Rabbit

antwheat

I am the Decider!
I bet it's cheaper if you prepare it yourself. :shrug:

What is up with people on this forum??? I'm quite sure it is cheaper if I prepare it myself, but the season is only open for another month, so I'd like to know where I can BUY some after that...I just moved to the area.

Merlin99, thanks I'll keep Nicks in mind. I'd rather have them from a farm, but I'll take what I can get.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
What is up with people on this forum??? I'm quite sure it is cheaper if I prepare it myself, but the season is only open for another month, so I'd like to know where I can BUY some after that...I just moved to the area.

Merlin99, thanks I'll keep Nicks in mind. I'd rather have them from a farm, but I'll take what I can get.
Yes, the Amish on Thompsons Corner Road do.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Oh that's right Easter is coming. Got to have Easter Bunny for dinner, the kids love it!!! :killingme

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Easter might be cancelled this year.

Attachments

• Easter might be cancelled.jpg
    Easter might be cancelled.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 108

antwheat

I am the Decider!
Can you give us your best recipe for rabbit? I've seen them at Nick's and I've been tempted, but I have never eaten rabbit (as far as I know)

Well, you can cook rabbit just about any way that you cook chicken. It's a white meat and the tame rabbits are pretty tender (more so than wild rabbits from my experience). My favorite way to cook them is to fry it just like you would chicken. Season it up with a season salt, flour it (sometimes I dip it in egg first), and drop it in the pan. However, I've tried all different kinds of seasonings and broiled them, slow cooked them in a crockpot, lightly floured and seared them with a little oil then turn down the heat, add a bit of water, cover, and slow cook on the stove for about 45 minutes...etc If you want a bit more detail there a quite a few recipes on the net. Give it a try!

Wenchy

Hot Flash
Well, you can cook rabbit just about any way that you cook chicken. It's a white meat and the tame rabbits are pretty tender (more so than wild rabbits from my experience). My favorite way to cook them is to fry it just like you would chicken. Season it up with a season salt, flour it (sometimes I dip it in egg first), and drop it in the pan. However, I've tried all different kinds of seasonings and broiled them, slow cooked them in a crockpot, lightly floured and seared them with a little oil then turn down the heat, add a bit of water, cover, and slow cook on the stove for about 45 minutes...etc If you want a bit more detail there a quite a few recipes on the net. Give it a try!

Thanks!

I will definitely try (if it's cheaper than chicken)

Mdbtyhtr

My children used to love the Shake and bake BBQ style for Chicken and the Super Chickens with the bionic legs that I used to cook them. If they were aware that it was a Bunny, they never would have eaten it.

Scott

Beta84

They're out to get us
I was saying that when you buy them as pets, open season is more than just a month! :yahoo:

antwheat

I am the Decider!
I was saying that when you buy them as pets, open season is more than just a month! :yahoo:

I apologize Beta84...I misunderstood your post. The short time I've been on this board I've had a couple "run-ins"...

Last edited: