Raised Itchy Welts?

DEEKAYPEE8569

What is it that causes raised itchy welts? About 4-6" long average.....
Fleas leave little red bites. THESE things; the 4-6" raised itchy welts, I've seen before; but can't remember what causes them.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Well.....hives are like a rash. THESE things are like a parasite (ie: flea) burrowed under the skin and they have forged a path.

There are what amounts to two straight lines about 4-5" long.....or whatever I said before; one on the left side; about kidney level and the same on the right side.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Well.....hives are like a rash. THESE things are like a parasite (ie: flea) burrowed under the skin and they have forged a path.

There are what amounts to two straight lines about 4-5" long.....or whatever I said before; one on the left side; about kidney level and the same on the right side.

Probably chiggers.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Inject Bleach??

Yup, chiggers. You can inject some bleach under the skin and that will knock them clear out.

Okay......OW! Seriously? INJECTING bleach? I've never heard of doing that.

What about simply applying alcohol, say, after a hot shower; or I've even heard using Listerine. :shrug:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
THAT'S the one I couldn't think of.....chiggers.

I've had them bite me many times and now is the time of the year they start emerging in droves. Ugh.

The best thing I've found for itch relief is a combo: take an antihistamine like Benadryl, then soak in a bath infused with Aveeno Soothing Bath Treatment (with collodial oatmeal), and finally dry off and apply a hydrocortisone cream over the bites.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Chiggers do not burrow in skin.

To the OP -- bleach on your skin will do more harm than good.

That is true.

Old myth about putting fingernail polish on them to suffocate them.

They actually bite you fall off and die.
The itch is from the saliva that was left behind.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Chiggers do not burrow in skin.

Correct. They're like mosquitoes in they pierce the skin and inject something into your skin (enzymes) that causes the itch but unlike ticks or other creatures do not permanently attachment themselves or burrow under the skin.