real estate question

tommyjones

What kind of freak are you?

Now you're saying you wouldn't buy in this down market after all that B.S you've been spewing?

:jameo:

you have to read all the words or it wont ever make any sense......

againforyourskimmingazz said:
why would i invest when the market in down? thats just retarded. Now if i needed a place to live and i was ready to buy i would be able to find a place that i wouldn't loose money on while i owned it.

oh, and my credit is better than yours apparently, i wouldn't need 20% down.

terbear1225

no kidding. i should have known patch would show up. not that it's any of his bsiness, but I wasn't planning to run out and buy this house tomorrow. just planning for some time next year.

J

jaybeeztoo

no kidding. i should have known patch would show up. not that it's any of his bsiness, but I wasn't planning to run out and buy this house tomorrow. just planning for some time next year.

You will always find someone happy or upset with a builder, but I worked with QBH and feel they build good, quality homes. That price is not bad for their models, especially 2nd hand (if that's the right term).

I wish I could buy something instead of dumping money into rent. But, that's just how it goes right now.

bohman

a first time home buyer who's been smart enough to not pay $2500 in rent and instead saved some of that money wo they could own a home of their own one day.

See this, Patch? The common sense is doing everything but smacking you in the face. Does your head hurt yet?

that explains a lot. You are a hasn't owned who is living outside his means in a house he can't afford, drive a BMW he cant really afford and having trouble with a TV he cant really afford.....

there are other ways to buy that dont require 20% down, now if you have terrible credit, or you are trying to buy a house you cant afford.......

That looks like an accurate description to me. :yay:

tommyjones

what it says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by terbear1225
a first time home buyer who's been smart enough to not pay $2500 in rent and instead saved some of that money wo they could own a home of their own one day.

See this, Patch? The common sense is doing everything but smacking you in the face. Does your head hurt yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyjones
that explains a lot. You are a hasn't owned who is living outside his means in a house he can't afford, drive a BMW he cant really afford and having trouble with a TV he cant really afford.....

there are other ways to buy that dont require 20% down, now if you have terrible credit, or you are trying to buy a house you cant afford.......

That looks like an accurate description to me.

what patches sees
"wordssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss"

awpitt

Main Streeter
Explain why you wouldn't just wait a year to buy the house at least 8% cheaper?
Because no one can gurantee that it will be 8% cheaper, unless one can do time travel and find out.

And you're nothing short of shameless to recommend that military folks buy a house for 3 years with an ARM in this real estate market.
There's nothing shameless about that at all. A service member here on a three year tour can buy on and ARM, starting at 4% which covers year one. Year two it may or may not adjust to 5%. Year three it may or may not adjust to 6%. Tour is up they sell for some profit or break even.

tommyjones

Talk about blind...

You're booked to lose at least 8% next year...

You have a 10% sell cost...

That's 18% that you're down! Where's all your profit?

They'll be bankrupt and you'll be laughing saying "I convinced that idiot to buy my house so I could get out and avoid going broke."

there are an awful lot of things that can change before now and then. No one knows what the actual increase/decrease will be in the next year.

and where do you get a 10% selling cost? unless you are a tard you only have to pay 6% to realtors. I only paid 3% when i bought my place......

tommyjones

I know, you short bus riders don't pay any transfer taxes or anything else involved in selling real estate except the agent's commission...

:whistle:

we still aren't talking 10%

BTW, taxes are what taxes are, you can't get away from them. you pay property taxes every year, you just do it for your landlord :whistle:

tommyjones

Prove me wrong...

Bring some valid news articles in here saying that it's less...

That's all you tards do, is come in here and yap, but never back it up with any news articles...

:whistle:

all you people who have bought houses and have equity are delusional, patches has an article that says it cant happen :lmao:

:livingbeyondyourmeanstard:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Hey patchy! I just sold my house here for over $150K more than I paid for it 4 years ago. The sale of this place in overpriced SoMD bought me a great hobby farm out west with many acres and room for horses, ponies, dogs, and kids. If I had been renting and not built up any equity I doubt I could have afforded the new place. This way I had a huge down payment and my morgage will be lower than it is now and much less than it would cost to rent such a place. The new house is in an expanding market too. In a few more years that land is going to only get more valuable. Why would renting have been preferrable?

Last edited:

The Dude

You mean coitus?
You're another one...

I guess you missed the forecast for another drop...

Top 10 U.S. Housing Markets Expected to Drop Composite 8% in 2008 - Seeking Alpha

Buy now and lose your azz by next December. How do you guys sleep at night?

:killingme

Your obviously not reading my posts... :smack:

Don't be a spazz...if you buy a house and keep it for at least 10-15 years it will abolutely go up in value.

You must be one of those people who were scared your copmuter was going to blow up in the year 2000. :lmao:

The Dude

You mean coitus?
Oh, so now you're now you're going to join the idiots that made the comment of "homes have only lost value if you sell them. If you don't sell, you haven't lost money."

http://forums.somd.com/consumer-financial-affairs/122733-some-our-idiots-made-news.html

You havn't had any realized losses, no. How canyou have lost any money if you already have a stable mortgage and keep your investment? You can compare it to the stok market...if you don't be a freak and sell off you stock because of one scare and hold onto your investment, eventually it will come back. You have no concept of accounting or economics do yoo? Just because you read some article you think that's the truth...your a friggin tard. :howdy:

awpitt

Main Streeter
Talk about blind...

You're booked to lose at least 8% next year...

You have a 10% sell cost...

That's 18% that you're down! Where's all your profit?

They'll be bankrupt and you'll be laughing saying "I convinced that idiot to buy my house so I could get out and avoid going broke."

I'm not loosing a thing next year but wait 'til your rent goes up.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Better yet, can you show us a three year ARM that isn't going to have pre-payment penalty?

You're so full of it you stink...

Pre-payment penalties are illeagal in MD and most other states. I've refinanced many times over the years and have bought and sold four houses all resulting in profits. I've had fixed rates and ARMs, never paid a pre-payment penalty. But never mind me, you keep investing in your landlord's future.