Recipe for corn on the cob?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Grill the corn and brush it with chipotle butter.

Take off some of the husk, leaving at least one layer on the corn. Grill on high for 8 minutes, turn, then grill another 8 minutes. Corn will shuck easily after grilling, silk and all.

Chipotle butter is just chipotle chile powder, butter and salt. Brush it on the shucked corn. Eat.

PrepH4U

Take off some of the husk, leaving at least one layer on the corn. Grill on high for 8 minutes, turn, then grill another 8 minutes. Corn will shuck easily after grilling, silk and all.

Chipotle butter is just chipotle chile powder, butter and salt. Brush it on the shucked corn. Eat.

:yeahthat: I have found if you soak the corn in water for 30 minutes all the moisture inside helps cook it and the husks do not burn as easy. I agree the silk comes off so much easier this way. Garlic butter is also yummy on grilled corn.

angelbaby

Have a preference of boiled or grilled? I havent had any luck grilling it! :lmao:
Just make sure if you boil it to put a 1/2 cup or so of sugar into the water to make it really sweet. Then smother it in butter an old bay when it's done. :drool:

R

remaxrealtor

We brush it with the same chili butter, then wrap it in raw bacon slices, secure with toothpicks and slow roast...the bacon flavor soaks all the way in....:drool:

If I have the time, I soak the corn in the husk in salt water for an hour, then grill with the husk on. I grill it until the corn is starting to brown lightly but evenly inside.

Peel the husk, salt and butter.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Don't laugh. Not fancy but it works and is fast.

Peel almost all the husk except for the last thin layer. Microwave for 1-3 minutes. It's done and easy to peel.

I like the chipolte butter idea!! :yum:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Grilled corn is my favorite, but my nephew made the BEST boiled corn I've ever had by adding milk to the water. This is pretty close to how he cooked it - minus the red pepper flakes, thank goodness :lol: :

Ingredients
1 gallon water
1 quart milk
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
12 ears fresh corn, shucked and silk removed
butter or olive oil or soy sauce or maple syrup, for serving (optional)

Directions
1 Place the water, milk, butter, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large, heavy pot and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.

2 Add the corn, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.

3 Remove the pot from the heat and let stand until needed.

4 Drain and serve hot, either plain or with the condiments of your choosing, such as oil, butter or maple syrup. (edit - I just serve with butter and sprinkle Old Bay on it :yum: )

Corn On The Cob Recipe | Recipezaar

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ditto...

...that but leave all the husk on. 9 minutes per side.

:lol:

Total ditto on the chipotle butter.

L

lugebob

peel, boil, eat then work the toothpick like a hick from...................

nomoney

Grilled corn is my favorite, but my nephew made the BEST boiled corn I've ever had by adding milk to the water. This is pretty close to how he cooked it - minus the red pepper flakes, thank goodness :lol: :

Ingredients
1 gallon water
1 quart milk
4 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
12 ears fresh corn, shucked and silk removed
butter or olive oil or soy sauce or maple syrup, for serving (optional)

Directions
1 Place the water, milk, butter, sugar, salt, and red pepper flakes in a large, heavy pot and bring to a rolling boil over high heat.

2 Add the corn, reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until tender, about 5 to 8 minutes.

3 Remove the pot from the heat and let stand until needed.

4 Drain and serve hot, either plain or with the condiments of your choosing, such as oil, butter or maple syrup. (edit - I just serve with butter and sprinkle Old Bay on it :yum: )

Corn On The Cob Recipe | Recipezaar

I do the butter, sugar and salt deal in the water - but never heard of milk. Do you know what the purpose of the milk is? I might have to try that

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I do the butter, sugar and salt deal in the water - but never heard of milk. Do you know what the purpose of the milk is? I might have to try that

I had never heard of it either but milk tenderizes and sweetens the corn. It was AWESOME. :yay:

MrX

High Octane
Some yummy sounding recipes in here, def gonna try some! Was going to do that tonight, but the corn didnt look so good. Cant wait till the local corn is ready :drool:

punjabigyrl

I cook mine in the microwave. After all the husk is removed I wrap the corn up in waxed paper and twist the ends and nuke it for 3 minutes per corn. I like much better than boiled.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
I shuck the ears and then wrap them in tin foil with a couple pats of butter and some salt.
Throw them on the grill :yum: