Question for show people?

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Sparks said:
Hope none of you go see the movie Borat..... :popcorn:

Back to schooling shows, anyone been to the schooling show at Hidden Springs Stables in Lothian?
No. Where is Lothian? I heard that Borat was funny, but then again I was forced to go see Jackass 2. It was stupid, but I had to laugh anyway. Back to shows. Did you like that Schooling show? What did you like about it? I don't understand the whole Karma thing. I am back to Green. What happened to my Red?

K

Katie

Sadielady said:
No. Where is Lothian? I heard that Borat was funny, but then again I was forced to go see Jackass 2. It was stupid, but I had to laugh anyway. Back to shows. Did you like that Schooling show? What did you like about it? I don't understand the whole Karma thing. I am back to Green. What happened to my Red?

You were given positive karma.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I just learned how to read the Karma. If I learn something new everyday I have met my quota. I also learned that someone thinks I gave them bad Karma. Hello...I am not that computer savvy. I also found out that some of you are NOT very nice. Thanks goodness there are some of you I enjoy reading your educated comments. I bet I will see red on this one. And I like gay people just fine. Silly people.....some of you. I am going to ride and have a beautiful day because I have a great job.

Sparks

Sadielady said:

FWIW - I thought it really sucked.

Lothian in just outside of Upper Marlboro on Rt. 4 headed away from DC. South?

I haven't been to that show, wanted to know if anyone else had been.

Winn Dixie

Song of the South
happyappygirl said:
Well I guess i'm not 'ethnic' enough to understand or appreciate it when people throw down the race card, ESPECIALLY when it was completely, absolutely unintended. It's obvious to me WD has NEVER been to a paso show, or she/he'd know EXACTLY what i'm referring too.

The Paso IS Spanish in origin, and the vast majority of show folks ARE Mexican, and DO speak Spanish...and YES there is a LOT of Tequila consumed, based on the number of bottles sitting around in the isle where their horses are stalled. Nothing racist about making these observations. They are merely observations, no slanderous intent at all.

BTW, I'm just a plain 'ole American girl, plain as apple pie...with a little Black Irish and German thrown in for good measure. Nothing ETHNIC there 'eh?

I apoligize if you mistook my statements as racist or insulting. With that said, until you have walked a day in my wooden clogs, don't even think you know me or my intent. If you Did, you'd NEVER have read racism into my statement. It ain't there, for reasons i don't care to disclose on a public forum.

:biteme: :smack:

Eventer29

If you hold them (schooling hunter/jumper shows) we will come!! I have students looking for classes anywhere from 18"-3'. I personally prefer schooling jumper classes, sis and i wouldnt mind classes going up to 3'6-4'. BTW where will these shows be held? lol hmm might need to know that before i commit myself to going. Would be nice to have a schooling show where entry fees stayed near or under $10 per class...i think more than that gets a lil nutty for schooling shows..and I AM aware they cost money to run...been there done that

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
The show would be held in Leanordtown. I need a couple of months to prep...ribbons, a judge, cards, numbers, etc. How many of you would like jumper classes? I didn't know we had many jumper people around here. If we don't have many people that are willing to jump 3'6 - 4' would you be willing to compete at that height (so you can school) and let others jump at 3' or even 2'6 to have some competition? It is only a schooling show. I think I can keep classes around $10. Overnight stabling will be difficult but possible (I think). I better get busy and I will let you guys critique the classes when I have come up with a class list. Would you prefer to ride early or afternoon?

Eventer29

Id be happy with any kind of jumper classes..even if they were 2'6-3'ish. We mostly do low level eventing, so schooling jumper classes are kind of practice for stadium. But we do like to go to schooling jumper shows as well. Even hunter classes from 2'- 3' I would enjoy. If you dont have anyone else willing to go higher than 3' thats totally ok.
Of course Id prefer not getting up early to ride, but will make do. I think most places that have flat and jumping tend to do the flat classes first, then jumping. With hauling students and green horses id rather not have to be at a show before 9.

K

Katie

Eventer29 said:
Id be happy with any kind of jumper classes..even if they were 2'6-3'ish. We mostly do low level eventing, so schooling jumper classes are kind of practice for stadium. But we do like to go to schooling jumper shows as well. Even hunter classes from 2'- 3' I would enjoy. If you dont have anyone else willing to go higher than 3' thats totally ok.
Of course Id prefer not getting up early to ride, but will make do. I think most places that have flat and jumping tend to do the flat classes first, then jumping. With hauling students and green horses id rather not have to be at a show before 9.

Heck I do flat classes and I hate to be at a show before 9 am. :lmao: I am SO not a morning person.

Eventer29

lol With eventing and some of the schooling jumper shows we do, sometimes its up at 5 pack up drive 2+hours to be there at 8-8:30.yuuuck!! Ya do what ya gotta do! I dont midn getting up, long as theres a good reason, and about the only "good reason" there is is going to a show!

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I was thinking a 9 AM start to give time for open schooling. I am thinking of having ticketed schooling (free with entries) for safety. I guess I could start with the lower divisions and work my way up. I am almost done I think. It is hard to get anything done trying to take care of children. :)

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
I think that we need an "Extreme Cowboy Race" hosted in our area...but more like and "Extreme Equestrian Challange". For those of you who have watched it on RFDTV.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
persimmoncf said:
I think that we need an "Extreme Cowboy Race" hosted in our area...but more like and "Extreme Equestrian Challange". For those of you who have watched it on RFDTV.

:howdy: I think I remember Mingiz talking to Maxwell Hall about doing something like that there. That would be alot of fun and a great change of pace.

Seahorse3

How 'bout an English judge who actually shows respect to the exhibitors and stands IN the ring rather than sittin' in a chair outside the ring? I don't get why the Western judges are right out there where they belong, but the English types miss a lot of mistakes when they sit in a chair or in a judge's booth.

Well-organized shows so everything flows.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Seahorse3 said:
How 'bout an English judge who actually shows respect to the exhibitors and stands IN the ring rather than sittin' in a chair outside the ring? I don't get why the Western judges are right out there where they belong, but the English types miss a lot of mistakes when they sit in a chair or in a judge's booth.

Well-organized shows so everything flows.

YEAH good question...and the skirt and the hat thing going on when the western judge is out there with boots getting burnt up..

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
If you are running the show like a Hunter Show the Jumping class should go first and the hack class last. Would love to see some Equitation class too. Will you have a complete jump course or just a two jump type hack class?

fredsaid2

Seahorse3 said:

You would want a judge standing in the ring while you're jumping a course?? Even in a hack class their back would be to most exhibitors inside the ring. I think the judge would have a better vantage point elevated outside the ring. They're always going to miss something, you learn to take advantage of that. They can only judge what they see.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
mygoldnhorse said:
:howdy: I think I remember Mingiz talking to Maxwell Hall about doing something like that there. That would be alot of fun and a great change of pace.
Me-N-RC are IN if ya'll want to do it, and what a terrific draw for Maxwell Hall!! We even have the heavy equipment to help with building the course!!! And Boy does RC like to move the earth with his big boy tonka toys. :biggrin:

SO where do we go from here? I think it would be a terrific draw for Maxwell hall, that way folks could do the course if they wanted too, whenever they wanted too with a membership. I would even be willing to contact the fellow who does it on RFDTV for some advice, i bet he'd love the exposure!! And we would get it too!! Maybe even some funding as in a sponsorship to help get it set up!!

maybe even host an "Extreme Cowboy" day, if SMTR would like to particpate like a judged trail ride....OhHH the possibilities are Endless! I'm getting excited!

Last edited:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
happyappygirl said:
Me-N-RC are IN if ya'll want to do it, and what a terrific draw for Maxwell Hall!! We even have the heavy equipment to help with building the course!!! And Boy does RC like to move the earth with his big boy tonka toys. :biggrin:

SO where do we go from here? I think it would be a terrific draw for Maxwell hall, that way folks could do the course if they wanted too, whenever they wanted too with a membership. I would even be willing to contact the fellow who does it on RFDTV for some advice, i bet he'd love the exposure!! And we would get it too!! Maybe even some funding as in a sponsorship to help get it set up!!

maybe even host an "Extreme Cowboy" day, if SMTR would like to particpate like a judged trail ride....OhHH the possibilities are Endless! I'm getting excited!

Wow, I love seeing you so pumped-up. You are a pistol. OK, make it happen girl.