Raised Itchy Welts?

Roman

rash

Well.....hives are like a rash. THESE things are like a parasite (ie: flea) burrowed under the skin and they have forged a path.

There are what amounts to two straight lines about 4-5" long.....or whatever I said before; one on the left side; about kidney level and the same on the right side.

Is it painful? It could be Shingles. If that's the case, you need to go to the Doctor to get on medication so it doesn't get worse.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Is it painful? It could be Shingles. If that's the case, you need to go to the Doctor to get on medication so it doesn't get worse.

No, they don't "hurt." They ITCH LIKE A MUTHA!

I used to get them quite often as a child playing outside all day when spring "sprung." They usually coincided with the pollen outbreak. Pollen kicks my a** every year, so I'm guessing these things are somehow associated with the onset of spring. :shrug:
Ah well.....hot showers and akkie-hall rub, I guess. At least they might quit itchin'.

jrt_ms1995

If it's 4-6 inches long, it's not chiggers (unless they're mutated Godzilla chiggers). Where are they? Pressure areas like your waistband?

Okay, finally saw "kidney area".

Last edited:

DEEKAYPEE8569

Correct. They're like mosquitoes in they pierce the skin and inject something into your skin (enzymes) that causes the itch but unlike ticks or other creatures do not permanently attachment themselves or burrow under the skin.

I know the science behind skeeter bites. When they bite they inject a numbing agent/anti-coagulant so they can feed. THAT is what triggers the histimine effect and the itching and swelling. The reason you feel them when they "bite" is because of their stingers with which they feed......liiiiitle tiny needlez.

DEEKAYPEE8569

If it's 4-6 inches long, it's not chiggers (unless they're mutated Godzilla chiggers). Where are they? Pressure areas like your waistband?

Okay, finally saw "kidney area".

But I don't "Urkel" MY pants THAT high. My "food belly" pushes 'em down to my hips./:-\

Katelin

one day the dark will end
Well.....hives are like a rash. THESE things are like a parasite (ie: flea) burrowed under the skin and they have forged a path.

There are what amounts to two straight lines about 4-5" long.....or whatever I said before; one on the left side; about kidney level and the same on the right side.

Skin worms looking for a way out now that spring is here...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
No, they don't "hurt." They ITCH LIKE A MUTHA!

I used to get them quite often as a child playing outside all day when spring "sprung." They usually coincided with the pollen outbreak. Pollen kicks my a** every year, so I'm guessing these things are somehow associated with the onset of spring. :shrug:
Ah well.....hot showers and akkie-hall rub, I guess. At least they might quit itchin'.

Have you been walking in any wooded areas??

I get that on my legs from the greenbriar in the woods around my house. I don't know if it comes in contact with poison ivy, then I get scratched, but it looks like a long line of a poison ivy bllister.

Katt

try cool compresses, (or shower) to calm the reaction down, medicated powder and benedryl pills. Then go to bed and sleep it off. If it's an antihistamine reaction, that might help. If it doesn't get better after a few days, see a doc. :flowers:

PrepH4U

Skin worms looking for a way out now that spring is here...

:yeahthat: It really does sound like them & I think RoseRed could have been pretty close with the bot fly suggestion also. It's that time of year for both. :shrug: It's too early in the year for the tobbaco plant virus isn't it?

frequentflier

happy to be living
:yeahthat: It really does sound like them & I think RoseRed could have been pretty close with the bot fly suggestion also. It's that time of year for both. :shrug: It's too early in the year for the tobbaco plant virus isn't it?

The mosaic form of the tobbaco plant virus seemed to have started earlier this year due to the mild winter we had.
If untreated, it can cause infertility, impotence and dementia.

PrepH4U

The mosaic form of the tobbaco plant virus seemed to have started earlier this year due to the mild winter we had.
If untreated, it can cause infertility, impotence and dementia.

If I am not mistaken doesn't the strain B part in the vacination take care of the mosaic form though? :shrug: Thanks for the reminder to get my vacinations updated. :huggy: