real estate question

refi-rep

No, it's a thread where one mis-guided poster is repeatedly tries to convince everyone else that it's smart to line the pockets of a landlord. That's the stupid part. I've pre-paid at least six different mortgages in MD through sales and refinances and have never paid a pre-payment penalty.

Usually there arent pre payment penalities, however Ive seen companies that try to slip that in at the last minute. Make sure you read the pre disclosures and have them point out to you that theres no prepayment penalties before signing, incase down the road you decide to refi or pay off your loan early.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Usually there arent pre payment penalities, however Ive seen companies that try to slip that in at the last minute. Make sure you read the pre disclosures and have them point out to you that theres no prepayment penalties before signing, incase down the road you decide to refi or pay off your loan early.
This actually happened to me in two cases where I was refinancing and it was with out of state companies. In each case, the initial paperwork contained a pre-payment penalty clause. I reminded them that I live in MD. In both cases, they took the clause out.