Question for show people?

mingiz

Horse Poor
Winn Dixie said:
We're just going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I stand by my premise, prejudice is prejudice no matter how you try to disguise it. I've been at the wrong end of the conversation enough to appreciate how it feels to be put into a category and it isn't pleasant. Bring on the red, I'm not defensive and ultra sensitive, I'm just expressing my opinion as a person of diverse ethic origin.

It's fine to express your opinion but everyone gets tired of hearing the diverse ethic origin complaining of thier opinions.. Get over it. Who cares

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
Pasofever said:
Last year at the nationals there was a big fight..bunch of druken guys not sure what it was over...dont understand spanish but it was a big deal to them... :lmao:
Why Paso you know it was over you dressed in your be-u-t-ful purple dress...They were all a wanton you :whistle:

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
mingiz said:
It's fine to express your opinion but everyone gets tired of hearing the diverse ethic origin complaining of thier opinions.. Get over it. Who cares

:smack: Those of us who truly are of diverse ethnic origin care, that's who. :buttkick: Now I have never been one to "play the race card" but it is pitiful that people like you think it's funny or that we should just "get over it".

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Winn Dixie said:
:smack: Those of us who truly are of diverse ethnic origin care, that's who. :buttkick: Now I have never been one to "play the race card" but it is pitiful that people like you think it's funny or that we should just "get over it".

WD, don't you think it's the intent of a statement that makes a difference. I don't believe there was any malice (sp??) intended here towards anyone or race. JMO!!

fredsaid2

Winn Dixie said:

Maybe the idea is - this is the horse forum and we'd prefer to talk about equines. Now if I said something like, 'all Arabs are crazy' we could discuss my prejudice and actually be in the correct forum....

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
fredsaid2 said:
Maybe the idea is - this is the horse forum and we'd prefer to talk about equines. Now if I said something like, 'all Arabs are crazy' we could discuss my prejudice and actually be in the correct forum....

I love "Crazy arabs"...except for the ones with car bombs taped to them. :killingme

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
persimmoncf said:
I love "Crazy arabs"...except for the ones with car bombs taped to them. :killingme
OMG!!! I would of never thought I would hear you say that :buttkick: you go directly to your room and the big bad guy in the orange vest will be in to give you a talkin too.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
SouthernMdRocks said:
WD, don't you think it's the intent of a statement that makes a difference. I don't believe there was any malice (sp??) intended here towards anyone or race. JMO!!

Any statement promoting prejudice is a statement best left unstated, regardless of it's intent. If I called someone a horrible racist name the effect would be the same no matter what my intent. You can only truly understand if you or those you love have actually been the recipient of such statements.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
fredsaid2 said:

Yeah them Camel Jockeys are nuts...dont tell Persimmon I said that... :lmao:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Pasofever said:
Yeah them Camel Jockeys are nuts...dont tell Persimmon I said that... :lmao:

:smack: Hey Paso...Warlock aint no camel and I wish I was light enough to be a jockey :razz: But he is a CRAZY ARAB and I love him to pieces.

fredsaid2

persimmoncf said:

There you go. She loves crazy Arabs, chose NOT to take it as an offensive statement and the forum moves on. :howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Winn Dixie said:

Let me set this straight. I by far am not a racist person. I try to get along with everyone reguardless. If you knew me you would see it. Personally I don't give a rats butt what you think of me. It's the people that throw the racist cards out are the ones that make people perjudice. So keep this forum about horses and not politics.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Sooooo how about those schooling shows!? It never ceases to amaze me how far off topic this forum can get on almost any topic. I grew up riding Hunt Seat, Saddle Seat, Western, and some dressage. I had a pony once who racked at the trot, but that is the little bit I know about gaited horses. My mom still does competitive trail riding, so I know a little about that too. Anyway, I feel best equipped to put on a decent schooling hunter show. I wouldn't mind combining it with a Western ring, but I would prefer having judges that are experts in there feilds and not a western/english judge who sways to one discipline style over another. I wouldn't mind putting on other shows for different breeds or disciplines but then I feel like a fish out of water and I would need ALOT of help finding proper judges and people to attend. Are there any Hunter/jumper people on this forum that would be interested in a schooling show in late Jan. early Feb. ? If so... I will get busy, if not, I won't waste my time.

Last edited:
K

Katie

Yeah it went off topic pretty fast!

A schooling hunter show would be fun. I have a leased horse I might want to show at it.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Well I guess i'm not 'ethnic' enough to understand or appreciate it when people throw down the race card, ESPECIALLY when it was completely, absolutely unintended. It's obvious to me WD has NEVER been to a paso show, or she/he'd know EXACTLY what i'm referring too.

The Paso IS Spanish in origin, and the vast majority of show folks ARE Mexican, and DO speak Spanish...and YES there is a LOT of Tequila consumed, based on the number of bottles sitting around in the isle where their horses are stalled. Nothing racist about making these observations. They are merely observations, no slanderous intent at all.

BTW, I'm just a plain 'ole American girl, plain as apple pie...with a little Black Irish and German thrown in for good measure. Nothing ETHNIC there 'eh?

I apoligize if you mistook my statements as racist or insulting. With that said, until you have walked a day in my wooden clogs, don't even think you know me or my intent. If you Did, you'd NEVER have read racism into my statement. It ain't there, for reasons i don't care to disclose on a public forum.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Wow....I look red now, and I never tried to generalize anyone. Oh well. Some people are full of hate and discontent and I can't stop them. Peace and love and all of that.....hehehe Good night!

Sparks

Hope none of you go see the movie Borat..... :popcorn:

Back to schooling shows, anyone been to the schooling show at Hidden Springs Stables in Lothian?