals. All four wisdom teeth at once. two needed just tugging. the other two needed to be broke up and then i had stitches in those. it wasnt that bad. drove myself home with a wad of gauze all around. i was SIQ for 2 days (that day and the next).

really the worst part was trying to eat without getting food in the holes.

camily

Peace
dustin said:
I only had locals. All four wisdom teeth at once. two needed just tugging. the other two needed to be broke up and then i had stitches in those. it wasnt that bad. drove myself home with a wad of gauze all around. i was SIQ for 2 days (that day and the next).

really the worst part was trying to eat without getting food in the holes.
Yes, I got dry sockets and it sucked! I had to have a syringe that I flushed the holes out with. Disgusting! Mine were wisdom teeth.

V

Vixen

I thought I handled the wisdom thingy pretty well. I had all 4 pulled at one time. My face was swollen for a few days and I did take Tylenol, but other than that, it was not that bad.

Then again, it was so long ago that time does heal the intensity of the pain. :shrug:

What I thought was absolutely vile was the way they do teeth implants. That is something I refuse to have done. There is a strong possibility they can crack/break/damage your sinus floor and/or jaw screwing that screw up in your jaw. :yikes:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Vixen said:
What I thought was absolutely vile was the way they do teeth implants. That is something I refuse to have done. There is a strong possibility they can crack/break/damage your sinus floor and/or jaw screwing that screw up in your jaw. :yikes:

I have Phase 2 done tomorrow.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Vixen said:
I thought I handled the wisdom thingy pretty well. I had all 4 pulled at one time. My face was swollen for a few days and I did take Tylenol, but other than that, it was not that bad.

Then again, it was so long ago that time does heal the intensity of the pain. :shrug:

I had the same experience. I didn't even want the codeine, and that was in my druggie days. Just a couple of tylenol and it was over. In fact, it hurt less than having my braces tightened.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Dede said:
Personally i like the gas, cant remember what its called....nitrous oxide??
Yep - good stuff. Dentist told me that if I didn't brush well, I'd have to keep coming back. Then he'd get me stoned out of my mind on the nitrous. Good Sh*t Maynard!

Dede

Go Jeff Gordon
It is good stuff, your mind in somewhere else, and you remember your mouth is being worked on, and ya say screw it, and go back to where your mind was before. lololol

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
MMDad said:
When I got my balls done (both sets) I was wide awake. There's nothing like smelling your own burning flesh.
:lol: I remember that. Lying there and all of a sudden it smells like somebody just threw a steak on the grill. I ask "Is that me I smell burning?"

Within a couple of months, 2 different guys at work had some minor stuff done, one got a shot in his toe and the other had cortision in his elbow, come up and say "you can't imagine a worse place to get a needle stuck in you".

Both agreed I had them beat :killingme

CMC122

Go Braves!
I was knocked out for my 4 wisdom teeth and I plan to be knocked out again next month for my Dental surgery then too:biggrin:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Novacain...

Vixen said:
Say you have to get one of your huge teeth in the back of your mouth removed, would you be put to sleep or just numbed with Novocain?

:tap:

...good enough. Easier recovery. Get to the Turkey sooner.

Had one pulled last year, legendary ugly tooth with sideways roots. (pic anyone?) He leveraged it out, like a claw hammer pulling a nail.

Depends on your pain threshold. If you won't be able to hold still and just take it, maybe getting gassed would be better? It's pretty quick if you can just suck it up for a minute or so.

Cheaper to.

mainman

Set Trippin
Vixen said:
Say you have to get one of your huge teeth in the back of your mouth removed, would you be put to sleep or just numbed with Novocain?

:tap:
I was supposed to have a tooth removed on Wednesday, in the same place you just described. Had they removed the tooth, I would have done novacain.

V

Vixen

RoseRed said:
No problems so far. I'll let you know the rest tomorrow. :yay:

:yay:

It is a fairly new procedure that seems to be more popular than ever before, so I would really like to hear a personal account of how it all turned out.

I'm at phase #2 on the bridge process, which is extract the tooth. I have to heal and take antibiotics for roughly 2-weeks, and then they will do a mold for the permanent bridge, once that comes in, they will put it in and I’m done.

I learned something new about a year ago, and that is that root canals will and do fail, and to have a root canal last nearly 15-years is considered very rare although the rate is getting better with new and improved procedures. They were surprised then that it didn't hurt or bother me because from the impression they got from the x-ray, I should have been in pain or at the very least, uncomfortable.

V

Vixen

mainman said:
I was supposed to have a tooth removed on Wednesday, in the same place you just described. Had they removed the tooth, I would have done novacain.

I was given 2-options. Southern Maryland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center (Dr. Heffron, Schwarts, Ismaili and Knight) or Chesapeake Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center (Dr. Zabigalski).

I have come to the conclusion that that is the biggest tooth in my mouth. :lmao: So it figures.

It also figures that this poll would be tied. 1/2 saying one thing and the other 1/2 going with the other option.

mainman

Set Trippin
Vixen said:
I was given 2-options. Southern Maryland Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center (Dr. Heffron, Schwarts, Ismaili and Knight) or Chesapeake Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Center (Dr. Zabigalski).

I have come to the conclusion that that is the biggest tooth in my mouth. :lmao: So it figures.

It also figures that this poll would be tied. 1/2 saying one thing and the other 1/2 going with the other option.
I was only given one option... Get your blood pressure lower or we aint pulling that tooth....:ohwell:

V

Vixen

mainman said:
I was only given one option... Get your blood pressure lower or we aint pulling that tooth....:ohwell:

:ohwell: That is not good. You need to get that taken care of. You have too much to be around for.