Racism at Target

frequentflier

happy to be living
Late to the thread I know. Sorry.. just jumping around the forum.

I had used Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning back in the day. It was great, put it on then wrap my hair in a strip of saran wrap like a turban. Body heat helped to give a fantastic deep conditioning. Very much needed for the uniperm I had back then. Still a good way to condition, no matter what conditioner you use.

:coffee:

I bought some olive cholesterol conditioner and was unable to find the time to use it for a long deep conditioning but did use it in the shower yesterday. OMG, my hair is so soft and even shinier than usual.

Years ago, I remember my SIL wrapping her hair in saran after using mayonnaise; saying that the cholesterol helped her hair. She is weird and I thought it just sounded weird; like her! Should have listened to her!

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
I bought some olive cholesterol conditioner and was unable to find the time to use it for a long deep conditioning but did use it in the shower yesterday. OMG, my hair is so soft and even shinier than usual.

Years ago, I remember my SIL wrapping her hair in saran after using mayonnaise; saying that the cholesterol helped her hair. She is weird and I thought it just sounded weird; like her! Should have listened to her!

Glad to hear. I think I'll check out the olive one.

I have used mayo many times too over the years, all the right ingredients for healthy hair.I just found Queen Helene easier to apply and get out. BTW , often weird is a good thing. :)

frequentflier

happy to be living
Glad to hear. I think I'll check out the olive one.

I have used mayo many times too over the years, all the right ingredients for healthy hair.I just found Queen Helene easier to apply and get out. BTW , often weird is a good thing. :)

In my sister in laws case, not so much!

frequentflier

happy to be living
Yesterday at Giant, I picked up a 14 oz jar of 100% pure "LOUANA" coconut oil in the aisle with oils & crisco. It was under $4. It is solid; not oily. I took a long bath last night, used some afterwards. It was not heavy at all, had very little smell and felt good on my skin. It was less greasy than most skin lotions.
I'm hooked!

mitzi

Yesterday at Giant, I picked up a 14 oz jar of 100% pure "LOUANA" coconut oil in the aisle with oils & crisco. It was under $4. It is solid; not oily. I took a long bath last night, used some afterwards. It was not heavy at all, had very little smell and felt good on my skin. It was less greasy than most skin lotions.
I'm hooked!

That's exactly what I bought. The difference in my skin in the 5 or 6 days I've been using it is amazing. I'm hooked too, I don't think I'll spend the small fortune I've been spending on lotions again.
Thanks to whoever suggested this!