Rain & Lots of It!

TPD

the poor dad
Would a weather station be a waste if my lot is covered and surrounded with trees?

As sneakers said, wind would be affected, but as long as you have a clear shot of the sky, rainfall and temperature would be ok. Just depends what you are after. I mainly need a record of rainfall for my crop insurance adjuster if I have a claim due to drought.

PeoplesElbow

As sneakers said, wind would be affected, but as long as you have a clear shot of the sky, rainfall and temperature would be ok. Just depends what you are after. I mainly need a record of rainfall for my crop insurance adjuster if I have a claim due to drought.
I dont need accurate rainfall but for me the weather station would just be a geek toy I'd want it to be. Looking at them online I'd also worry the pine needles and leaves could clog it up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I had almost 5" of rain overnight -

My yard here at National Harbor is a swamp
We had 2 or 3 storms come through ...
the one around 5 lasted at least an hour an a half
then one after 930 ... [ the damn weather alert woke me up ] - I don't know long it lasted

stgislander

PREMO Member
I hope it ends up being cool and not an extension of summer. I love everything about fall, the leaves, walking in the woods, the smell, the stars when it's cold out....I don't know why they're brighter but they are.
That's one thing I will not miss when we leave SoMD... summer.

PJay

I hope it ends up being cool and not an extension of summer. I love everything about fall, the leaves, walking in the woods, the smell, the stars when it's cold out....I don't know why they're brighter but they are.

Indian summer. Nothing like looking forward to Fall and summer continues. I love Spring and Fall. I do not miss the snow.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Got woken up around 2 from the storms. Watching it come down in buckets for quite awhile and the thunder and lightning seemed endless. It was kind of cool watching a bat in the middle of the craziness circling the street light. 🦇 :lol:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
We just had a bit of heavy rain, not anything of concern, but as it passed over onto the Eastern Shore, it sprouted tornado warnings.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What happened to all the rain that we are supposed to be getting today? Did we get it all last night?