Racism at Target

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is the pure argon oil/sea kelp/shea butter hair treatment in the black lady hair care section, and the only thing similar in the white lady section contains a bunch of synthetic chemicals?

Lovely organic natural for the black ladies; and here you cracker trailer trash, have something with crap ingredients you can't pronounce that will kill your bebes.

I'm offended.

But glad I thought to go look for what I wanted in the ethnic aisle.

And, PS - segregation??? Really??? Not even a separate section, they stuck white hair care products in a whole different AISLE from the good stuff. That's just bull####.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Why is the pure argon oil/sea kelp/shea butter hair treatment in the black lady hair care section, and the only thing similar in the white lady section contains a bunch of synthetic chemicals?

Lovely organic natural for the black ladies; and here you cracker trailer trash, have something with crap ingredients you can't pronounce that will kill your bebes.

I'm offended.

And, PS - segregation??? Really??? Not even a separate section, they stuck white hair care products in a whole different AISLE from the good stuff. That's just bull####.

:lol:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Couple months ago, Target had some display on an end-cap in the beauty aisles...got all excited bc it was for all kinds of hair products for curly thick hair! Gorgeous curls! Tame that mane! Thick hair with waves! :yahoo: The girl in the poster had beautiful long, silky curls so my crazy-haired head skipped right on over and started exploring all these cool new options! (pretty advertising gets me every time!) Good thing I actually started reading the backs of all these products: they were all for "girls of ethnicity" :mad:

I'm not ethnic :frown: I felt like I couldn't use these products now :shrug: I take a closer look at the girl in the poster and realize she's an incredibly light-skinned "ethnic" girl (don't ask me what ethnicity). Now, I'm whiter than paper, and although my bubble-butt and wild hair has had me confused for "mixed" before, I can assure you...I am a sheltered little white girl from Connecticut.

Should I have just bought the product and seen what would have happened? More importantly, am I ALLOWED to buy it? I felt like putting the products back was a good choice bc when I went to all the check-out lines, all the cashiers were "ethnic" and I knew I'd be a part of some "crazy white girl" joke in the break-room soon enough.....:ohwell:

I'm still looking for products that actually work for my crazy hair :ohwell:

Couple months ago, Target had some display on an end-cap in the beauty aisles...got all excited bc it was for all kinds of hair products for curly thick hair! Gorgeous curls! Tame that mane! Thick hair with waves! :yahoo: The girl in the poster had beautiful long, silky curls so my crazy-haired head skipped right on over and started exploring all these cool new options! (pretty advertising gets me every time!) Good thing I actually started reading the backs of all these products: they were all for "girls of ethnicity" :mad:

I'm not ethnic :frown: I felt like I couldn't use these products now :shrug: I take a closer look at the girl in the poster and realize she's an incredibly light-skinned "ethnic" girl (don't ask me what ethnicity). Now, I'm whiter than paper, and although my bubble-butt and wild hair has had me confused for "mixed" before, I can assure you...I am a sheltered little white girl from Connecticut.

Should I have just bought the product and seen what would have happened? More importantly, am I ALLOWED to buy it? I felt like putting the products back was a good choice bc when I went to all the check-out lines, all the cashiers were "ethnic" and I knew I'd be a part of some "crazy white girl" joke in the break-room soon enough.....:ohwell:

Using non-nappy taming products on your nappy hair... ain't nobody got time for that...:nono: Use what would work best for you. They card for catnip but not for hair products. :yay:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Target has ethnic aisles? That is discriminatory.

Are there separate soaps and shampoos as well? Wouldn't that be "ethnic cleansing"?

I'd get obama and Holder on this right away.:killingme

Last edited:

aubriana

You should have just tried it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I bought a hair conditioner from that display that was too much for my white girl hair but it smelled wonderful. I gave it to a (white) friend with coarser hair and she loves it.

I don't know if they still make it but I used to use a deep conditioner called Queen Helene that was meant for black lady hair, but it was a fabulous frizz tamer as long as you rinsed really well.

mamaof1

Yes you should have bought them! I have tried samples of that curl creme they had and liked it. The only reason I don't use it now, is because I am using another product line I love. One n only Moroccan argan oil from Sally's beauty. (Love the curl cream) I have really curly, thick hair.

mitzi

I bought a hair conditioner from that display that was too much for my white girl hair but it smelled wonderful. I gave it to a (white) friend with coarser hair and she loves it.

I don't know if they still make it but I used to use a deep conditioner called Queen Helene that was meant for black lady hair, but it was a fabulous frizz tamer as long as you rinsed really well.

I use Queen Helene cocoa butter. Find it in the ethnic aisle.

GregV814

same thing in grocery stores!!!! why dey put green olives in clear glass but the black olives are put in cans???

mitzi

See??? All the good stuff is in the black lady section!

Check out black ladies skin. It's always so soft and smooth looking. Mine was beginning to look like alligator skin from sun, age, etc. I asked a friend of mine what she used on her skin, it was unbelievably soft. She wouldn't tell me :killingme

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm offended.

Before you panic, it's probably less than an eyedropper of each of those ingrediants and 99% lard.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I wonder if Walmart has the products intermingled.

nope!
I use "hair mayonaise" awesome protein and conditioner (which btw works lovely on my super duper fine, oily, not even close to ethnic hair) and I have to get it in the black hair care section. Good stuff and super cheap. and it smells so gooood.