question from a confused pregnant woman

ll08

Ok I am having issues lol I am pregnant and didn't find out untill pretty far into my pregnancy. I am either 31 or 35 weeks along but I'm not sure cuz my lmp was in February which would make me due in November, but a sonogram said that I am due in December. Now obviously it isn't too big of a difference and the baby will come when he is ready BUT I have a history of having small babies and I feel like my body is preparing for labor and the doctors are still assuming I am 31 weeks. So they are talking about sending me to DC to deliver cuz st marys doesn't have a nic unit. I honestly believe I am due in November. So my question is how do I convince my doctor to double check my due date so that I won't be delivering a full term baby in DC when I don't have to? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am really freakin out about this and was wondering if anyone else had this problem... Thanks.

Cowgirl

Ok I am having issues lol I am pregnant and didn't find out untill pretty far into my pregnancy. I am either 31 or 35 weeks along but I'm not sure cuz my lmp was in February which would make me due in November, but a sonogram said that I am due in December. Now obviously it isn't too big of a difference and the baby will come when he is ready BUT I have a history of having small babies and I feel like my body is preparing for labor and the doctors are still assuming I am 31 weeks. So they are talking about sending me to DC to deliver cuz st marys doesn't have a nic unit. I honestly believe I am due in November. So my question is how do I convince my doctor to double check my due date so that I won't be delivering a full term baby in DC when I don't have to? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I am really freakin out about this and was wondering if anyone else had this problem... Thanks.

Have you talked to your doctor about it?

Hoover

Dear people I have never met on the internet,

I need advice about the welfare of my unborn child...

Again, I say stupid people should not breed!!!!!!!!!!! :cds:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
"Do you think you could double check my due date? Thanks!" :shrug:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Your best bet is to deliver in DC.... I had to drive an hour away to deliver my first child because he was born with a heart condition.

So you found out when you were 5 months pregnant? I know there is a certain point in your pregnancy that the OB can tell how far along you are through sonogram. My OB and I were discussing this last week.... it's a time where the fetus has developed the same (as far as gender, race, genetics, etc) across the board and that is a definite on how far along you are.... looks like you passed that. It's around 3 months where they can tell this.

ll08

:confused: Did she think she ate a watermelon seed that grew?

Ok wow. I was asking if anyone had been thru this not asking you people to see how far along I was. I have spoke to my doctor about this but like most doctors she acted like she was superior and told me not to worry, that the baby would come when he was ready. If you can't give a decent response to this post then please don't respond because all I am doing is asking a general question hoping that someone would have been there before. There is no need to be rude about it.

Cowgirl

I have spoke to my doctor about this but like most doctors she acted like she was superior and told me not to worry, that the baby would come when he was ready.

Sounds like you need to have a talk with your doctor or find a new one.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Ok wow. I was asking if anyone had been thru this not asking you people to see how far along I was. I have spoke to my doctor about this but like most doctors she acted like she was superior and told me not to worry, that the baby would come when he was ready. If you can't give a decent response to this post then please don't respond because all I am doing is asking a general question hoping that someone would have been there before. There is no need to be rude about it.

Please refer to post #10 when I explained why they can't be certain about your due date.... and you're welcome.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Good Lord.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Who is your doctor?

MissKitty

Sorry that you couldn't get a straight answer out of the Peanut Gallery on here. I had this EXACT same problem. I ended up having to go to tri-county animal shelter to recheck my due date. It was a last resort because the doctors were of no help around here but they got it exactly right. Good luck!

MissKitty

:clap: :yeahthat:

ll08

Please refer to post #10 when I explained why they can't be certain about your due date.... and you're welcome.

Thank you. I do appreciate your genuine response. That's the exact reason why I am not sure about my due date. I was already in my 2nd trimester when I found out and according to the babys size I'm due in December. My daughter was only four lbs 8 ounces when she was born at 37 weeks along. So I don't know if they can do another sono to see how developed his lungs and stuff are...

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Thank you. I do appreciate your genuine response. That's the exact reason why I am not sure about my due date. I was already in my 2nd trimester when I found out and according to the babys size I'm due in December. My daughter was only four lbs 8 ounces when she was born at 37 weeks along. So I don't know if they can do another sono to see how developed his lungs and stuff are...

You missed the point where they can tell where the fetus is for sure.

You should really talk to your Dr. or find another if you don't think you are being treated fairly.

Woah... woah.... woah. It seems it's not that you have a history of "small babies" but rather a history of premature delivery. That fully explains why they want you in a NIC hospital.