Read ..think...take poll:

Your thoughts on the Abortion story:

• Typical hype, Bible thumping emotionalism...story is just a story.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Sad...but there really isn't anything that could be done

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Parental rights have been slashed, scars left, a tragedy.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • This is a daily circumstance...its about time someone exposed it.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Choice is more important than parental rights...sorry: That is the law.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • It didn't have to go this way...thousands would have been willing to adopt.

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

ylexot

Super Genius
vraiblonde said:
So what? Even if it's totally made up, that doesn't mean we can't comment on it from a "what if" perspective.
I almost thought you were going to pull a Rather and say it doesn't matter that the "facts" were made up, the story is still true. :killingme

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
ylexot said:
I almost thought you were going to pull a Rather and say it doesn't matter that the "facts" were made up, the story is still true. :killingme
:lmao: No - but sometimes it's interesting to discuss hypothetical situations.

ylexot

Super Genius
vraiblonde said:
:lmao: No - but sometimes it's interesting to discuss hypothetical situations.
Actually, I think it's more than just interesting to discuss hypotheticals. We need to have discussions of hypothetical situations before they actually happen (i.e. Shiavo).

On parental notification, why does abortion get special rules? If it is a medical procedure (as the pro-abortion groups want it to be), it should follow the same rules as any other medical procedure for minors. I believe that requires parental notification/consent (I could be wrong). Don't minors even need consent to get a tatoo?

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
AC/DC said:
Sliding further and further toward the grave, I find that my feelings for abortion haven’t changed at all since I was about 12 years old.

IF the mother’s life is in jeopardy, then abort the child.
IF the child is a result of incest, kill the adult and abort the child.

Other than that let the child be born and either raise the child or give the child up for adoption.

I agree with ya but would like to add my own "allowable" abortion scenario. If a rape results in a pregancy...it's the mother's choice- but her decision shouldn't be questioned.

suzeQ

Occasional User
ylexot said:
Actually, I think it's more than just interesting to discuss hypotheticals. We need to have discussions of hypothetical situations before they actually happen (i.e. Shiavo).

On parental notification, why does abortion get special rules? If it is a medical procedure (as the pro-abortion groups want it to be), it should follow the same rules as any other medical procedure for minors. I believe that requires parental notification/consent (I could be wrong). Don't minors even need consent to get a tatoo?

I'm not sure about in the civilian world, but at the Navy clinic, any dependent under 18 must be accompanied by an adult for everything EXCEPT consultations about STD, pregnancy, related issues. I cannot send my 17 year old in for an ear infection alone, but he can be seen alone for Sexually Transmitted Diseases testing. I don't agree with it, but I have to go along with it.

Vince

vraiblonde said:
That's just amazing.
Another one for ya. My daughter is on my medical insurance. I get and pay all the over and above medical bills, but when it comes to letting me know anything on her medical bills, as far as what the tests were for or when or anything? Forget it. She's over 18 and they won't tell you squat. But I'm still paying the bills and she's listed as a dependent on my insurance. I have to call my daughter and ask her what, when and where. Amazing, isn't it. :confused:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
pvineswinger said:
I agree with ya but would like to add my own "allowable" abortion scenario. If a rape results in a pregancy...it's the mother's choice- but her decision shouldn't be questioned.

But that child could be adopted by a family unable to conceive children naturally. :shrug:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
AC/DC said:
But that child could be adopted by a family unable to conceive children naturally. :shrug:

I wouldn't want to carry the seed of a rape for 9 months. I would find that even more traumatic not to be able to move on and heal as soon as possible.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
AC/DC said:
But what if the mother has the baby, gives it up, then decides to get back the baby, becomes a crack-head, sells the baby for meth and ends up in jail? :ohwell:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
AC/DC said:
Yeah, a rape victim having a growing, living reminder day in and day out for nine months of what happened to her and then have her go through the emotional process of giving the child up too. I don't think so.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Chasey_Lane said:
But what if the mother has the baby, gives it up, then decides to get back the baby, becomes a crack-head, sells the baby for meth and ends up in jail? :ohwell:

Stay away from USA TV for a while. :cheers:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Ken King said:
Yeah, a rape victim having a growing, living reminder day in and day out for nine months of what happened to her and then have her go through the emotional process of giving the child up too. I don't think so.

It's a SUCK call Ken........it really is.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
AC/DC said:
But after the mother has been raped how is she going to feel about the baby? I know it's not the babies fault- but pregnancy is already an emotional time without adding a violent crime to the mix. The woman won't even be able to start healing until 9 mos to a year AFTER she's been raped.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
pvineswinger said:
But after the mother has been raped how is she going to feel about the baby? I know it's not the babies fault- but pregnancy is already an emotional time without adding a violent crime to the mix. The woman won't even be able to start healing until 9 mos to a year AFTER she's been raped.

Oh, I don't know, if she was allowed to strangle the rapist, I'd say the healing would start then. :biggrin:

Like I said, it's a really suck call. I can see both sides of this one........I am glad I don't have to make that call.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
pvineswinger said:
One other thing- jsut imagine when the child grows up, and wants to find his/her birth mother- and does find her. You know the next question: Why did you give me up? Imagine telling a kid (or even an adult) that.

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
pvineswinger said:
One other thing- jsut imagine when the child grows up, and wants to find his/her birth mother- and does find her. You know the next question: Why did you give me up? Imagine telling a kid (or even an adult) that.

Freddy Kruger.....:shocking:

Yeah, killing the kid is much easier. :yay:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
BUT, a quick fix to the rape issue is to give her a good cleansing after said event, that way it will wash all of the leave’ns out and there won’t be a pregnancy to worry about.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
AC/DC said:
BUT, a quick fix to the rape issue is to give her a good cleansing after said event, that way it will wash all of the leave’ns out and there won’t be a pregnancy to worry about.

What if she has been kidnapped and dropped off in a remote location and left for dead and cannot seek medical attention right away?