Racism at Target

mitzi

Since dry skin was a topic in this thread I need help. Nothing is helping. Cocoa butter, shea butter, oil, nothing. Stopped the hot showers, running humidifier. And the worst part is the "mid" section/waistline that's never exposed. It feels like my skin is crawling and driving me crazy!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since dry skin was a topic in this thread I need help. Nothing is helping. Cocoa butter, shea butter, oil, nothing. Stopped the hot showers, running humidifier. And the worst part is the "mid" section/waistline that's never exposed. It feels like my skin is crawling and driving me crazy!

I got some lemon cuticle butter at Lush - it's soft, creamy, and in a large tub. I wet my hands, then rub the butter in like lotion. Last night I also used it on my face before I went to bed. If it weren't so ridiculously expensive I'd use it all over my body.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Because of the influence of this thread, a few weeks ago, I went and bought a blow dryer and a special brush plus some argon oil (in the ethnic ladies section)

It would have been funny to videotape my clumsiness with the brush getting stuck in my hair and the lack of coordination with the blow dryer the first several times using them. I am slowly getting the hang of it. I would say my hair is a tad shinier than before but the most noticeable difference I see is how much more frequently my hair needs to be washed since I started using the argon oil and blow drying.

I did buy some cholesterol conditioner at the grocery store today.

inkah

Coconut oil (the hard white pure kind). Use it all over.

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...

Aveeno Oatmeal Bath

:coffee:

Last edited:

MarieB

Obviously you haven't seen any type of rash?

mamatutu

mama to two
I've never seen that but I'd like to try it. Where do they carry it?

I think Inkah is referring to the coconut oil you can get in the natural food aisle at the grocery store. We cook with it, but it has many uses. The brand Giant carries is Spectrum Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in a mason jar. I have used it for my skin, as well. It is about $10, but goes along way.

mitzi

I think Inkah is referring to the coconut oil you can get in the natural food aisle at the grocery store. We cook with it, but it has many uses. The brand Giant carries is Spectrum Organic Virgin Coconut Oil in a mason jar. I have used it for my skin, as well. It is about $10, but goes along way.

Thanks, I'll look for it.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

When I was in Hawaii, these guys showed us all kinds of things you could do with, and the benefits of, Coconut Oil/Milk.

IMG_3575.jpg
Someone has to go get them - we're lucky we can buy them in the store! :wink:

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

:jet:
Seriously though, Coconut oil and milk is amazing! It's not really all that hard to get it yourself. (Although, a strong guy might tackle cracking open the coconut better!)

Coconut Oil: Influencing Health and Spirit

mitzi

Coconut oil it is then! Will search for some while out today. Last night, I resorted to Banana Boat Deep Tanning Oil LOL. I did seem to help.

mitzi

Okay ladies. I got my coconut oil today. After a nice shower tonight and applying coconut oil I'll be ready for the skewer as if I'm at a luau.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay ladies. I got my coconut oil today. After a nice shower tonight and applying coconut oil I'll be ready for the skewer as if I'm at a luau.

Thanks for the reminder! I have coconut oil but it's in my pantry because I cook with it. Didn't occur to me to use it as a skin softener but I will try that this evening.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Thanks for the reminder! I have coconut oil but it's in my pantry because I cook with it. Didn't occur to me to use it as a skin softener but I will try that this evening.

If you wear this the next time I see you, I will come up and lick you for smelling like a Piña Colada.

mitzi

Someone on here suggested I look in the organic food section to find it. Use it sparingly, a little goes a long way.