Question for guys

mitzi

Opinions please. I'm not stressed about this or even give 2 craps to be honest, but just curious. I was asked me out about year and a half ago. We went for coffee & lunch a few times. Then he doesn't call anymore. No biggie. When I do run into him, he asks if I would want to go out again. He'll call and says he'll call in a few day so we can get together. Again, no call. This has happened a few times with this guy. NOW, he called out of the blue (I haven't even run into him since early summer) & asked if I would still be interested in doing things with him. WTH.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NOW, he called out of the blue (I haven't even run into him since early summer) & asked if I would still be interested in doing things with him. WTH.

to be blunt ...... sloppy 2nds. or 3rd's or ..... you get the point

he might be interested, but there was always something else to chase down 1st ... now that all those possibilities have not worked ...

mamatutu

mama to two
to be blunt ...... sloppy 2nds. or 3rd's or ..... you get the point

he might be interested, but there was always something else to chase down 1st ... now that all those possibilities have not worked ...

I think that was a compliment to mitzi in a roundabout way. :lol: That makes sense. He is finding out there is nothing out there as great as mitzi, and keeps coming back. Mitzi should only put up with this behavior for so long.

Good luck, mitzi! We all deserve to be happy in life, and are truly blessed when we find the right SO.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
He sounds like a flake.

So what'd you tell him when he called and asked if you wanted to do things with him?

mitzi

He sounds like a flake.

So what'd you tell him when he called and asked if you wanted to do things with him?

I told him I would have let him know. He caught me off guard and I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not. He has had a lot of serious health issues so I always took that into consideration. My attitude now is, don't call me 6 months later with the reason you didn't get back to me before. Personally I'm one for getting back with people and being considerate. I'm not going (if he calls again :killingme), just not sure whether to tell him why or just ignore the call. This "dating" sh*t sucks.

mitzi

Honestly! Just wondering what the reasoning is behind this from a guy's point of view. I'm not much into this dating thing anymore, it's more of a PITA than anything else at this point.

mitzi

I think that was a compliment to mitzi in a roundabout way. :lol: That makes sense. He is finding out there is nothing out there as great as mitzi, and keeps coming back. Mitzi should only put up with this behavior for so long.

Good luck, mitzi! We all deserve to be happy in life, and are truly blessed when we find the right SO.

I don't know if that was compliment or not :killingme I'm not his sloppy 2nd or 3rd that's for sure. Thanks for the kind words mamatutu.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It's only dinner, breakfast, or lunch.

Enjoy the adventure.

Who knows where it may lead.
No guts, no glory

acommondisaster

If you don't like this dating stuff, just consider him your practice guy. Besides, you never know who he might introduce you to.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
I know that my life has been turbulent and that as soon as I make plans, something happens to scrap them. But if I make arrangements for a date, I do everything I can to make sure I follow through with it. NOT easy sometimes. The issue of following up with phone calls and explanations is as difficult to do sometimes, but I do it anyway. I can see where a guy would not follow through if he is a bit of a flake, as has been said here.

But if he's that busy, one has to wonder if he has a future with anyone. Relationships should entail focused time and energy, which are applied because of strong feelings of attraction and admiration.

Anyway, I can see that life dynamics could cause what you've experienced (and a lady could have the same difficulties this guy apparently has - I've seen it before), sad but true. IMHO it's just a sign that for whatever reason the connection isn't meant to be made right now.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm not much into this dating thing anymore, it's more of a PITA than anything else at this point.

you should come to the meet and greets on Friday nights ..... it worked out for Bann ... she was not looking :buddies: