Rain & Lots of It!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Enjoy today. Clear, cool, a nice change. I've already opened all the windows.
Good, at least when I have to slather my face with DEET to repel the mosquitoes, it won't automatically end up in my eyes from the sweat.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I get that. Getting sweat in my eyes drives me crazy. Lost my sweat band, keep forgetting to buy a new one.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I get that. Getting sweat in my eyes drives me crazy. Lost my sweat band, keep forgetting to buy a new one.
Any suggestions on where to get sweat bands? When you mix mosquito repellent with sweat, that crap really stings. I'm hoping Ace has Off! hose applicators. That will knock them way down for a few days so that I can get the yard in shape and work on the SUV.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Any suggestions on where to get sweat bands? When you mix mosquito repellent with sweat, that crap really stings. I'm hoping Ace has Off! hose applicators. That will knock them way down for a few days so that I can get the yard in shape and work on the SUV.
I'm thinking anywhere that sells any kind of athletic gear at all, even Target/WalMart, etc.... I'd suggest Dicks but I refuse to shop there.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Dicks has them in stock, curbside pickup, and fashion statement colors - navy, royal, red, orange, green, black. You could get one to match every outfit and what's even better is they tie and you will look like a pirate!
Arrrgh! I have 2 summer outfits. The only difference is one shirt is black, while the other is blue. I've been going the bandana route, but I'm looking for something more absorbent. Do you know if Dick's also carries eye patches?

stgislander

PREMO Member
I hope this nice breeze keeps up for at least couple hours (days would be better). It will help dry up my yard. I've got some holes to dig later this week.

PJay

Falls coming baby. Forty degree nights, sixty degree days, sleeping with the windows open, flannel pajamas, little kalua in the coffee at 3 am....

Yes! Yes! You are right!! :smooch:

Weather person says arrives for us next week! So excited!:starcat:

Let's see, gotta dig out my flannels, and, and..oh so much will want to do..like open all the windows and turn the whole house fan on..oh its going to be great!!!!

Grumpy

I had almost 5" of rain overnight - it rained camels and elephants from about 12:30-3:30 this morning! And I don't think it's done for the day yet.

It was about that time when all hell broke loose at my house. I can't remember a t-storm sitting on top of me for that length of time, it was FLASH!!BOOM!! for 30 minutes. Lightning strike blew breakers, fried 2 TVs, totally hosed modem, phones. Son had a metal detector turn on on its own. Funny, the one cheap TV not on a surge protector is fine. Discovered my work laptop was fried when I had to come to office to work yesterday. It had been powered off but on a surge protector. Luckily, IT was able to swap the HD to another like model. Of course, I set up an appt. with Comcast for Sunday 2-4...and of course they didn't show..and now I have an appt. for tomorrow (Wednesday). Won't go into the conversation about the missed appt., basically boiled down to you didn't show up but you refuse to make it a priority to move me to the top of your list even tho I have no TV, no internet, no phone..

Hijinx

Well the grass is so thick it never dries even if it isn''t raining and it needs cutting twice a week now, the mosquito's will carry you away, and my feet are wet most of the day. I never saw it like this in August. When the wire grass is drowning things have gotten out of hand. The zero turn mower is nice but it get stuck easily.