Read ..think...take poll:

Your thoughts on the Abortion story:

• Typical hype, Bible thumping emotionalism...story is just a story.

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Sad...but there really isn't anything that could be done

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Parental rights have been slashed, scars left, a tragedy.

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • This is a daily circumstance...its about time someone exposed it.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Choice is more important than parental rights...sorry: That is the law.

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • It didn't have to go this way...thousands would have been willing to adopt.

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Chasey_Lane said:
My argument is, it typically takes 2-3 days for the sperm to actually fertilize the egg. If you take the "day after" pill, I do not think enough time has passed for this to happen. Not saying it can't, just saying it won't all the time.

It doesn't typically take that long to fertalize an egg. Sperm can live inside the womb for 2-3 days so if a woman was to ovulate in that time then conception could occur. But if a woman is ovulating at the time of intercourse then it doesn't take that long for the sperm to reach and fertalize the egg.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
AC/DC said:
Ok, I’ll waste 5 minutes of my time trying to explain something to you……

You said “I don't know what God's opinion is- and that's the only opinion that really matters.”

By saying that, you are saying that God’s will is what matters…..yet you are going to use man made chemicals to undue God’s will…….

Speaking of needing to think before you type.
I didn't say what I believed about the morning after pill...I just said that was the ONLY way to ensure that a woman doesn't get pregnant after a rape. I never said I condone the use of it. Please read my posts before you respond to them. Thanks for playing!! :howdy:
I said God's opinion is the one the matters -to me- again an opinion. BUt I also said I didn't KNOW when "life" begins- and that's up to God, again IMO.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
AC/DC said:
Ok, I’ll waste 5 minutes of my time trying to explain something to you……

You said “I don't know what God's opinion is- and that's the only opinion that really matters.”

By saying that, you are saying that God’s will is what matters…..yet you are going to use man made chemicals to undue God’s will…….

Speaking of needing to think before you type.
And you don't EVER have to explain anything to me...that's like me asking a 5-yr-old to teach me how to drive... :duh:

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
pvineswinger said:
And you don't EVER have to explain anything to me...that's like me asking a 5-yr-old to teach me how to drive... :duh:

You really are full of yourself...........:duh: I'll just ignore your repugnant post from now on. :howdy:

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
AC/DC said:
You really are full of yourself...........:duh: I'll just ignore your repugnant post from now on. :howdy:
Okey dokey!! It will save me some time explaining things to you!
(Nice response... you might as well have said "you are a big doody-head and I'm not talking to you anymore.")

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Read ..think...take poll: 03-25-2005 10:56 AM No, actually, you are a narrow-minded ####### that isn't worth my time. You spend you day whining about anything that someone says that doesn't agree with your idiot perspective. AC/DC

A couple of things:
1. I thought you were going to put me on ignore...
2. What exactly was I whining about?
3. If I'm not worth your time, you shouldn't have spent the last two hrs responding to my posts...
4. Narrow-minded? awe- your so cute, when you're stupid.... :huggy:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Poll Options
Your thoughts on the Abortion story:
Typical hype, Bible thumping emotionalism...story is just a story.
Sad...but there really isn't anything that could be done
Parental rights have been slashed, scars left, a tragedy.
This is a daily circumstance...its about time someone exposed it.
Choice is more important than parental rights...sorry: That is the law.
It didn't have to go this way...thousands would have been willing to adopt.

Well, none of the above options prove relevant to me in their entirety. Relevance is a matter of perspective, and in this case, the perspective is that of the story giver. Again, I find myself casually indifferent to media sensationalism projecting the done wrong of a family when they waited until a big done wrong was done. Who was minding baby when baby had her pants down to begin with? And now that baby pulls her pants back up and there is an addition to her garden, everyone wants to demand rights on how to tell her how to make her garden grow OR if it should grow at all, though not minding the plowing when it was taking place right in front of them. Now, don't get me wrong, we've all taken chances and ventured out in areas that were forbidden. We don't look at sex as a God willing life producing act -most of us look at it as a way to have pleasure and silly naughtiness. And if you disagree, take a good long look at yourself. And, if you consume yourself with sperm time travel v. oocyte viability while sewing the seeds of love, then you're out of your effing mind.

I am pro-choice. I do believe in God. I do believe in science. I do believe in medicine. I do believe in miracles. I do believe in parental involvement. I do believe in the death penalty. I do believe in puppies. I do believe in stem cell research. I do believe in life support. I do believe in spirituality. I do believe in crossing all lines, making mistakes, informed decisions, saying I'm wrong, not sticking to one particular line of thinking and being open to learning.

With that said, if the parents were involved to begin with, they wouldn't have to shuffle now, be excluded, left out while their daughter underwent an abortion and isolated them at FOURTEEN and then had to have a poll about their life be held on SOMD.com.....

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
suzeQ said:
I'm not sure about in the civilian world, but at the Navy clinic, any dependent under 18 must be accompanied by an adult for everything EXCEPT consultations about STD, pregnancy, related issues. I cannot send my 17 year old in for an ear infection alone, but he can be seen alone for Sexually Transmitted Diseases testing. I don't agree with it, but I have to go along with it.

. . .and THAT situation results from the Democrat-dominated Congresss then the Clintonistia days when they used the military as a social laboratory to begin the social take over of American values.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
AC/DC said:
BUT, a quick fix to the rape issue is to give her a good cleansing after said event, that way it will wash all of the leave’ns out and there won’t be a pregnancy to worry about.

Not singling you out AC/DC but wanted to ask everyone in the it's a rape thing discussion:

If you allow a therapeutic abortion only in the instance of rape, how soon will it be before every girl who finds herself inconviently pregnant claims it was because of a rape?

AC/DC

Lord, I apologize.
Lenny said:
Not singling you out AC/DC but wanted to ask everyone in the it's a rape thing discussion:

If you allow a therapeutic abortion only in the instance of rape, how soon will it be before every girl who finds herself inconviently pregnant claims it was because of a rape?

I had thought of that too, but just let it go after the conversation went south.

There doesn't seem to be a true answer to this point, it's all speculation and interpretation.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Lenny said:
. . .and THAT situation results from the Democrat-dominated Congresss then the Clintonistia days when they used the military as a social laboratory to begin the social take over of American values.
pure idiot right there....

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Lenny said:

who is she "claiming" it to?

ylexot

Super Genius
Lenny said:
Possible, but it wouldn't work. How long does it take to determine if you're pregnant? How long does it take to determine if you've been raped?