Question for the Men!

Poohhunny1605

Larry Gude said:
...where the hell do you meet these clowns? Every guy I know looks at pregnant women, who are not their wife, instantly, as holy ground, as 'mom', not as a potential POA.

WTF?

Just to clear up the matter that I did call him a few times, but most of the time it was him calling or texting me. I maybe called him 5 times in a 2 week period, just because, like I said, he ALWAYS beat me to it. I would text him a few times a day just to say hey, but I didn't want to come out like I wanted more from him and give him the wrong idea of what the situation would be.

I have met these men out, yes I am pregnant, but no I'm not like huge and my stomach doesn't poke out like other women. So, I guess they get the pregnant glow from me? I don't know, but when they ask me out I just shrug them off! Just so happens I was attracted to this one and thought maybe he would be a cool person to hang out w/and whatever happens, happens.

Thank you all for your opinions though! I appreciate it! :howdy:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's different...

vraiblonde said:
Shoot, Fred and I don't talk for weeks at a time and nobody stresses over it.

...you're long term friends.

If y'all 'hit it off', whatever she means by that, when you and Fred first met and he called every, day for two weeks, which indicates a specific kind of 'hit it off' in his actions and you never called him at all, he might start thinking there wasn't so much 'hitting it off' going on after all or that his idea of 'hit it off' and yours were...different.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Poohhunny1605 said:
Just to clear up the matter that I did call him a few times, but most of the time it was him calling or texting me. I maybe called him 5 times in a 2 week period, just because, like I said, he ALWAYS beat me to it. I would text him a few times a day just to say hey, but I didn't want to come out like I wanted more from him and give him the wrong idea of what the situation would be.

I have met these men out, yes I am pregnant, but no I'm not like huge and my stomach doesn't poke out like other women. So, I guess they get the pregnant glow from me? I don't know, but when they ask me out I just shrug them off! Just so happens I was attracted to this one and thought maybe he would be a cool person to hang out w/and whatever happens, happens.

Thank you all for your opinions though! I appreciate it! :howdy:

Where is your baby's Daddy?

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Larry Gude said:
...where the hell do you meet these clowns? Every guy I know looks at pregnant women, who are not their wife, instantly, as holy ground, as 'mom', not as a potential POA.

WTF?
Heck I see it as damage is done time for fun :lmao:

Poohhunny1605

RoseRed said:
Where is your baby's Daddy?

We had differences and decided to break up when I was 3 months pregnant. He basically goes to the doctors appointments and stuff and we leave it like that. We arn't necessarily friends, but we are on ok terms.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Dear pooh...

Poohhunny1605 said:
Just to clear up the matter that I did call him a few times,

...you said 'I never once called him texted him nothing'.

So, yeah, a little clearing up might help. I mean, this is a forum, not an in person conversation, so, what you write is what we read.

FWIW, any guy who wants to boink a pregnant woman is appealing far too much to his baser nature, like the lion who will kill his cubs; he needs some civilizing and is absolutely not a gentleman and he will NOT be good to your child assuming he hangs around any longer than the time it takes to plough you. You've been warned.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No...

briancpest said:
I just assume when I see a pregnant woman, she's taken, and is hands-off.

...she is with child, taken or not, and a civilized man is to see her with reverence, not lust.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Right...

Magnum said:
:lmao: Not saying I've done it but I know guys that look for that

...and I'm saying they are not house broken. They need some civilizing. I ain't no saint and I am very much a flawed man BUT a pregnant women who is not mine should not be an object of deisre to me. Or any other guy.

Call it a man rule.

Males may or may not be attracted. Men, at the very least keep their mouths shut and hands off. To me, it's always been automatic; not a turn on.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Poohhunny1605 said:
We had differences and decided to break up when I was 3 months pregnant. He basically goes to the doctors appointments and stuff and we leave it like that. We arn't necessarily friends, but we are on ok terms.

Will he pay child support or does he subscribe to JPCs School of the Illogical.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Larry Gude said:
...and I'm saying they are not house broken. They need some civilizing. I ain't no saint and I am very much a flawed man BUT a pregnant women who is not mine should not be an object of deisre to me. Or any other guy.

Call it a man rule.

Males may or may not be attracted. Men, at the very least keep their mouths shut and hands off. To me, it's always been automatic; not a turn on.
I've dated a girl with kids before... That will never happen again. Maybe it's just me but I have seen guys date pregnant girls and look for a relationship. To me thats crazy.

Poohhunny1605

RoseRed said:
Will he pay child support or does he subscribe to JPCs School of the Illogical.

Well at first when I told him I wanted him to cover just child care and nothing else he was ok with that until he found out child care will be running him about $700 a month(which I told him I wanted him to write out a money order directly to the child care provider). We had went out to dinner and discussed this and he screamed in the middle of Olive Garden about $700 and said he wasn't paying me shiat and don't expect a dime and stormed out of the restaurant.

At that point, I just called my lawyer and I'm going to let them do whatever they have to do. He is aware of the situation. I'm not here to screw anyone, I just want the child care taken care of? So, we shall see what happens

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It all depends...

Magnum said:
I've dated a girl with kids before... That will never happen again. Maybe it's just me but I have seen guys date pregnant girls and look for a relationship. To me thats crazy.

...I mean it is not impossible that they truly like and love the women and feel fraternal towards the child, but if they're there because there mindset is 'hey! no rubbers tonight!', then that's just being immature and, to me, uncivilized.

Poohhunny1605

Larry Gude said:
...I mean it is not impossible that they truly like and love the women and feel fraternal towards the child, but if they're there because there mindset is 'hey! no rubbers tonight!', then that's just being immature and, to me, uncivilized.

I have just made my decision by all the advice you guys have given, to just drop it. Like I said before I don't want any unwanted drama, but there have been a few people that I know that had something similar happen to them w/in the past couple months(and they are not pregnant), so I figured I'd ask the question in the matter of a man's opinion.

I was just curious? Not the first time it has happend to me, but I am the type of person that goes by the "it is what it is" theory like I said before. If you HAVE to hear from me every single day and HAVE to get text messages from me every single day, then you are not the guy for me! So like one of the posters said before about the "seat not ready for the azz" I agree totally! I don't need to be dating while I'm pregnant but I figured why not enjoy my last 6 months of freedom before my whole world changes. :shrug:

Last edited:

SamSpade

Larry Gude said:
...we can be just friends, but, if we have a thing for her, at all, it is, at the very least, in the back of our minds.

That was the gist of Harry's point in "When Harry Met Sally". He knew that a MAN could not be "just friends" with a woman he found attractive, and it didn't matter if she didn't reciprocate because "it was already 'out there' ". I have to admit, it was always hard for me to be just friends with a woman I was attracted to - but what hasn't been mentioned is, it's fairly easy to be friends with a woman you're not attracted to.