Question for show people?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Seahorse3 said:
How 'bout an English judge who actually shows respect to the exhibitors and stands IN the ring rather than sittin' in a chair outside the ring? I don't get why the Western judges are right out there where they belong, but the English types miss a lot of mistakes when they sit in a chair or in a judge's booth.

Well-organized shows so everything flows.
I have judged many schooling shows and shown in both schooling & rated shows for many years. I don't think it is showing respect for the exibitors to stand in the center or lack of respect to sit in the Judge's stand. I have also show Western and 4-H too. The rules in the 4-H and Western world seem to be a bit different than the Hunter world. In the Hunter ring it is perfectly acceptable to use all of your arena, inside and on the rail, circling when neccesary etc. In 4-H shows they pretty much expect you to just stay on the rail. In hunters shows for this reason it is not always as safe to stand in the arena. Plus the judges stand, allows you to see a better veiw of everyone (generally). When there is alloted time to talk to the riders and give helpful hints that is when I judge from the ring.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
March 3rd, snow date March 10th! I have an outline of probable classes including a seperate section & judge for 10 Western classes. I will actually advertise the show in February closer to the actual date. I think it is too early now. If anyone wants to see the probable class list they can PM me. I am still seeking suggestions and still can make some changes. If this show tanks I will not be wasting anymore time trying to put one on, so we need support! I think SMHA begins the last week of March. I wanted to have a schooling show before then. Hopefully it won't be freezing.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Hey got my Prize List for March 3rd Schooling Show @ Holly Point. It looks great and I will try to get some of my student there!!! The Hunter Division look like a great warm-up for the show season. If you have a good turn out do you think and Winter Schooling Series might be a option for next winter???

FrmGrl

Get some!
I am going too. I talked to the person running it and she said if there was enough support that they would start a winter series with a banquet, but if the show bombs then she wasn't holding anymore. It would be great to have a decent show close by. I hope there is good weather and that people come out to support it. It will be nice to have a warm-up for SMHA & MSA. My horse will be fuzzy though. Oh Well.

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
FrmGrl said:
I am going too. I talked to the person running it and she said if there was enough support that they would start a winter series with a banquet, but if the show bombs then she wasn't holding anymore. It would be great to have a decent show close by. I hope there is good weather and that people come out to support it. It will be nice to have a warm-up for SMHA & MSA. My horse will be fuzzy though. Oh Well.

:howdy: FrmGrl and Sadielady , It was nice meeting you today I hope to have another horse by then and maybe my daughter and I can join you in WP ..

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
BZHorseMomE said:
Hey got my Prize List for March 3rd Schooling Show @ Holly Point. It looks great and I will try to get some of my student there!!! The Hunter Division look like a great warm-up for the show season. If you have a good turn out do you think and Winter Schooling Series might be a option for next winter???

They are having a show the same day as FI farm? How odd...Can you post a flyer please.

FrmGrl

Get some!
TotalControl said:
:howdy: FrmGrl and Sadielady , It was nice meeting you today I hope to have another horse by then and maybe my daughter and I can join you in WP ..
Nice meeting you too!!! Wish it was warmer!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Pasofever said:
They are having a show the same day as FI farm? How odd...Can you post a flyer please.
I did that, but it wasn't intentional. I even went to AMIT to make sure I wasn't conflicting dates with anyone else, and no one said anything on-line either when I was planning. We have it advertised in the Equiery already so I can't change the date. If the weather is bad then we will hold it the next weekend. If you PM me I can send you the most updated class list. We will advertise soon and take show bills to the local tack stores and barns that I know of in the area. Hopefully they will update their web site soon and the show bill can be downloaded from there.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Remember that the class list that I e-mailed to certain people was NOT FINALIZED. Changes have definitely been made. I actually still have a few changes to make, but the actual class list should be complete. I will send you an updated copy tonight if you have e-mailed me for the class list. I guess that could be a potential disaster, having non-finalized versions floating around. The final version will have the liabilty form on the back of the class list. I have not sent any finalized copies out yet. Now I am worried. :) Live & learn.

K

KerryAnn1

Sadielady said:
I did that, but it wasn't intentional. I even went to AMIT to make sure I wasn't conflicting dates with anyone else, and no one said anything on-line either when I was planning. We have it advertised in the Equiery already so I can't change the date. If the weather is bad then we will hold it the next weekend. If you PM me I can send you the most updated class list. We will advertise soon and take show bills to the local tack stores and barns that I know of in the area. Hopefully they will update their web site soon and the show bill can be downloaded from there.
It sure looks intentional...I know that Holly Point is close to Flat Iron...why in the world would you not find out the shows in the area BEFORE you schedule your own? Seems like the horse community is smaller here than what I am used to, just seems like a low blow to Flat Iron. I have Flat Iron's Prize list and it has been put out since November...so the dates were most likely out and about for awhile. Sorry to call you out, but it just seems like HPEC is doing something "intentional". No worries, I talked to Julie and she is not concerned at all with attendance or the HPEC show. I just thought that I would stick up for her- just doesn't seem right.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Well I hate to take "personal offense" to your statement, but I do. This very thread was started on 11/10/06 in the planning for a schooling show.Not one person during the planning said anything about Flat Iron having a show in early March. I went over to "A Moment in Time" and talked to the owner who is knowledgeable about show schedules in the area because he puts on his own show series and he was not aware of any conflicts. I have put ALOT of time and effort into this show already and the only profits I will see from this show is the schooling fees that my students pay me at any show. I am doing this Voluntarily because I would like to have a decent show in the area. I have no problem with Julie personally. Any problems with HPEC and her should have nothing to do with me. My students have supported her shows and even when I was told that she would not allow her students to support HPEC shows (by one of her students) I did not take it personally. On the other hand I still do not expect that she will send any of her students to any of Holly Points shows no matter what the date is, and that is her choice. The vast majority of the people who attend Flat Iron's shows are people who take lessons their. I don't feel like we would be losing many participants due to the conflict or that her show would suffer due to our show. If you are trying to have a problem with someone then blame me and not Holly Point. I am the one who has organized the show. I am a private instructor that works there and not an employee of HPEC. I am certain I will see red for this one!

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Show Dates

You know what maybe it will snow on March 3rd and there won't be conflict after all. :lmao: Honestly I applaud anyone who is trying to make more functions available to fellow equestrians and putting in alot of hard work. It seems to me that these two shows are catering to different levels of riding so I don't see where the problem is. For so long we haven't had much in the way of shows to choose from in So. MD during the WINTER months. So it's nice to now have a choice. I could see if these were pointed shows, but were talking schooling shows.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
:howdy: Hi Sadielady...It was an honor to meet you and Farmgirl the other day. I understand I may be seeing you again on Friday. Oh and I LOVE your new avatar!